“Will go back again”

Hotel Blake Chicago
Ranked #33 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed October 3, 2012

I recently stayed at the Wyndham for a week-end seminar at Dearborn Station. I fell in love with Chicago, all over again by staying at this hotel in a wonderful little neighborhood, with tree-lined streets, book stores, cafés with outside tables, close enough to walk easily to museums and a 7-11 hidden on the corner. The room was very large, with the biggest windows I've ever had in a hotel room, overlooking the cityscape. Everyone, from the desk staff to the doormen, to the housekeepers were wonderful. This experience entices me to go back.

Room Tip: I liked my corner room overlooking the gargoyle lined library.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Vee J, Director of Sales at Hotel Blake Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2012

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience at the Wyndham Blake Chicago. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed all that we have to offer in Chicago! I have passed your comments along to our staff and they were happy to hear that they could make an impression during your stay. Be sure to “like” us on Facebook to learn about upcoming specials and promotions. Thanks again for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,013)

Reviewed October 2, 2012

This is great hotel in the Printer's Row section of Chicago, and its staffed by attentive and helpful people, dedicated to helping make your stay a great one. The service was wonderful overall. The neighborhood has everything you could need (places to eat, coffee, etc) and its access to the El, and the bus lines makes it easy to use the hotel as the hub for all your activities and explorations in Chicago. We stayed at the Hyatt at McCormick Place for the first part of our trip (business), but the Wyndham Blake was a much better room and overall experience.

Room Tip: Ask for Showtime, he will take good care of you. Rooms facing north, face the jail a couple of bloc...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Vee J, Director of Sales at Hotel Blake Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2012

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience at the Wyndham Blake Chicago. I am happy to hear that our accommodating staff and location in proximity to your activities and transportation could help make your stay memorable. Be sure to “like” us on Facebook to learn about upcoming specials and promotions. We look forward to your next stay with us again soon!

Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

Pleasant 2 night stay. Nice rooms, comfortable beds. Rooms include a safe, really appreciate that. Wifi available. Good location for getting around and visiting Chicago sites.

Shopping very walkable and nearby. Access to trains easy 2 block walk. Starbucks very close, just on the corner across the street. Would return.

• Stayed: September 2012
Vee J, Director of Sales at Hotel Blake Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2012

Thank you for sharing your excellent experience at the Wyndham Blake Chicago. I am glad to hear that our accommodations and location made your experience in Chicago memorable. Be sure to “like” us on Facebook to learn about upcoming specials and promotions. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed September 30, 2012

I had a 4 night stay this past August at the Wyndham Blake in Chicago, Ill. It was a great experience. Only a few blocks off of Michigan Ave. Very close walk to Millennium and Grant Parks, vey close walk to everything in down town, right near a train stop. The hotel is very clean and the rooms are spacious. Great over-all value and perfect location for business travelers having any meetings ion the downtown area. Lots and lots of good eating places nearby, with many types of food and choices. The conference room we used was very well set up for our purposes and there was plenty of room for everyone to work with their computers.

Room Tip: Great Location for anyone wanting to be downtown, Chicago
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Wyndham Blake Chicago. We are pleased to hear that convenient location downtown and spacious rooms could make your stay at our hotel more enjoyable. I am also pleased to hear that our function space accommodations made your meeting successful. Again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to your next stay with us in Chicago!

Reviewed September 29, 2012

There have been some negative reviews of the Wyndham Blake on this site; and, honestly, it is hard for me to imagine those people stayed at the same hotel as I. The room my husband and I stayed in was huge. The bathroom was about the roomiest I have experienced lately - especially loved all of the counter space and two lavatories. Everything was very clean, and the bed was extremely comfortable. The only negative I would mention was that it got too warm at night, even with the thermostat set low. The location was conveniently located about 1 1/2 blocks from a metro station (Harold Washington Library) with connections to several lines. We walked to the Birmingham Fountain at night as well as from the old Sears Building another night. There were homeless people around; but they were everywhere, even all down the Magnificent Mile. The first time I have seen women with their little children around them begging. Quite disturbing. We never felt threatened anywhere though. I must say, overall, Chicago is an amazing, super clean city; and the Wyndham Blake is a good base for exploring it.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank gafarmgirl623

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Wyndham Blake Chicago. Your feedback is important to us in order to ensure that we maintain high quality service and accommodations for our guests. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our spacious rooms, comfortable beds, and location in proximity to transportation and famous Chicago attractions. I apologize for the problem with the temperature in the rooms. I have passed your comments along to engineering and we are in the process of having the problem resolved. We value your feedback and look forward to your next stay with us again soon!

Reviewed September 29, 2012

A great place to stay on our first-ever visit to the wonderful city of Chicago. Comfortable, well-kept and superbly situated with everything either within walking distance or accessible by bus from right outside the hotel.
Guests arriving in the afternoon or evening will doubtless be greeted by the bell captain who's quite a character and a mine of information - a friendly, garrulous, wise-cracking guy (think Shrek's comical sidekick voiced by Eddie Murphy).
Just one detail keeps me from giving the room 5 stars - the lack of a mini bar to serve as a fridge. However, now we've got the hang of the ice-machine-on-the-landing routine it's no longer a major problem

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Wyndham Blake Chicago. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. The hotel has refrigerators upon request if you wish to use one on your next visit. Be sure to “like” us on Facebook to learn about upcoming specials and promotions. Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to your next stay with us in Chicago!

Reviewed September 28, 2012

Our stay at the Wyndham was absolutely incredible........The location was perfect, the staff was outstanding, in particular, the bellman "Showtime" and my favorite bartender "J Fox". It was my girlfriend's first time in Chicago and she said this was the best trip she had ever taken and the Wyndham had a lot to do with that. When I go back to Chicago this is where I will be staying. Great Hotel!!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience at the Wyndham Blake Chicago! I have passed your comments along to “Showtime” and “J Fox,” and they were thrilled to hear that they could be a memorable part of your trip. We are also happy to hear that we could be part of your girlfriend’s best trip that she has ever had! Be sure to “like” us on Facebook to learn about upcoming specials and promotions. Again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to your next stay with us again soon!