“Peaceful Sleep in the Windy City”

Fairmont Chicago Millennium Park
Ranked #89 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Last week I spent 3 nightS in a private club in the Loop area and endured miserable sleepless nights - due to the wind whistling around the building. I thought there were fire engines blarring all night long. so we moved to the Fairmont. What a relief! On a floor (in the teens) looking south over Millenium Park AND East toward the lake ! It was so quiet and peaceful! The faraway lights of the city were enought for our middle of the night getting up. But the bed was heavenly.. amazingly comfortable; and the fluffy duvet was light enough to let our body warmth care for us - not like at the club where we were weighted down by a heavy duvet. Car rental and pharmacy within walking distance. Creative room service menu!

Room Tip: Views to the South and East are bright with early morning light! They eliminate the feel of close-in...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank SVLocal

Reviewed January 23, 2013

This hotel prides itself in first class service. Everyone I encountered during my stay from the front door to managers to housekeeping were all very kind and considerate. The friendly atmosphere here is great for business or pleasure and the hotel offers anything you would need while traveling for either. The rooms, spa, restaurant and meeting spaces are a must see and do.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor with a view - rooms are very nice! Join the President's Club - worth the f...
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This past summer, I travelled to Chicago with my grandparents for our fist time there. We decided to stay at the Fairmont because it was close to the Magnificent Mile, but was far enough away to avoid traffic and congestion.

Upon arrival to the hotel we were very happy with the building and surrounding area; we were close to a park, architectural buildings and a 2 minute walk from Millennium park. This made for a great base location especially when doing tours (which picked you up over by the park).

The staff were very friendly and welcoming when we checked in, even giving us complimentary access to the Gold Lounge (considering we had booked a suite). When we got up the room, we were even happier; size did show through with this 700+ sqf room with a living room, dining area/wet bar, large bedroom and a well sized dressing and washroom area.

Overall we had a great time at the hotel with the friendly staff, great location and even better with the big rooms! And for anyone staying in a larger room, there is a grocery store behind the Blue Cross building that sell gourmet food if you want to have a night in and make use of the dining area! ! ! (Mariano's)

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Jake W
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Great rooms, great view and a very nice hotel overall. Parking is $58 per night and the layout is a little confusing. This is a fairly large conference hotel, and you can be overrun with conference attendees.

Room Tip: Rooms on the east side have a great view of the park and lake.
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Great location if you are around the Magnificent Mile/loop area. The hotel was very clean and the room was spacious. Hotel staff were accomodating with my requests for early check-in and late check-out.

Room Tip: Didn't use pool or spa, but I imagine they were fine.
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Spent a long weekend on the gold level. Check in on that floor was great, people all were gracious and helpful. Only complaint were the requested foam pillows, which were a bit hard and lumpy.

Maid service, valet and concierge were all helpful.

Would stay there again.

Room Tip: Gold level rooms are are great bargain, as food in the lounge is included.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 18, 2013

I stayed at this hotel when traveling on business this week. The location was very good as I was attending a conference at Millennium Center and I could easily catch a shuttle each day with a quick walk to the Hyatt. It was also a quick walk to restaurants and there is a CVS across the street. The room was very comfortable and the service was excellent. I never saw an employee without a smile on their face and although I would expect excellent service from a Fairmont, I have rarely had my expectations exceeded as I did on this trip. I had room service for breakfast and most dinners and although it was pricey, that was to be expected. The food was delivered quickly and special requests were not a problem. The room was extremely clean and had a great view from the windows in the evening. Although others complained about the coffee maker, I found it quite easily, under a cabinet and it was easy to use, without any training. I loved the bath products and the shower. I slept well each night in the comfy bed. I would definitely stay again, either on business or pleasure.