“Showtime you are awesome” 5 of 5 bubbles

Hotel Blake Chicago
Ranked #34 of 185 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersBronze level
Melbourne Australia
“Showtime you are awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013 via mobile

Our first visit to Chicago very happy have had a great time
Excellent location walk or short cab ride
Lovely room very comfy bed
Very friendly helpful staff at front desk and Showtime so friendly and helpful at front door
Wi certainly recommend abc would stay again
Thanks
Geoff & Deb from Oz

• Stayed January 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Vee J, Director of Sales at Hotel Blake Chicago, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Thank you for sharing your stay at the Wyndham Blake Chicago. The staff and I are happy that we could be a memorable aspect of your first trip to Chicago! We are pleased that our friendly staff (especially Showtime), deluxe amenities, comfortable rooms, and location within close proximity to attractions made your stay more enjoyable. We value your business and look forward to seeing you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
  • Turkish first
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

ITS SHOWTIME! Walking into the lobby we were introduced to a very friendly bellhop named showtime. He helped my fiancee with her bags and gave us tips on the hot spots in the area and provided us with complimentary alcohol vouchers. Before leaving for a pub downtown we stopped to use them at the hotel bar. the hotel bar is located in the lobby and we ended up having such a great time with the bartender, showtime and even the manager behind the bar we ended up spending the night in the lobby. A great experience, and this is now my go to hotel when I'm Chicago.

Room Tip: Parking is $27
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for sharing your wonderful stay experience at the Wyndham Blake Chicago! I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed a memorable trip in Chicago at our hotel. I have passed your comments along to Showtime and he was glad that he could make your stay enjoyable. Be sure to “like” us on Facebook to learn about upcoming specials and promotions. Again, thank you for sharing your feedback. We look forward to your next stay with us again soon!
MARENGO
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

We stayed here for new years eve. I have no complaints for the room except for the window. On the window there were very noticeable oily handprints. We opened the curtains and were greeted with that, which was kind of gross. Aside from that, the room was very clean. The only other thing I was disappointed with was the lack of food. We wanted to just stay there for the night but we had to go out for food. The front desk clerk said the hotel didn't re up the lease. Any kind of dine-in food would have been great. Also lastly is the fact that the only ice machine was on top floor. Going up there was a pain, should really consider putting ice machines on every floor. Well enough of the bad. We loved the look of the room. The bath tub was great. The view was amazing. The staff was extremely friendly and all did a great job. Overall I will most likely come here again, but the food thing that would make me hesitate.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Vee J, Director of Sales at Hotel Blake Chicago, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Wyndham Blake Chicago. Your feedback is important to us in order to ensure that we maintain high quality service and accommodations for our guests. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel, and that our friendly staff could be a memorable aspect of your stay. I apologize for the inconveniences endured during your experience. At the Wyndham Blake Chicago, we strive to meet the needs of our guests. We are sorry that we could not meet your standards during your stay. You will be pleased to know that I have passed along your comment in regard to the issues of cleanliness in your room and it should no longer be a problem in the future. I understand the frustration you expressed about the lack of a hotel restaurant during your stay. While we are currently in between restaurants, we are very excited about new opportunities in the near future. Be sure to check with our front desk and bellmen on your next visit for suggestions of other restaurants in the area. Also, I know that it can be an inconvenience that the ice machine is located on the 12th floor, but we feel that it is the ideal location as to minimize the noise for our guests. On your next visit, I would suggest calling the front desk for assistance with ice. We value your feedback and hope that you give us another chance to show you the best we have to offer.
los angeles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

We were only in town for one night, room rate was great (appx 110), service with a smile, comfy and spacious room and walking distance to all that downtown Chitown has to offer.

I wish I had been told to book direct, I didn't get any points because we booked with a travel website.

I would recommend and would stay here again myself when in town again.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience at the Wyndham Blake Chicago! I am happy that you enjoyed a memorable stay with our competitive rates, accommodating staff, spacious rooms, and location within close proximity to attractions in Chicago. Be sure to "like" us on Facebook to learn about upcoming specials and promotions. We value your business and look forward to your next stay!
Northampton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

I stayed at the Wyndham Blake from Thursday 27th to Monday 31st December 2012 and I couldn't fault anything. The location was great being only a block away from metro lines and major bus routes. I got the train from O'Hare airport to La Salle station (2 minutes from hotel) for only $2.50!!!
Major bus routes from the hotel took you to Soldier Field, Navy Pier and Lincoln Park Zoo. If you didn't want to take the transport, you could walk to so many locations including the mile to the start of the 'Magnificent Mile' on Michigan Avenue for all the shops, but there was so many other shops to visit before even hitting the 'Magnificent Mile'
The hotel didn't have a restaurant, but there was two close by (sorry i can't remember the names), where you could go and eat and receive a 10% discount if you showed them your room card. Also the famous Gino's East (as seen on Man v Food) was right across the road serving up awesome pizzas.
The hotel was very clean, tidy and bright with maid service everyday. I had a big room with a lovely king size bed that was a dream to sleep in. Bathroom was a luxury size with two sinks and large glass fronted walk in shower. The large 32" (i think) Samsung tv was a great touch also. I really couldn't have been happier with this hotel and the service received from the front desk and bell boys was the friendliest i have experienced in a long time.

If anyone else would like more information or pictures, please feel free to contact me

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Vee J, Director of Sales at Hotel Blake Chicago, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience at the Wyndham Blake Chicago! I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed a memorable stay at our hotel with our spacious and clean rooms, friendly staff, deluxe accommodations, and locations within close proximity to transportation and restaurants in Chicago. The staff at the Wyndham Blake Chicago strives to meet the needs of our travelers, and we are thrilled that we could go above and beyond to make your experience exceptional. Be sure to "like" us on Facebook to learn about upcoming specials and promotions. We value your business and look forward to your next stay!