Hotel Blake Chicago
$275
$242
Hilton.com
  • Restaurant
La Quinta Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$199
$324
Agoda.com
$149
  • Fitness center
Hotel Versey - Days Inn Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$159
$144
The Talbott Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$279
$195
  • Restaurant
Hyatt Regency Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$416
Hotelpower.com
2,092 results
All reviewsprinter's rowmeli cafeprinters rowthe looptwo sinkswithin walking distancegrant parkcontinental breakfastblue linestreet noiseattached restaurantdoor manbrick wallsears towerbuckingham fountainroom was spaciousfront desk staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 16, 2006

Hola, I have just returned from a wonderful 4Nite stay at the "Hotel Blake", We could not have asked for anything more considering the price we paid. The staff were very friendly and helpful especially Patrick. They catered to our needs, with great smiles. This boutique hotel will only get more expensive as time goes on. I feel very fortunate to have stayed at this lovely place when I did. I would go back in a heartbeat. I also love the help I have had, thanks to all of you that take the time to give a feedback. My trip to Chi Town was super!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Jubeyjubey
Reviewed August 16, 2006

My husband and I stayed at this hotel during our recent trip to Chicago for Lollapalooza. The hotel was a few blocks walk from Grant park and numberous "L" stations which was a perfect location. The room was nice, newly renovated, but we did have a room with a view of the white brick wall. No biggie, we weren't in Chicago to spend much time staring out the hotel room window anyway. The bed was very comfortable and the renovated bathroom and rain-style shower head were great. Overall nice hotel, no raves or complaints. Definitely work a package deal so you can save some money on the rate, but the location is great.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jen827
Reviewed August 15, 2006

Hotel Blake is a beautiful hotel in an excellent location! The building is historic and fabulous, and the rooms are comfortable, roomy, and quiet. I would absolutely recommend staying here.

• Stayed: August 2006
Reviewed August 3, 2006

My stay started off pleasantly enough, but at 6:30am on Saturday morning I was awoken by loud construction that did not abate. The staff at the hotel was not only unapologetic but they refused to do anything to alleviate the situation -- this includes moving me to another room, offering me a discounted rate, etc. What proceeded was a run-around by the management that dampened my stay.

While I was excited by the fact that the hotel was new and a small boutique establishment rather than a chain, I quickly realized the lack competence and integrity. There are plenty of better places to stay in Chicago where you can be assured that the management will safeguard your need for a good night's sleep.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled with family
1  Thank TravelBlogger
Reviewed July 23, 2006

I stayed at the Blake from July 15-19 and was a little wary due to the reviews on this website. Most of the negative reviews are based on the fact that the hotel has been undergoing renovations over the past year. Well, the renovations were complete in the lobby and on my floor, and the hotel is beautiful! My room (616--a standard king) was very spacious (over 400 s.f.) and had a great view of the Chicago public library. Note: I highly recommend getting an even-numbered room, since the odd-numbered rooms face a rather unattractive white wall. The bed was large and comfortable, the flat-screen TV was great, and the spacious bathroom was finished in stylish marble and had a large vanity with two sinks--perfect for myself and my partner. My favorite part of the room was the new carpet--great style and great texture (I usually don't notice carpet, but this was wonderful)! The lobby was rather small and unremarkable, but attractive. I agree with others who have posted about the Orange restaurant around the corner--great for breakfast! And young Patrick the doorman was very helpful. The location is only one block south of the loop and within easy walking distance (5-10 minutes) to anything in the downtown area. I would stay here again! (I had to move to the Hotel Burnham--#1 in Chicago according to Tripadvisor--in the middle of the week due to a Priceline reservation, but I thought the rooms at the Blake were much nicer). I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2006
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank cc49