“Beautiful accomodations and staff makes every effort to serve you!”

Fairmont Chicago Millennium Park
Ranked #90 of 191 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We had a wonderful room with a view of the Lake. Staff was friendly and helpful. We used in-room dining and service was fast & friendly, food was delicious. The location is perfect for downtown activities! Less than $10 cab ride to Navy Pier. Cannot wait to stay there again!

• Stayed: October 2012
There are newer reviews for Fairmont Chicago Millennium Park

Reviewed October 27, 2012

Not really impressed. I think there are better hotels in the area for similar cost. It was ok, clean rooms, room service food was mediocre. When I called, the girl who answered the phoned asked if there was a time consume...asked what she meant, she said "you know, like a time consoomption on your food cause there are other people who do have consoomptions so we have to get like them their food first" CRINGING!!! Someone please train that girl. I think she meant time constraint. Told me it would be 40 minutes...and my quesadilla arrived an hour abd twenty minutes later. In room dinning, so worth it.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

I had never stayed at the Fairmont before but I definitely will stay there again! It was a beautiful hotel and loved my room. I was very impressed and very happy! My only issue was the cost versus what you get for breakfast room service. The staff was great but amount of food for price $$$ was crazy. I won't order room service for any reason. Overall one of the best hotels I have stayed!

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Really love this hotel for many reasons. The location to Michigan avenue if great, the Gold Lounge is very nice with a great breakfast, the rooms are well appointed and roomy and the staff was very accomodating. I also rented the Grant Park Suite for business meetings and the suite was incredible. Have stayed here twice and will be back next time I'm in Chicago!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Overall my stay was a pleasant stay but I would also like to echo some of the comments by other reviewers.

Check-in was smooth and friendly. We were able to check in at noon for our room with two double beds on the 6th floor. It was quite spacious, clean and had a giant and bathroom. I did not find noise a problem. I did notice that the furniture was dated (i.e. TV cabinet, night table, no dresser as mentioned in other reviews) but the bed was very comfortable. One major thing lacking was a clock, and I had expected an ipod docking station as described on the website. However, since we all had ipods (thus alarm clocks with us) and had no need for the dock really, we did not bother to complain. However, I do find it to be a major oversight, espcially given that it is advertised on the hotel website. Housekeeping was attentive though and the next day we found an old-style desk clock (the one where you have to wind a second knob to set the alarm) in the room. The other major issue was the complimentary access to a car for President Club members which was advertised in the hotel elevator. Every time we inquired to use the car, the driver was unavailable. We asked at various times in the day - morning, afternoon, evening for dinner - and never had the opportunity to use it during our 4 day stay. The concierge did say it was a new service they had and only 1 driver, but he always seemed busy or off work....strange.

The location was perfect for us - it was walking distance to many places for us - but we're young and like walking!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Decided to take my 8yr old to her first trip to Chicago. Looking for a reasonable rate on hotel and found Fairmont, Millennium Park. We could not have been happier with the location. We took the South Shore train in from Dune Park and the Fairmont was only a short walk (5 mins ... 1/4 mile) from the station. Found the hotel to be very nice. Easy check-in and also allowed us to check in early at 10:45 am (it was a Friday morning). Front desk courteous and knowledgeable. Great Bell man who was up on his nearest Starbucks! Room was very clean and large bathroom with separate tub and shower. 3 large mirrors to get ready (good when you have a room full of women) Beautiful view of city and partial view of the water. Right around the corner from Millennium Park and an easy walk to Michigan Avenue. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Check all options before booking. I found a great rate on Travelzoo. However, ended up calling the h...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 21, 2012

We have stayed in quite a few Fairmont properties over the years, but yet had never stayed in the Fairmont basically in our back yard - Chicago. We live 1 hrs drive to downtown, and decided to spend a weekend in downtown Chicago, so the Fairmont Millennium Park was something we looked forward to based on location, and our past experiences with being Gold Members.

We drove to the hotel, and pre-booked the valet parking to avoid the hassle of locating a parking garage. The valet parking area located on lower Columbus Dr is awful, and I found few attendants to monitor my car and luggage, so I stuck around and waited for the valet/bellman to safely secure my luggage and vehicle. I did not get a real warm and fuzzy feeling regarding the bell service what so ever. Once inside the hotel we found it was nice, but of course this is not a Fairmont built with any historic value, and so it looks like the run of the mill hotels. We were greeted nicely by the front desk, and on our way to our room promptly. The room was okay, again nothing to rave about.

Once settled in we found the Gold floor and the presidents club, but this was not like other Fairmont's we had visited. The presentation of the food and drinks were poor, and since the alcohol is not free, we are used to the "honors" system at all the other Fairmont's to be nice. In this case there was a very pushy attendant that hawked over everyone that it was uncomfortable to even look at what selections were available. We had just return from one of the best stays at the Fairmont in Quebec City, and as soon as I reached my seat to join my wife, she said what was on my mind - "this is NOT like the other Fairmont's we stayed in before". Likewise, the following morning when we simply wanted a cup of coffee and a snack, we found cramped quarters, and poor coffee. Unfortunately, our in room coffee maker didn't work either, so thank god for Starbucks down the street.

The highlight in this case is the location, great spot in downtown Chicago. Also, the sushi bar in the hotel is very good, as is the wine bar in the main lobby. We found the staff at the wine bar to be well versed, and attentive. Our room was clean, quiet, and had a comfortable bed.

The trip ended as it began, when we asked for a 2 hour delay to the 12:00 checkout, we were told they did not have that option, but they could hold our luggage with the bellman off the lobby. When we arrived at the bell desk, there was luggage all over the place, again poorly tended, and the poor bellman was running his butt off to keep things in order. Once we returned back to the hotel after a short shopping trip, I had the valet bring my car around, only to find that they had my black BMW (freshly washed the day earlier) had been parked somewhere that water was dripping on it from above - and it hadn't rained that night. For the price of the valet service, that should not have happened.

Overall, I would not recommend this hotel if you are staying downtown Chicago, there are better offerings for this price point. I initially thought because this was a Fairmont in the US, that it might be difference from the hotels we have stayed at in Canada, but then we both remembered that we have had fantastic stays in New Orleans, and San Francisco in the past. This is not to the standard we now to be a Fairmont property.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple