“Do not stay here, find a better hotel!”

Holiday Inn Chicago - Midway Airport
Ranked #120 of 190 Hotels in Chicago
Joliet, Illinois
“Do not stay here, find a better hotel!”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

I arrived to find 4 -10"x10" pillows for a king sized bed. 2 per person.... If you rolled over your head fell off the pillow. Which rolling over had to be done when both my wife and I were awoken because of the following reasons. 1. Staff knocked on the bottom of the door sliding the receipt into the room. 2. Staff was dropping newspapers outside of the rooms (multiple loud thuds). Hotel bar was overpriced and food was ok at best (if you stay here walk to TGI Fridays). I needed to leave for the airport at 4am. When I checked in I was told the bus comes every 20 minutes, but at that time they could call at it would come right over. We arrived in the lobby at 4 am, no bus. Asked the lady at the front desk if she could kindly call the bus, "sorry we do not call the bus, you have to wait till 4:20." I explained what I was previously told and she replied with "no one would say that." So we waited for the bus, when it arrived I asked the driver if they could have called. The driver responded with "apsolutly!" Thank you holiday inn for a overpriced beer, served with a large amount of head. The food from the freezer section was exquisite. Your throw pillow really made sleeping uncomfortable. And above all thank you for wakening us up twice in the middle of the night. It would be great if you could coordinated that with times people actually need to be up. I will never stay at a holiday inn again!

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank Mffire
HolidayInnMidway1, Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago - Midway Airport, responded to this review, November 10, 2013
Dear mffire,

First and foremost I would like to personally apologize for the experience that you encountered during your stay with us. The lapses in execution that you have described are utterly unacceptable, and I can assure you that this is by no means the norm at our property. I will be looking into the misinformation you received from our team regarding the shuttle, as well as the noise you encountered while the staff was delivering your receipt/ newspaper.

I know from personal experience how important a good pillow is for rest and I would like to thank you for voicing your opinion on the pillow quality. We are in the process of ordering new pillows as the Holiday Inn Brand has changed their pillow standard for 2014 and we will use your feedback in this purchasing process.

Here at the Holiday Inn Chicago Midway we strive for perfection as well as 100% guest satisfaction, and it is clear that your encounter was anything but the above. I know that in any industry there is room for error, but I want to let you know that when any guest's experience with us is short of excellent I will personally ensure you are taken care of and compensated accordingly. Because this survey does not have your contact information, I would like to provide you with the phone number here at the hotel. Please contact me at your convenience so that we can further discuss the shortcomings you experienced as I would like to ensure you are taken care of for this unacceptalbe stay.

Thank you again for bringing these issues to my attention, and I look forward to speaking with you soon.

708-563-6490

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed October 14, 2013

A short drive into downtown - quality, clean and comfortable place to stay. You'd think with its proximity to the airport that it would be noisy but NOPE. Didn't hear one plane.
We checked in around 3pm and the young lady (I believe Chantel was her name) at the front desk was very helpful. Given the pressure for daylight, she suggested some great places for sites including the Buckingham fountain and 'The Bean' - picture perfect just as the downtown lights were coming on.

Highlights - extremely friendly folks, from the front desk to the cleaning staff- they made it a point to smile and ask about our stay. Free and ample parking. Close to midway and rental return. Microwave and fridge in the room - great for us eaters!

The only negative- the small pillows.

Side note- although we did not dine there, the sports bar seemed to be popular with all the football games on and food specials.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
HolidayInnMidway1, Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago - Midway Airport, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear Leecee13,

I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Holiday Inn Chicago Midway! I would also like to thank you for taking to the time to mention Chantell's service, I will be sure to personally recognize her for her performance! I can not tell you how much we appreciate your business, and we look forward to seeing you again in the future when you travel plans call for Chicago!

Reviewed October 13, 2013

wonderful location. shuttle takes you to the airport to take the orange line downtown. it takes around 30 min from hotel to get downtown. We drove all the way from Oklahoma and got in at six am.The staff was friendly and let us check in early. to top off on our experience, housekeeping left us a note wishing us a wonderful day. absolutely heartwarming stay.

• Stayed October 2013
Dear Jimmy L,

I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Holiday Inn Chicago Midway! I can not tell you how much we appreciate your business, and we look forward to seeing you again in the future when you travel plans call for Chicago!

Miami
Reviewed October 10, 2013

We had to make a last minute reservation here when we missed a flight at Chicago Midway airport due to heavy traffic. There are four Holiday Inn/Holiday Inn Express hotels around the airport so make sure you go to the right one (note: in fact I accidentally wrote a Trip Advisor review for the Holiday Inn Express next door by mistake before the manager advised me of such and now I can write my review here for the correct hotel instead!) Our hotel was very well located and had very nice check in staff and a lovely fresh smell in reception. The rooms were very comfortable with a choice of firm or soft pillows and all the modern amenities you would expect from a hotel. Unlike the Holiday Inn Express hotels, free breakfast is not provided, they do have a restaurant in the hotel that opens early to provide breakfast though if you have an early flight like we did. They also have an airport shuttle but we did not use it as we had a rental car. Very clean and very nice staff.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear mwooduk,

San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Was here for one night on business. The only reason I did not give a 5 was because I did not experience breakfast and the transport vehicle will need to be replaced soon. Personal, atmosphere, comfort, safety all EXCELLENT! I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank RevBiggs
Dear BigRevB,

I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Holiday Inn Chicago Midway! I would also like to thank you for your feedback regarding our shuttle, I have forwarded your comments to our shuttle supervisor so that we can examine our fleet! I can not tell you how much we appreciate your business, and we look forward to seeing you again in the future when you travel plans call for Chicago!

Leawood, Kansas
Reviewed August 25, 2013

We drove to chicago and to save money decided to stay out at midway and take the L into town, as parking is complimentary (can't get that downtown). HI did not disappoint! Super helpful and friendly service, great location (all hotels at midway are in a gated locale together) and a pretty good restaurant. The airport shuttle runs every 20 mins, and it takes about 10 mins to get to the airport. From there the orange line takes 25 mins to get to the CBOT stop on the loop. Easy and cheap!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MoHog
Dear MoHog,

I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Holiday Inn Chicago Midway, and that you found our proximity to public transportation to downtown easy and economical I can not tell you how much we appreciate your business, and we look forward to seeing you again in the future when you travel plans call for Chicago!

Melbourne, Florida
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Nothing false here! The hotel seemed fresh and well maintained. Once I closed the room door it could have been a Hil**n. I needed a good night's sleep for an early flight and that's what I got. Sports' grill on site and Friday's an easy walk away. Would stay again, good job.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Mdep,

Holiday Inn Chicago Midway Airport
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chicago
Holiday Inn Express Chicago-Midway Airport
Hyatt Place Chicago Midway Airport
Courtyard Chicago Midway Airport
Hampton Inn Chicago-Midway Airport
Chicago Marriott Midway
Chicago Marriott Midway
#114 of 190 in Chicago
Hilton Garden Inn Chicago Midway Airport

Been to Holiday Inn Chicago - Midway Airport? Share your experiences!