“Needs some tweaks!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Antioch, Illinois
“Needs some tweaks!”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

I arrived on Monday 1-14 and stayed til Thursday 1-17. I was greeted by Showtime! He is indeed worthy of his fan base. I checked in at 9:00a they had the room ready the staff made for a smooth check in. I headed to my room on the 9th floor. I entered my room and started to un-pack. I work in I.T. so the first thing was to un-pack was the Laptop and outlet strip. Then I connected to the hotels wi-fi. Easy to connect, but very weak signal. I did a signal scan get a lower floor if you want to wifi. I just switched over to my modem. The room was very clean. I saw the shower head it is the size of a dinner plate and has limited access as one reviewer also mentioned you go through many water temps while adjusting it to your comfort. I'm a not under the sheet sleeper. I pull the bedding and loosen it up. Thats when the comforter and I had a issue. That thing had enough of a static charge to power Chicago. I hit it with some anti-static spray. Hotel could use some humidity added to their climate control. The climate control temp wise kept the room very comfortable.The room was very noise free. I'm a smoker so I would wake around 6:00a go down to have a smoke. Taxi's buzz the place like hornets. Bus and CTA rail are within a short walk. The area residents are very friendly. The hotel has a $9 continental breakfast upgrade...If your into grains and fruit it works. I did eat there on my last day, they could add a waffle maker. There is a Potbelly next door that advertises opening at 6:30a but did not on tuesday morning so I wrote it off for breakfast. There is a Starbucks across the street. There are places to get good old bacon and eggs close by! The hotel needs some tweaks here and there to compete with other hotels in Chicago in there price range that I have stayed at. They have a great staff #1 is indeed Showtime!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Ralph K
Vee J, Director of Sales at Hotel Blake Chicago, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Thank you for sharing your feedback of your stay. Your feedback is important to us in order to ensure that we maintain high quality service and accommodations for our guests. You will be pleased to hear that we will take your feedback into consideration for future renovations throughout the hotel. We strive to meet the needs of our travelers and are sorry that we could not exceed your expectations during your stay. I have passed your comments along to our General Manager, Tom Bruno. We would appreciate it if you would contact him at (312) 986-1234 so that we can address your issues in further detail. We value your feedback and hope that you give us another chance to show you the best we have to offer.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (230)
  • Turkish first
GREENVILLE
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Th.e location and price worked very well.

Special thanks to Vee Jones for all her help in setting up the room Block.

Front desk representative Barbara was extremely helpful.

Doorman "Show Time" is an amaizing asset your hotel. He was always pleasant and very helpful.

Only dissapointment waos the fact that the previous restaurant connected to the hotel was closed.

I will conside staying at the Wyndham Blake the next time opputunity arises.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Vee J, Director of Sales at Hotel Blake Chicago, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our location and friendly service during your stay. Your feedback is important to us in order to ensure that we maintain high quality service and accommodations for our guests. While we are currently in between restaurants, I would like to you know that we are very excited for opportunities in the near future. We value your feedback and look forward to your next stay.
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 18, 2013

We stayed for a week last October and the hotel was perfect for what we wanted to do and good value we thought. It was within walking distance of the majority of the sights which were top of our list in the south loop, such as the Art Institute of Chicago and just a short walk to the pick up point for the Chicago Architectural Foundation. Our room was comfortable and quiet and staff in reception were friendly and helpful. And there was a computer in the public area which guests could use foc. We'd stay again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience at the Wyndham Blake Chicago! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with our extensive amenities, friendly staff, and location within close proximity to attractions in Chicago. Be sure to “like” us on Facebook to learn about upcoming specials and promotions. Thank you again for sharing your stay. We hope to see you again soon!
PROVIDENCE
Reviewed January 17, 2013

I stayed here for one night because it was close to a friend's apartment in the south loop section of Chicago. I was able to take the subway, right from O'Hare airport, and get off 2 short blocks from the hotel.

Despite arriving early (about 10am) the very friendly woman at the desk checked me right in and i was sent up to my room on the 9th floor. Room looked very new with 2 queen beds (as requested) a nice flat screen tv and a beautiful marble bath with rainfall shower. The shower was really phenomenal!

