“Not well kept”

Hotel Blake Chicago
Ranked #34 of 191 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed April 10, 2014

This was a disappointment. I was originally booked at the Chicago Hilton for a convention, but due to overbooking, I was sent here. The staff at the front desk was polite and knowledgable. The room itself was the problem. The bathroom was dingy. The toilet was broken - the tank top was from a different toilet and it didn't fit. The toilet didn't flush. There was no hot water in the shower. The bed was very squeaky. - almost every time I moved I dealt with noise. I was given a room right off the elevator, which can often be noisy. This was not. It was quiet. I'm lucky I was there less than 12 hours total, and all I did was sleep.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Thomas B, General Manager at Hotel Blake Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2014

Thank you for sharing your feedback of your stay at our hotel. Your feedback is important to us in order to ensure that we maintain high quality service and accommodations for our guests. I apologize for the issues endured with the room on your experience. I would appreciate it if you could reach out to us so that we can discuss the problems in detail and ensure that we can fix the issues for future guests. Please call the hotel directly at 312-986-1234. We value your business and hope we can show you the best we have to offer our guests on your next stay.

There are newer reviews for Hotel Blake Chicago

Reviewed April 10, 2014

Hey our stay there was great! We stayed for 5 nights in February. Yes it was freezing in the city but it sure felt great to come back to our rom. The room was much larger than expected. the staff was attentive and polite. We had a package that included breakfast. It was great and well worth it. There is a bus stop in front of the hotel and the "El" 1.5 blks. And hey Genos across the street.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Torreypat

Thank you for sharing your stay with us at the Hotel Blake Chicago. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your experience. I am happy you found our spacious rooms and friendly staff to meet your standards. We appreciate your kind comments and look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed April 9, 2014

I stay in downtown Chicago quite often but had never been to the Hotel Blake before. It is in a good location, about 7 blocks from Union Station and about the same distance from Michigan Avenue at Grant Park. It is near the Museum Campus, the Institute of Arts and the theater district. It is maybe a mile or so from the miracle mile area. The rooms were in excellent condition and very large, probably almost twice the size of the standard double room, and this had two queen beds. The bath was nice, well equipped and very new and clean. The staff was excellent. I would definitely stay here again! Highly recommended.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Larry P
Thomas B, General Manager at Hotel Blake Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2014

Thank you for sharing your feedback of the Hotel Blake Chicago. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with special regards to our spacious rooms, convenient location, and friendly staff. We value your business and look forward to your stay again with us in the near future.

Reviewed April 9, 2014

My wife and daughter just got back form a three night stay at the Hotel Blake, and they loved it. They thought that the room was very comfortable and clean,and the hotel was very convienently located, especially in terms of eating eastablishments. But they really raved about the staff. They were very friendly, professional, and most of all, helpful. When I saked them if they would stay there again, they both answered with a resounding "Yes!"

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Prfbruce

Thank you for sharing your wonderful stay with us at the Hotel Blake Chicago. I am pleased to learn that your family enjoyed their time at our hotel with special notice of our spacious rooms and convenient location. Our staff is glad that they could assist you with your needs during your experience. We value your feedback and look forward to your next stay with us again soon!

Reviewed April 7, 2014 via mobile

I recently stayed at the Hotel Blake for 2 nights for my first time in Chicago. It was an excellent stay. The staff at Hotel Blake were awesome, providing professional and friendly service that really made my stay worthwhile. The doorman, Showtime, was extremely helpful with finding entertainment at night. The rest of the staff that helped me, including Michael, Rachel, Lisa and Dan, were also awesome.

The rooms were quite large and spacious, with vaulted ceilings and huge bathrooms. Definitely excellent value for the price. The room was clean and comfortable. A minibar would've been nice.

The location was great, close to everything you would need in downtown Chicago. Be sure to check out the restaurant attached to the hotel, Cafe meli. The food and service there was excellent as well.

I had a great time at the Blake and I would definitely stay there again or recommend it to others.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Han_Solo420
Thomas B, General Manager at Hotel Blake Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Hotel Blake Chicago. I am pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay with special notice of our friendly staff, spacious rooms, and convenient location. We will take your suggestion of a minibar in the rooms into consideration for future renovations. We value your feedback and look forward to your next stay!

Reviewed March 30, 2014

We had a great three day stay at the Hotel Blake in March and were so pleased with our choice. Our room was more than ample size for the four of us and all of our "stuff". The Hotel was elegant and clean and the service was outstanding. We stayed at the hotel to eat breakfast each day because we so enjoyed the food and service. But when eating out, there was a well known deep dish pizza place right across the street and a Starbucks and Panera Bread right around the corner when we needed them. The Hotel is located centrally to many attractions and to bus routes. We plan on staying there again the next time we go!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank GButeyn
Thomas B, General Manager at Hotel Blake Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014

Thank you for sharing your stay with us at the Hotel Blake Chicago. I am happy to hear that you and your friends enjoyed your experience with our spacious rooms and convenient location. We are especially pleased that you have chosen our property for your next visit as well. We value your feedback and look forward to your next trip!

Reviewed March 29, 2014

The hotel is beautiful and reminded me a lot of being in New York. The rooms were clean and the bed was comfortable. I would recommend this hotel again and again. The doorman Showtime was extremely funny and was a wealth of knowledge. He walked us to a jazz club that was right around the corner. I was surprised to get that kind of first class treatment in such a big city.

Room Tip: I love the busy sounds. If you prefer quiet please ask for a room not facing the street.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank rinarisper

Thank you for sharing your stay with us at the Hotel Blake Chicago. I am thrilled to hear that our staff could go above and beyond to make your experience exceptional. We appreciate your kind feedback of our hotel and look forward to your next visit in the near future.