Hotel Blake Chicago
Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$317
$233
Sofitel
  • Restaurant
The James Chicago-Magnificent Mile(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$189
Hilton.com
$595
$447
  • Pool
La Quinta Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$233
Warwick Allerton-Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$194
$141
  • Room Service
Hotel Versey - Days Inn Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$159
$144
Hotels.com
2,092 results
All reviewsprinter's rowmeli cafeprinters rowthe looptwo sinkswithin walking distancegrant parkcontinental breakfastblue linestreet noiseattached restaurantdoor manbrick wallsears towerbuckingham fountainroom was spaciousfront desk staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 5, 2013

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts
Vee J, Director of Sales at Hotel Blake Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2013

Reviewed December 4, 2013

Upon arrival requested a room with two beds but they had non eavailable but gave us a larger room in case we needed arollaway. The room we got was perfect, the view amazing. Everyone on staff super kind and helpful. Will come back :)

• Stayed: November 2013
Vee J, Director of Sales at Hotel Blake Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2013

Thank you for sharing your wonderful stay experience at the Wyndham Blake Chicago! I am thrilled to hear that our staff went above and beyond to make your stay more enjoyable. We appreciate your kind comments and look forward to your next stay!

Reviewed December 4, 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed December 2, 2013

My husband and I found it hard to describe this hotel. It has a good location, the staff is friendly but things just are off somehow, which I describe below. While not a horrible experience, I would not stay there again. Some guidebooks describe this as a "boutique" hotel. It is not. It was formerly a Hyatt and is of a mid level hotel with no particular panache one associates with a boutique hotel.

When the heat in our first room wouldn't stop running, first they tried to repair it. When that didn't work, they provided us with another room. And when I left my nightgown in the first room and requested a key to go retrieve it, Carolyn just showed up with my nightgown apologizing for having to switch rooms. She was truly very helpful. And, when the lamp didn't work, well, they raced around to get a new lamp. We also received two vouchers to get a free beer or wine.

The bar, which is small and near the entrance, has the hours in the evening seven days a week. My husband and I decided to use our vouchers on Sunday night. The bar wasn't open. When we questioned if it was opening up, we were told the bartender has off one day a week - it's only fair. We pointed out the sign, and got a shrug. I agree the bartender should get a day off, but changing the sign would be useful, too.

And then there is the matter of the lobby. Chicago has a long and cold winter. I wanted to meet family members in the lobby and chat before going out. Our room is too small to accommodate three more people. Well, the lobby is freezing. They don't have a good method of coordinating the doors being open/closed, an air lock of sorts, nor do they have a heater blasting the lobby, which some other hotels have. So, the doors, which were open together often, were sort of like a mini version of the Canadian cold air blast. Having a lobby is great place to meet people, etc., and you cannot do that when the place is freezing. Even the bartender, whose back is to the door, was freezing. (I asked, wondering if he had somehow acclimated.)

The rooms themselves have very comfortable beds. The bathrooms were recently redone and have a shower with a half a glass wall that functions as a shower barrier. It is a great shower, good pressure, lots of hot water, but no matter how I tried, I got the floor wet. Really wet. That is probably why the door in both rooms - I have a little sample here - were rotting and needed paint.

While some restaurant was supposed to be opening, as of Dec 2nd, there was no restaurant or room service. The hotel staff had no information about when the restaurant was opening. I met people in the elevator complaining that this was very inconvenient. They do not have a little gift shop but there is a 24 hour 7/11 across the street.

So, not the best experience, but not a horrible hotel. But I would try another hotel were I to be back in Chicago rather than come back here.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your review of our hotel. I am pleased that you generally enjoyed your experience at our hotel. While our new restaurant is in the process of opening, I am sorry to learn that it was an inconvenience to your trip. We do hope you plan your next trip when it opens in the near future. We appreciate your feedback and hope you give us another chance to show you the best we have to offer our guests.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts
Vee J, Director of Sales at Hotel Blake Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013