“Very nice!”

Fairmont Chicago Millennium Park
Ranked #94 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 6, 2005

We had very nice 2-night stay over the 4th of July weekend. Our room was lovely--spacious and luxuriously decorated. The bathroom is one of those large marble types with separate sections for the shower, toilet and tub. Everything was clean and they let us check in early, which was very much appreciated. The Fairmont is in a great location for enjoying much of what Chicago has to offer. My only gripe with the hotel is that they don't have a pool or gym in the building--you have to use the Lake Shore Athletic Club, which is in the building next door. And you have to pay $20 per person if you want to do this! We didn't end up doing this--we were too busy anyway--but I think that if you're staying in this kind of a hotel, the gym should be more convenient & free!

• Stayed: July 2005
26  Thank new2bvi
Write a ReviewReviews (3,060)

Normal, Illinois
Reviewed June 27, 2005

We really enjoyed our stay at the Fairmont. Pefect location for us as we went up for the Taste of Chicago (Grant Park one block away). They lost our internet reservation, but immediately gave us the same rate and upgraded our room. We ended up with a king size bed overlooking Navy Pier from the 33rd floor. Everyone we encountered from the hotel was absolutely delightful. Room was nice, but a little dated. Nice bathroom with seperate bath and tub. Cheap taxi ride to most places in the city.
Only one major complaint. There were no coffepots in the rooms or complimentary coffee or breakfast in the morning. As coffee addicts, we had to go to the gift shop to get a frapucino instead of paying the 12 dollars for in room coffee delivery or the 2.5 dollars for a small cup in the lobby. It would have been perfect if we had complimentary coffee in the mornings. I would have to highly recommend this hotel to anyone going to Chicago.

• Stayed: June 2005
7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 7, 2005

I was not able to find a single flaw during my recent stay at the Fairmont. Check-in (Leonard - exceptionally pleasant) was a breeze. The lobby and public areas were beautiful. The bell staff almost fell over themselves wanting to be helpful, but not in the way that makes you want to shoo them away. My room was enormous, larger than some 1-bedroom flats I've been in. Plush with every amenity I could want. Bathroom was luxurious with both tub and large walk-in shower.
I splurged on room service, which came in only 15 minutes. Delicious, large portions, presented with live orchids. I made some special requests and everything came exactly as requested. It was on the expensive side, but it was top quality.
The bed, linens, and acres of pillows were wonderful.
I was offered take away coffee and bottled water while waiting all of about 3 minutes for the airport shuttle.
What an excellent hotel.

• Stayed: May 2005
9  Thank hwcii
Reviewed May 2, 2005

What A Hotel!!!!!
I arrived about 6pm and when i entered the lobby I was stunned by the pale marbles and decoration which gave it an air of elegance. Upon check in I was greeted with a smile and service was impecable. I was given a huge room on the 28th floo with magnificent views of lake Michigan and the lake area. Room was immaculate with a king size bed, parlor area and a huge bathroom. Not new but GORGEOUS. Turn down was heavenly with water in the nightstand and a tray on the bed with controls, room service menus and all you may need. The helath claub next to the hotel in accessible via the lobby and has a great pool, sauna and other areas. Overall, a great stay with excellent service. I will definitely return.

• Stayed: April 2005, traveled on business
13  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 26, 2005

A recent stay at The Farimont was most disappointing. It started at check-in with a room with stains on the carpet and waste baskets that had not been emptied when the room was cleaned. Then I noticed an open window that I could not close. Even maintenance had trouble getting it closed to 95%. After a couple of hours in the room, I understood why the window was open in the first place as the heat control in the room did not work. Even with the system "off" the thermostat registered a temp in the room of 78 degrees! Then no hot water for my shower in the morning. (No apologies from Guest Services.) On the second morning, a non-functioning toilet! In spite of 3 conversations with Guest Services, no one ever came to repair the toilet. Good thing I was checking out that day. Service in the lobby bar was very slow and drinks exorbitant in comparison with other Chciago hotels. With so many wonderful options for excellent hotels in Chicago I was most disappointed in what I had heard was one of the "best" hotels in the city. I wrote a letter to management about the "deficiences" and have not had the courtesy of a reply. On the positive side, it is a convenient location.

20  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Phoenix, AZ
Reviewed February 7, 2005

12  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 18, 2004

The Fairmont did a good job. Clean room, good linens, good service. We would go back.

• Stayed: November 2004