The hotel no longer has a restaurant, but they do set-up a bar for cocktail service in the evenings. The doorman "Show Time" was also fabulous and had lots of "special deals" for local restaurants and nightlife, including Lou Manatti's (the famous pizza place) which has a location very close by. There are also many bars, restaurants, shops, pahramcies and nail/hair salons, in the immediate area, which is nice.

The only negative was that our room had no view... another building was right next door, but for the low AAA price i got online for the room, we didn't mind at all... All in all, a great stay! I will be back...

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Vee J, Director of Sales at Hotel Blake Chicago, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Wyndham Blake Chicago. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay due to our spacious rooms, friendly service, and location within close proximity to your friend in the South Loop. While we are currently in between restaurants, I would like to you know that we are very excited for opportunities in the near future. I am pleased to hear that you took advantage of Bar Blake during your stay. Be sure to “like” us on Facebook to learn about upcoming specials and promotions. Thank you again for your feedback. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Reviewed January 16, 2013

This hotel clearly is in an excellent location. The good: I found the staff to all be extremely friendly and helpful. The hotel is quite charming and doesn't have the 'chain' feel. The room was generally comfortable and the renovated bathroom was quite nice. The not so great: The Wyndham website shows that this property has a restaurant on-site, which I value when I have a late arrival. Not so -- it apparently closed, and hopefully will reopen. I was provided menus by the front desk to order in. The bed was not very comfortable. My biggest gripe: the stairs I had to climb with my bags to get to and from my room. The value was strong for the location, but when I travel, I much prefer a truly full service property.

Room Tip: Make certain when you check in that you don't allow them to give you a room where you have to cl...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Vee J, Director of Sales at Hotel Blake Chicago, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Thank you for sharing your review of the hotel. We are pleased to hear that our staff and rooms could be an enjoyable aspect of your stay. I do apologize for the issues you experienced during your stay. While we are currently in between restaurants, I would like to you know that we are very excited for opportunities in the near future. I am pleased to hear that our staff could provide alternative options in the interim. I would also like to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced taking your luggage up and down the stairs. Our building is made up of several different buildings beginning with the historic Morton Building in which there are two levels on a couple of the floors in the hotel. Our bellmen are more than happy to assist your with your luggage upon request. Thank you again for sharing your feedback. We value your business and hope you give us another chance to show you the best we have to offer.
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed January 13, 2013

This hotel is great! This hotel is centrally located and within walking distance of the metro and sights of Chicago.

The room was spacious, clean and well appointed with modern decor. The bathroom was clean and the shower, simply amazing, great water pressure. The bed was very comfortable and provided a great nights sleep. Did not have a great view from the room, facing a lane way, but that didn't matter.

As mentioned by other reviewers, the hotel does not have an onsite restaurant which limited the availability of in room food options, however there are a few restaurants within walking distance.

The staff at the hotel are very friendly and concierge was extremely knowledgeable about the area. Overall, this hotel offers a solid product at a great rate.

Would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank flyingroo
Vee J, Director of Sales at Hotel Blake Chicago, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience at the Wyndham Blake Chicago! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed a memorable stay at our hotel with our friendly staff, spacious rooms, comfortable beds, and location within close proximity to transportation and attractions in Chicago. On your next stay, be sure to request a room with a view to see some of the sights around the city. While we are currently in between restaurants, I would like to let you know that we are very excited for opportunities in the near future. I am pleased to hear that you were able to find restaurants in the area in the interim. We value your business and look forward to your next stay with us again in Chicago!
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Our stay at the Wyndham Blake was everything we could have wanted! The concierge was very friendly and helpful. He assisted us with our bags, gave us excellent directions, and offered great suggestions for meals and entertainment. We also were provided meal coupons and discounts at some Chicago attractions just by talking with the concierge. The hotel lobby and rooms are beautiful! We could not have been happier with our stay!

Room Tip: We stayed on the 10th floor. This offered a great view.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Vee J, Director of Sales at Hotel Blake Chicago, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Thank you for sharing your wonderful stay at the Wyndham Blake Chicago! I am pleased that you enjoyed an excellent experience at our hotel with our friendly staff that could go above and beyond to make your trip more enjoyable. Be sure to “like” us on Facebook to learn about upcoming specials and promotions. We value your business and look forward to your next stay soon.