“A nice stay”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Chicago, Illinois, Usa
“A nice stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

I needed a nice place to stay during my taking of the Illinois State Bar and the Wyndham provided just that. I picked for its value and location. The price was right, only two blocks away from the blue line, and close to UIC. The hotel staff was especially friendly, helpful and accomodating. I asked for a quiet room because of my exam and was provided one away from the street and elevator. The room was decorated lovely with a desk and coffee maker. The bed and pillows were very comfortable and I slept very well with no disturbances. The front desk provided me with a wake up call and the doorman was especially nice in helping me get a cab every morning. The bathroom was very clean with a nice large shower area. My only constructive criticism is in regards to the lighting as it could have been better for reading purposes and also to the lack of room service. There was a continental breakfast buffet next door but it did not open until 9:00 a.m. which was too late and seemed expensive just for bagels and coffee. Luckily for me, Starbucks was right across the street as well as Gino's for dinner. And of course everyone delivers. But overall I was impressed with the value of the room and accomodations, the helpfulness of the staff and would definitely stay at the Wyndham again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Vee J, Director of Sales at Hotel Blake Chicago, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Wyndham Blake Chicago. I am happy to hear that our staff could be accommodating during your stay while studying for your exam. We are also pleased that you found our rooms clean and comfortable; and our location convenient to transportation and UIC. We appreciate your feedback in regards to the lighting in our rooms and hours of our breakfast. You will be happy to know that I have passed along your comments and that they will be taken into consideration for future guests. We hope you plan another visit when our new restaurant opens. I am very excited about the new menu and hope you will be as well. We value your feedback and look forward to your next stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (230)
  • Turkish first
Travelers also viewed these Chicago hotels
Renaissance Blackstone Chicago Hotel
Chicago Athletic Association Hotel
The Buckingham Club
The Buckingham Club
#125 of 187 in Chicago

Been to Hotel Blake Chicago? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hotel Blake Chicago

Property: Hotel Blake Chicago
Address: 500 S Dearborn St, Chicago, IL 60605-1502 (Formerly Wyndham Blake Chicago)
Location: United States > Illinois > Chicago > Downtown / The Loop
#22 Green Hotel in Chicago
#32 Family Hotel in Chicago
#34 Romantic Hotel in Chicago
#55 Business Hotel in Chicago
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Hotel Blake Chicago 3.5*
Indulge in Hotel Blake, a landmark of luxury in one of downtown Chicago’s most vibrant neighborhoods, Printers Row. In walking distance to shopping, Millenium Park, Soldier Field, Willis Tower and many other cultural places, The Hotel Blake Chicago offers a robust taste of Chicago’s rich culture and diversity. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, HotelsforEveryone, Priceline, Booking.com, Choice Hotels, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Jetsetter, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Blake Chicago reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Wyndham Blake Chicago Hotel Chicago