Hotel Blake Chicago
$275
$242
Hilton.com
  • Restaurant
La Quinta Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$199
$324
Agoda.com
$149
  • Fitness center
Hotel Versey - Days Inn Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$159
$144
The Talbott Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$279
$195
  • Restaurant
Hyatt Regency Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$416
Hotelpower.com
2,092 results
All reviewsprinter's rowmeli cafeprinters rowthe looptwo sinkswithin walking distancegrant parkcontinental breakfastblue linestreet noiseattached restaurantdoor manbrick wallsears towerbuckingham fountainroom was spaciousfront desk staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 3, 2007

Hotel Blake provided a beautiful, classy and cozy base for my 3day, inaugural visit to Chicago.
Initially, I had reserved a room at a hotel closer to Midway airport but decided to switch to the Blake because of its convenient position in Chicago's Loop. We were able to take the Orange Line El train from Midway to LaSalle station which was 2 blocks from the hotel! Now that is an affordable airport transfer ($2.00).
Staying at Blake was a wise decision. The room was absolutely immaculate. The bed was arguably the most comfortable I've experienced in my travels. The concierge was knowledgable and friendly. My companion and I were able to walk to all the restaurants and sites we had on our itinerary including: Shedd Aquarium, Chicago Institute, Sears Tower, Berghoff restaurant, Lake Michigan waterfront, Millenium Park, Magnificent Mile and Navy Pier.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a posh atmosphere, convenient location and safe neighborhood.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled with friends
1  Thank samjacki
Reviewed October 26, 2007

We stayed at the Hotel Blake for 4 nights and had a fantastic time, the staff were really friendly and helpful, the room was immaculate and the bed so, so comfy!
We were not aware of any street noise (as mentioned in previous reviews) and the hotel is in a great location.
Would recommend this hotel to any one!

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 19, 2007

Seven of us arrived at the Blake for a three day stay. Even though we confirmed reservations three days prior to our stay when we arrived they would not give us rooms. They indicated that they overbooked by thirty people!

The hotel they wanted to send us to was next to a landfill! They claimed it was only 20min from downtown Chicago.. maybe 20 min without traffic considerations!

The hotel manager would not come out of the office to talk to us.. and did not return any calls by our travel agent. We were promised rooms two days later and again they didn't have any.

While waiting they told us that everyone else who was to come in that day was also going to be refused a room... Ten minutes later a man came in and they registered him. When I questioned it, they told me it was difficult to explain..

I've traveled in my job for 20 years.. I've never been so inconvenience before.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank carusdeb
Reviewed October 18, 2007

We found this hotel when looking for 6 rooms while attending a conference. We were a little late booking, but they still had very favorable rates. I was very pleased with the service at the hotel as they accomodated both special packages arriving and special room requests without hesitation. It is within walking distance of everything you want to see in Chicago and it's easy to get to from the L. My only complaint was that the rooms needed a second light on the same side of the bed as the alarm clock. It was a little dark working at night with just the hall light and one bed side light. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed October 13, 2007

Outside the Hotel Blake is a sign saying that this is a historic building. That means it has a historic ventilation system. It was one of the first Hyatt hotels, and it shows. It also may be up for sale or condo conversion, and as a result, things are not being fixed or attended to.

Their website proclaims to be a boutique hotel, but really this hotel is a little below a Crowne Plaza. It has free wireless, but the desk in my room did not have a phone on it. The mattress was good, but the towels were thread bare. If you wanted a bathrobe, you had to call and ask for it. The sink didn't have a stopper. The shower has no bathtub and no door. The room smelled of smoke even though the hotel is supposedly non-smoking. in our 3 night stay, the towels and wastebaskets in the fitness center were not replaced/emptied. The doors are very lightweight, so people in the hallway can hear conversations in the room. Bathroom noise carries through the bathroom walls.

The first room they gave me was claustrophobic, maybe 200 sq ft with just enough room for a queen bed and a desk. When I complained, they gave me a room (513) at double the size but had smoke smell in the walls. Both rooms I tried had very small windows, so there was very little natural light. No frig, and ice is only on the 12th floor. Windows were single pane, so street noise came through loud and clear, early every morning. The fitness center equipment was broken or very old.

But back to the ventilation system... Heat and cold air comes from a central system. The room thermostat only turns on the fan to bring that air into the room. If the central system is running air conditioning, that's all your room will get.

And the day I got there, they said the hotel restaurant was no longer serving breakfast, just lunch and dinner.

So have I just described a boutique hotel? I think not...

Stayed: October 2007