“Nice Hotel-20 minutes to downtown”

Holiday Inn Chicago - Midway Airport
Ranked #122 of 188 Hotels in Chicago
Desloge, Missouri
“Nice Hotel-20 minutes to downtown”
Reviewed June 20, 2011

We stayed here as part of a volleyball tournament for my daughter. The tournament was down on the Navy Pier. I did not know the Chicago area and might stay closer to downtown if we had to do it again. But the motel was clean, pretty new and comfortable. Beds were great. The rooms space seemed a bit tight, especially between the foot of the bed and the wall. But, it was quiet and would stay here again if needing to be near Midway airport.

The area to the north of the motel on Cicero is a bit rough, but we had no issues.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed April 24, 2011

Fornt Desk has to begin treating Priority Club members better. Very unaccommodating. You will not be made to feel as though your business is important to them. As Priority Club member you should always be prepared to get routine treatment and your loyalty to Holiday Inns has little value.

When I checked in I tried to get the desk to use the card on file with my Priority Club membership. The desk stated she could not do this as she had no proof that i statyed at the Hotel without the card. Amazes me that Holiday Inn coporate will allow their loyal travelers to be so mistreated. Prior to my arrival at the hotel I had just rented a 40-50K vehicle without showing anything more than a drivers license as an Emerald member. Shame on Holiday Inn Midway!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank benfen6293
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed April 19, 2011

Comfy bed and very clean rooms. The staff was friendly. I am very pleased with this hotel.

Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Southern California
Reviewed December 12, 2010

The airline had lost my luggage!
Perhaps the single most important thing that mattered to me THE MOST...and Holiday Inn Midway Chicago couldn't even bother to leave a message on the in-room answering machine!
My luggage was lost by the airlines and after informing the desk clerk that the airline was to deliver it at this address, I was assured that they would let me know.
I checked in on Thursday evening and checked out on Sunday afternoon. The missing luggage arrived at 3pm on Friday. It wasn’t until Sunday, an hour before I checked out did I find out that my missing luggage had indeed been delivered two days earlier!!
When asked why I was not informed about its arrival their answer was “…sorry, but it was your responsibility to ask…” It is also Holiday Inn’s policy to not contact the guest’s room until after 9am. It arrived at 3pm, so what happened during the day that caused them not to contact me?? A simple phone call to the room and an brief message on their in-room answering machine would have sufficed.
We were in town for a wedding. Some of our clothes for the even were in that suitcase along with everyday clothes and toiletries. We don’t live in Chicago and don’t know where the shopping centers are located. When we finally found a Wal-Mart we had to shell out a few hundred dollars for basics and some of our missing wedding attire, which happened to be there had we been informed soon enough.
Our relatives were also staying at the Holiday Inn. My aunt needs her diabetic meds and food refrigerated. As per Holiday Inn’s boast of included amenities, a microwave and refrigerator are standard in all rooms. Her room DID NOT have these and had to be requested.
I will never stay at this hotel again and would not recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
, General Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago - Midway Airport, responded to this review, January 10, 2011
I certainly apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced as a result of not being notified of your luggage delivery. We value every guest experience, and certainly hope you will once again give us the opportunity to provide you with the service we are recognized for. Please feel free to contact me directly if I may be of assistance.
Seattle
Reviewed November 2, 2010

This was a business trip that was connected to an all day meeting, hosted at the hotel, which meant that I spent all day and night in the hotel. As far as the location, it was close to the airport with a complimentary shuttle which was great. Our group decided to venture out at night into the city for dinner and went the route of taking the free shuttle back to the airport and hopping a train. This was not a bad experience but it would have been much better if our location was closer to the downtown area. In the immediate vicinity, there was only a few chain restaurants and other hotels as well as lots of concrete and other hotels. With regards to spending the entire day in the hotel for a workshop, the service was so so. The coordinator had to keep calling catering to get salt, pepper, condiments, syrup, utensils. This was definitely a turn off. Another turn off was the $10 per day fee to use the gym, random! On the other hand, the food was pretty good as far as hotels go. Snacks were also provided and these included popcorn, soft pretzels, soda, water, iced tea, candy bars. I liked the variety which included healthy options. Overall, it was a practical place to have a small group meeting.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments. We certainly appreciate your stay and hope when travel brings you to the Chicago Midway area in the future, you will once again consider us for your lodging needs. Our proximity to the airport is great for travel, but can also connect you to downtown, only 20 minutes via the Orange line "L" ftom the CTA. Our 24 hour complimentary shuttle is happy to get you connected!
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed October 3, 2010

Always a pleasure to stay!

• Stayed August 2010
Bartlesville, Oklahoma
Reviewed May 15, 2010

You can't be any more convenient to Midway airport. The shuttle service is great. The room was very clean and very comfortable. The breakfast was excellent, possibly the best breakfast I have ever had at a hotel. The food was high quality and the preparation was perfect.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chicago
Hampton Inn Chicago-Midway Airport
Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Midway Airport
Sleep Inn Midway Airport
Sleep Inn Midway Airport
#3 of 5 in Bedford Park

Been to Holiday Inn Chicago - Midway Airport? Share your experiences!