“heartwarming place with friendly people”

Holiday Inn Chicago - Midway Airport
Ranked #119 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed October 13, 2013

wonderful location. shuttle takes you to the airport to take the orange line downtown. it takes around 30 min from hotel to get downtown. We drove all the way from Oklahoma and got in at six am.The staff was friendly and let us check in early. to top off on our experience, housekeeping left us a note wishing us a wonderful day. absolutely heartwarming stay.

• Stayed: October 2013
HolidayInnMidway1, Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago - Midway Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Dear Jimmy L,

I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Holiday Inn Chicago Midway! I can not tell you how much we appreciate your business, and we look forward to seeing you again in the future when you travel plans call for Chicago!

Reviewed October 10, 2013

We had to make a last minute reservation here when we missed a flight at Chicago Midway airport due to heavy traffic. There are four Holiday Inn/Holiday Inn Express hotels around the airport so make sure you go to the right one (note: in fact I accidentally wrote a Trip Advisor review for the Holiday Inn Express next door by mistake before the manager advised me of such and now I can write my review here for the correct hotel instead!) Our hotel was very well located and had very nice check in staff and a lovely fresh smell in reception. The rooms were very comfortable with a choice of firm or soft pillows and all the modern amenities you would expect from a hotel. Unlike the Holiday Inn Express hotels, free breakfast is not provided, they do have a restaurant in the hotel that opens early to provide breakfast though if you have an early flight like we did. They also have an airport shuttle but we did not use it as we had a rental car. Very clean and very nice staff.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Dear mwooduk,

Reviewed September 18, 2013

Was here for one night on business. The only reason I did not give a 5 was because I did not experience breakfast and the transport vehicle will need to be replaced soon. Personal, atmosphere, comfort, safety all EXCELLENT! I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank RevBiggs

Dear BigRevB,

I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Holiday Inn Chicago Midway! I would also like to thank you for your feedback regarding our shuttle, I have forwarded your comments to our shuttle supervisor so that we can examine our fleet! I can not tell you how much we appreciate your business, and we look forward to seeing you again in the future when you travel plans call for Chicago!

Reviewed August 25, 2013

We drove to chicago and to save money decided to stay out at midway and take the L into town, as parking is complimentary (can't get that downtown). HI did not disappoint! Super helpful and friendly service, great location (all hotels at midway are in a gated locale together) and a pretty good restaurant. The airport shuttle runs every 20 mins, and it takes about 10 mins to get to the airport. From there the orange line takes 25 mins to get to the CBOT stop on the loop. Easy and cheap!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MoHog

Dear MoHog,

I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Holiday Inn Chicago Midway, and that you found our proximity to public transportation to downtown easy and economical I can not tell you how much we appreciate your business, and we look forward to seeing you again in the future when you travel plans call for Chicago!

Reviewed August 23, 2013

Nothing false here! The hotel seemed fresh and well maintained. Once I closed the room door it could have been a Hil**n. I needed a good night's sleep for an early flight and that's what I got. Sports' grill on site and Friday's an easy walk away. Would stay again, good job.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Dear Mdep,

Reviewed August 5, 2013

This was a great place to stay - we used their park, sleep and fly program to leave our cars there for the week we were gone and the shuttle service was wonderful and prompt. We got a little confused having a Holiday Inn Express and a Holiday Inn in the same area, but after a quick stop at the wrong place, we easily found this hotel. Rooms were clean and rates were reasonable. I would recommend this hotel. Kids liked the pool and ping pong area. We used business center to print boarding passes for flights and found it very easy. Staff was also very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Dear Mike R,

I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Holiday Inn Chicago Midway, and that you found the park sleep and fly package to be economical and efficient! I can not tell you how much we appreciate your business, and we look forward to seeing you again in the future when you travel plans call for Chicago!

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Had dinner upon our arrival to the hotel. Excellent choices ...would recommend the adult grilled cheese for kids and the Club with waffle fries is more than enough for one. The Southwest salad was filled with greens and fresh vegetables. Why go off property for dinner when this is at your front door?

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Dear Tim D,

I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience at Coaches Sports Bar and Grille! I can not tell you how much we appreciate your business, and we look forward to seeing you again in the future when you travel plans call for Chicago!

P.S. The adult grilled cheese is one of my favorites as well!

Holiday Inn Chicago Midway Airport

Also consider these accommodations in or near Chicago
Holiday Inn Express Chicago-Midway Airport
Hyatt Place Chicago Midway Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Chicago Midway Airport
Hampton Inn Chicago-Midway Airport
Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Midway Airport
Chicago Marriott Midway
Chicago Marriott Midway
#120 of 192 in Chicago

Been to Holiday Inn Chicago - Midway Airport? Share your experiences!