“Very impressed”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Phoenix, Az
“Very impressed”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

I stayed at this hotel when traveling on business this week. The location was very good as I was attending a conference at Millennium Center and I could easily catch a shuttle each day with a quick walk to the Hyatt. It was also a quick walk to restaurants and there is a CVS across the street. The room was very comfortable and the service was excellent. I never saw an employee without a smile on their face and although I would expect excellent service from a Fairmont, I have rarely had my expectations exceeded as I did on this trip. I had room service for breakfast and most dinners and although it was pricey, that was to be expected. The food was delivered quickly and special requests were not a problem. The room was extremely clean and had a great view from the windows in the evening. Although others complained about the coffee maker, I found it quite easily, under a cabinet and it was easy to use, without any training. I loved the bath products and the shower. I slept well each night in the comfy bed. I would definitely stay again, either on business or pleasure.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (589)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Spectacular views from the suites in this gorgeous hotel. Superb service. Wonderful amenities and prime location. I cannot say enough about this hotel. A jewel in the crown of the Fairmont brand. Walking distance to shops, restaurants and the millenium mile. About 30 minutes from midway airport.

Room Tip: 16th floor suite
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Houston, Texas, United States
Reviewed January 15, 2013

I stayed at the Fairmont during a business trip last week. Overall, a very nice hotel in a great location. The beds were extremely comfortable, the elevators were fast, and check in was pleasant and quick. The lobby is very nice and service was great. A few things that I didn't like were that they have no in-room coffee maker (a Starbuck's is attached to the lower level tunnel system) and they did not have a great place to put clothes that were not hung in the closet. Overall, a nice stay.

Room Tip: Get a room overlooking the lake.
1 Thank Ken G
FairmontChicago, Manager at Fairmont Chicago Millennium Park, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Thank you review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and value your comments.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Fairmont Chicago, Millennium Park
Philadelphia
Reviewed January 9, 2013

This is my most favorite hotel in Chicago - it is located close to the main attractions, it is well maintained with excellent services and nice rooms. Several good restaurants at a reasonable distance. The view from the windows is nice. The staff is knowledgeable and courteous. If you do not want to pay exorbitant fees fro every meal there is a convenient store across the street.

I came for a business meeting and for a visit at the Chicago Institute of Art and was very satisfied with the atmosphere and amenities at the hotel.

Room Tip: Unless you need high speed Internet for video avoid the top-end Wi Fi option suggested by the hotel.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
FairmontChicago, Manager at Fairmont Chicago Millennium Park, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post on TripAdvisor. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Fairmont Chicago, Millennium Park
Madison, Wis
Reviewed January 6, 2013

This was our second stay on the Gold level of the Fairmont Chicago and I can't wait to return. Ryan, one of the gold level concierges, emailed me in advance of our visit to see if we had any special requests and told us we could check in directly in the lounge. I asked for, and received, a king corner room. These are larger and better layer out than the standard king.

When we arrived, which was late morning, Ryan met us in the lounge and had our keys and the room ready for us. What a nice surprise to be able to get into the room early and grab a quick drink before heading out. The room was well appointed and had a great king bed. In lieu of a roll away, we ask Ryan to have housekeeping make the couch up for our son at tour down, which worked perfectly. In fact, all the staff at the hotel were wonderful, saying hello, singing me happy birthday and greeting our son.

We love the location, which is a easy walk to everything we planned to do including the Christmas Market, Art Museum, and shopping.

Finally, I can't say enough great things about the food in both the hotel and especially the gold lounge. We had excellent sushi, meats, cheeses, fresh fruit, hot dished and drinks. This makes the gold level worth the money alone, but then add in the great staff and wonderful lounge space and the small upgrade fee is well worth it.

I disagree with other reviewers that say this Fairmont isn't up to their standards. Every staff member we met was great - friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are worth asking for. They offer more space and a better layout with big windows.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Loved my visit! I joined my husband on a business trip in early December and we stayed in a suite on the 33rd floor. The view was spectacular facing the park. Our room had lots of space, was comfortable and soothing. Bathroom, big and spacious. We were close to the Theatre district and found walking to and from the transit was easy and pleasant despite the cold. The room service was quick and food was just fine. I had a sandwich, nothing challenging. The wine bar downstairs was a great stop for a good beer and platter of cheeses and olives. Service was terrific. We would love to go back.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed January 5, 2013

I stayed at the Fairmont Chicago Millennium Park for a business trip in early November 2012. This hotel was excellent for my needs - great location for the meetings and events I needed to attend. I had a large and comfortable room. The beds were very comfortable, bathroom was large, and the room had a walk-in closet. The room had a beautiful view with large windows. My only criticism of the room was there was no dresser drawers for putting clothes into (for items such as socks and underwear etc) - only a walk-in closet. I am a member of the Fairmont President's Club so my Wi-Fi access was at no charge. Otherwise, Wi-Fi access in room is available at a per day rate.

Concierge was excellent. They were responsive and knowledgeable. They gave very precise, accurate information in getting around Chicago. I ate dinner in the hotel only one time - in the Japanese restaurant. The food and service were very good so I recommend it.

Overall, this is a solid hotel for a business trip to Chicago with a great location in downtown Chicago.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business