“hotel info” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersGold level
Michigan
“hotel info”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2011

I just stayed there and was a little worried after reading the reviews.
yes the parking is expensive.
Very clean hotel. No bugs.
Even though this is a convention hotel , you must walk next door to the Hyatt, which is no problem, unless it is pouring rain.
The shuttles to the convention were on time.

Once I got used to the elevators, they were very efficient , never waited over 1 min and the hotel was full. Yes they work different but I think its a better system, than the standard ones.
I needed a refrigerator for medication and they brought one up n/c.
no wierd charges on the bill.
I would stay there again.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Nicole E, Director of Public Relations at Swissotel Chicago, responded to this review, September 22, 2011
Dear lovetotravelfromMI,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay at Swissôtel Chicago.

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found our elevator system to be very efficient. It is great to hear that our team was able to assist you by providing you with a refrigerator. We are happy to know that you would stay with us again and do look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Swissôtel Chicago Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (662)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Merrillville, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2011

Stayed here after a company-sponsored Gala. Overall, I was satisfied with my stay.
The room itself was nice. It's tricky getting in there, so first time travelers, pay close attention on Wacker Dr. It's a quick right turn otherwise, you have to U-turn which can be hectic if you're unfamiliar with the area.
When I arrived, everyone including the parking attendant, front desk, and bell-man were very nice and welcoming. The bell-man gave the usual tour of the room and facility. I had a double queen with a nice view of Navy Pier. Nice fluffy pillows and comforter. Internet was not free which to me is a dissatisfier. Parking was a bit expensive, $56.00 for the night but I think that's the going rate for a Downtown Hotel.
I slept well, was not able to hear anything but I did stay out at the Gala til about 2AM at the Hyatt. When I awoke the next morning, I decided to have room service. Green Tea and Pancakes ran about $30.00 (including gratuity) but I have to say the food arrived rather quickly. I was satisfied with the breakfast, it was tasty and the service was great from the gentlemen who delivered it.
My only gripe was nearing check-out. I casually looked over my bill that was slid under my door and noticed the expensive parking and an additional $78.00 for a bar-tab. Bar tab? I don't even drink alcohol what could that be? Belvidere Vodka....apparently is very expensive. I have to say when I called the front desk, they were very nice and removed charge immediately. So I really can't complain about that; however, pay close attention to your bill. Can you imagine how many times patrons are charged for that when they don't read the bill; probably numerous.
Nice clean room and I would definitely stay again. I really felt everyone was caring and genuine; not snooty. Good job Swissotel.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Dear NBMGR,

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay despite the inconvenience with the error on your bill. It is great to hear that our team was able to assist during that time. We are happy that you found our staff to be caring and genuine and that you would definitely stay with us again. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2011

from the moment of arrival all was perfect, assistance when needed and a quiet.This hotel is one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in. Excellent location. Very friendly staff. Wonderful view of the Navy Pier,no additional charge.lots of food and entertainment close by and the hotel itself was just amazing. The entire staff was professional, fun and glad to help us naviagate our girls weekend. The lobby, bar and resturant was clean and inviting.

Thanks for all service

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Upstate, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2011

I stayed here for business last week and it is gorgous!
My room on the 34th floor was amazing with an incredible bathroom!
great view of the navy pier!
we had dinner at the plam- highly over rated and $$$$$ as well as drinks and fondue in the lobby bar (also $$$)
pricy pool/fitness center and parking- but you are blocks from michigan avenue and the best pizza ever!
the staff is super friendly and let me check in at 10 am when my flight from ohare arrived.
we ahd a conferance the last 2 days of the week in the ballroom and it was lovely!
Stay here!!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Lestersmommy,

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and are happy to hear that you found our staff to be super friendly. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Denver
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2011

My family wanted a two day weekend getaway in Chicago with four adjacent rooms on the same floor…but this was almost impossible because of the reservation system. When I requested four rooms together with the online reservation system I never received any e-mail confirmations…after I called in I finally received four e-mail confirmations on different floors with different views either including or not including breakfast. After about six telephone calls and numerous e-mail confirmations I decided to cancel all of the reservations and move to Hyatt Regency next door but by chance Jackie, In House Reservation Manager, answered my call and corrected these continuing problems. However, when we arrived at the hotel we all had the same rate with breakfast but again on different floor with different views…the rooms had not been blocked before our arrival so another thirty minute correction at the front desk with a twenty dollar tip to the Desk Manager…on the same floor but we still did not have four adjacent rooms in a half-full hotel and the mini refrigerator was deliver to the wrong room. Basically, the problem is that there is a central reservation and an in house reservation and neither have automatic e-mail confirmation…and if you have a reservation with breakfast this has to be manually updated in the system by either calling after making the online reservation or at the front desk at check-in. Also the rumor about charging for the included breakfast is true…My parents and my aunt went down to breakfast early and told the server that they had breakfast included with the room and were handed an menu to order and a complimentary bill at the end of breakfast which was instead charged to my room…so after we ate breakfast I was a little surprise later that day with $80 breakfast bill was added to my room charge for my parents and aunt…this continuing problem could easily be corrected by providing guests with a buffet breakfast voucher like other hotels but this is an obvious "bait and switch" to get guests to twice pay for breakfast. Regardless, I was another thirty minutes at the front desk correcting this problem and the only reason I think this charge was removed was because it was added to my room and not my parents and aunt rooms…also this breakfast charge was submitted to my credit card within hours and had to be removed before check-out. In summary, if you believe that a group reservation for four rooms at a $200/night hotel should include 30-minutes online making a reservation, 2-3 hours on the telephone correcting the reservations, another 30-minutes at the front desk correcting the reservations again, then another 30-minutes correcting additional charges before check-out, and like this much chaos...then I highly recommend the Swissotel for your next family weekend getaway.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Nicole E, Director of Public Relations at Swissotel Chicago, responded to this review, September 23, 2011
Dear Kurt5280,

We sincerely apologize for the inconviences you experienced. I have reviewed your feedback in detail with our management team.

You will be happy to know that, as a result of guest feedback like yours, we have:

-Implemented a new confirmation system

-Updated all of our packages so that the breakfast charges are automatically broken out

We value your feedback as it allows us to continuously improve.

Doha, Qatar
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2011

This hotel is one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in. All has been said about location, cleanness, hospitality & freindely of staff and beautiful views from all directions, but Ms. Charmaine M. Gage ( the night manager ) is the cream of the cream...thank you swissotel, we will be back !!

• Stayed April 2011
Cottage Grove, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2011

Very nice hotel. Excellent location. Very friendly staff. Clean and modern, very cool. We felt like VIPs for our stay.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear akorpi76,

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and are happy to hear that we made you feel like VIPs. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.