“Should be 5 star hotel”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Owensboro
“Should be 5 star hotel”
Reviewed July 10, 2014

Loved this hotel. Extremely quiet and clean. The bedding was extra comfortable. Perfect location, walking distance to the Magnificient Mile. The price was excellent as well for downtown Chicago. Would definitely return to this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

FairmontChicago, Manager at Fairmont Chicago Millennium Park, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Dear Paul S,
Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and the location ideal.

If your travels bring you back to the Windy City, I hope you will think Fairmont.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (583)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed July 10, 2014

The hotel staff (especially Chris at the front desk) were awesome! This was my first trip to Chicago, and as it was a business trip for a conference held at the hotel, I decided to stay there as well. SO glad I did! The location was outstanding, the room was BEYOND my expectations.
I definitely recommend it to anyone who is going to the Chicago area for any reason!

Room Tip: You DEFINITELY want higher floors, and LAKE VIEW!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
FairmontChicago, Manager at Fairmont Chicago Millennium Park, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Dear Sherry T,
Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor. I am delighted that the hotel exceeded your expectations and will share your warm feedback with Chris.

I am ecstatic that you enjoyed your first trip to Chicago and hope to welcome you back again soon.

Milan, Italy
Reviewed July 10, 2014

Definitely the best Hotel in Chicago. Excellent view, service and building. Rooms are just perfect and comfy, clean and safe. I would definitely come back to Fairmont hotel when I'll come back to Chicago. It the right place to stay

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

FairmontChicago, Manager at Fairmont Chicago Millennium Park, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Dear Edoardo G,
Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and had the opportunity to experience our legendary Fairmont service.

On behalf of Fairmont Hotels and Resorts, I hope to welcome you back to one of our properties soon.

Lafayette, Louisiana
Reviewed July 9, 2014

Conveniently located near Millennium Park in the heart of Chicago, this hotel has a way of making you lose your words from the dramatic front desk at check in, breathtaking views from each room of the Chicago skyline, and polite service that is unparalleled; guests like myself feel right at home.

Upon arriving to the hotel for the annual conference hosted by the American Institute of Architecture Students, my girlfriend and I were able to check-in to our hotel room early in the morning. We were personally escorted to our room and a bellhop assisted us with our luggage. Upon entering our room, we were pleasantly surprised to receive an upgrade to a view of the park beside the hotel tower on the east side. Our room was more delightful than we expected from looking online on the conference and hotel webpages. The service was even more exceptional. On New Years Eve our whole conference visited the Field Museum for an amazing farewell ball to the 2013 year.

If your organization or company is looking to host a conference, have guest speakers, multiple lectures/workshops at one time, tours of the city, and fly in visitors from across the United States and neighboring countries this hotel is the destination to host your retreat! We will definitely return to the Fairmont during the summer season so we may enjoy the city and Millennium Park without the winery weather!

Room Tip: - Rooms on the East side have a great view of a small park (not Millennium Park) but did not cost an...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear zachkunstman,
Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor and the glowing recommendation. It was a delight to host the AIA conference and the uncharacteristicly cold winter weather did make it a challenge for many of your fellow attendees. Chicago is in all her glory in the summer.

I hope you can come back and visit us soon.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed July 9, 2014

The hotel staff at the Fairmont took great care of me after I experienced a delay in receiving my luggage. The lobby is beautiful and the beds are comfy. I really enjoyed the room service as well (I ordered breakfast for dinner)!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Dear RDenise1980,
Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor. Although it sounds like your trip to Chicago started out a bit rocky, I am so glad that the Fairmont Team was able to make your stay comfortable and enjoyable.

If your travels bring you back to Chicago, I hope you will think Fairmont.

Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed July 8, 2014

We checked into the Fairmont Chicago on July 6 and checked out July 8. The July 4 weekend crowds were gone, the weather was great, and Chicago was at its stunning best. Our entire experience at the Fairmont was superb. Our lovely room had a great view looking towards the lake. We were lucky to have access to the Gold Lounge and it is impossible to say too much about it. Quiet, classy, with exceptional service. Jackie and Spencer were unfailingly helpful, especially because we arrived in Chicago with no tourist agenda and didn't know where to go or what to do. The staff provided us with great suggestions and helped us find our way to The Art Institute, the Field Museum (within walking distance), as well as how to negotiate the train to visit family. I hope we are fortunate enough to stay at the Fairmont again. I will certainly make th e effort to do so.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Hayes M,
Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and will share your praise with Jackie and Spencer. Our Fairmont Gold colleagues are truly an asset.

I hope to welcome you back to the Fairmont soon.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed July 7, 2014

My wife came with me to a business meeting and we stay in the very reasonable upgrade to an "OMG" suite. Lovely seating area with desk and a table and chair overlooking the lake.

Beds were so nice and bathroom is a palace. Room service flawless and prompt. Housekeepers attentive.

Nice workout room. Dinner in restaurant was great.

And it was Valentine's Day. Oh yes we had fun also.

Room Tip: Ask for the upgrade. I think it was like $59
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear glmorrisiii,
Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor. I am delighted that you enjoyed your getway to chicago and were able to mix a little pleasure in with your wife's business trip.

We would love to be a part of your Valentine's Day in the future.