Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
AdventuresTraveler
New York City, New York

Fairmont Chicago Great Hotel & Location

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Sep 1, 2011
I went to Chicago for the Half Marathon and booked this hotel becuase it was close to the start and finish line. I didn't have much expectations but I was pleasntly surprised with the hotel, I really enjoyed my stay. I would go back in a heart beat, excellent service, good restaurant, great location and spectacularly clean. The standard room was a pretty good sized room for a big city hotel and the bed was phenomenal. I can't figure out why this hotel is ranked at #62 on TA. It really deserves to be on the top 10.
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
  • SpringHill Suites
12.7 miles from Fairmont Chicago Millennium Park
View more hotels in Chicago
4,217 results
All reviews gold lounge millennium park gold level navy pier michigan avenue art institute an upgrade the magnificent mile the loop corner room concierge conference cvs downtown valet
Selected filters
Reviewed September 1, 2011

This property is nice. It isn't the newest hotel on the block but it has a nice, mature, well-established, and well-run feel. The bathrooms are the best feature: separate shower and tub, toilet in a separate WC area, very large, very comfortable and spa-like.

The cleaning service in the rooms could be a bit more detail-oriented: there were dried water rings on the table and desk of my room, which indicated to me that the surfaces weren't being wiped down. This is kind of gross, but since I wasn't eating in my room it didn't bother me too much. Overall it is a decent stay, and I would stay there again.

Also, the front desk staff was very helpful in telling me that I could avoid a wi-fi charge if I joined their loyalty program. I did this, called the front desk, and they took the charges off my bill.

Room tip: Join the Fairmont loyalty program: It gives you free wi-fi
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed August 31, 2011

For many this hotel may be a little out of the way. I prefer being out of the crazy part of any city but the Fairmont is still close enough to walk to Millennium Park, Navy Pier the Financial District as well as a variety of restaurants. Getting deep into the downtown area was a quick 6 dollar cab ride or a 10-15 minute walk. The view from my room was wonderful, I could see the lake from the 37th floor and overlooked a meticulously groomed park, located between beautiful luxury high rise condos. The room was very clean and well decorated. The bathroom was big. The attention to detail, provided by the staff was top notch, I received 5 star service! The restaurant was good, there are many other restaurants that are better in the area but once again the service made eating in the hotel a very nice experience. Compared to most hotels the in room coffee was good and there was plenty, they provided a variety of tea as well. It seemed if I ran out of coffee, if I just walked out of the room and came back the coffee was replenished and the room was tidied up for me. Every day around 5pm, I was visited by the staff that offered me water and ice. The bed was extremely comfortable! The only downfall is the lack of a pool to cool down with on hot summer days.

I was on business, it was my birthday, the staff brought a wonderful cupcake that was beautifully decorated with chocolate drizzle and fresh berries, around the rim of the plate the chocolate drizzle spelled “Happy Birthday”, it was a wonderful small gift from the hotel.

The valet staff was very helpful, kind and pleasant to talk with.

Many hotels are stuffy and overly arrogant, I found this to be a comfortable stay that was more like being home. I would definitely stay at the Fairmont again and would recommend it to anyone that would prefer to stay in a mature hotel full of helpful staff.

I have stayed in hotels from Beijing to NY, this was one of my favorite hotel visits.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed August 30, 2011

Fairmont Chicago is beautiful, clean and in a great location. It is very close to Millenium Park and to Michigan Avenue. Navy Pier is also walking distance. The hotel itself has been recently updated, although it still has a charm that beckons to the past. We had a room that gave us views of the lake and the weekly fireworks. The staff was very professional and unobtrusive. I love this hotel and Chicago and will go back any chance that I get.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank fifioh
Reviewed August 29, 2011

We were very happy with our room. Good size, nicely furnished and with a nice view over the lake. Bed was very comfortable and the Nespresso machines in the room are a nice touch - although one day the caps were not refilled and we had to phone down and ask that some be left in the room. It's a shame there is no pool on the property, it would be nice to go for a swim after a long day of walking in the heat. (Apparently there is a pool in an adjacent sports club that you can pay $10 to go to...no thanks). Staff overall were friendly and helpful without being pretentious, although the guy on check out was a bit too chatty/buddy/casual. Only other issue was a big nasty stain (coffee?) on the robe, which shouldn't be left in a room in that condition. Overall a nice stay and would stay here again when in Chicago.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 26, 2011

My main message is two days without hot water in the sink. One day I can forget, but not 2. Otherwise the room was nice, with a good view of the lake. The room wad loud. That can be the luck of the draw, but a better hotel offers better noise insulation. The location of the elevators is odd and poorly marked. I'm not a fan of the constant drum beat music in public areas, but some people think that's cool.