“great vietnamese restaurant in unlikely location”
Review of Simply It

Simply It
Ranked #1,300 of 9,520 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Asian, Vietnamese
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Lincoln Park
Description: Simply It was founded in 2006 to bring the most savory Vietnamese delicacy to Chicagoans.
chicago, illinois
“great vietnamese restaurant in unlikely location”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

my wife and I stumbled on this nice restaurant walking to the local theater just two doors down. the restaurant is busy, very friendly, and very reasonable priced. we passed after the play got done around 10.30 on a Friday and the crowd was just lightening up. we had pho, this was very good, and papaya salad, this was also good but possibly a bit on the sour side. service and friendliness was great. we also had their smoothie (avocado), this was also very good but a bit on the sweet side. overall, very good specially for being in Lincoln park area. anything better, you have to travel to Vietnam town or to Chinatown.

• Visited March 2013

Sao Paulo, Brazil
“Great place, great food and lovely staff!”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

A small treasure. It is a pleasant place, with warm atmosphere, great food (we loved the roasted duck) and, besides it is one of the places in Chicago that allow you to take your own bottle of wine without charging for it. . It is a good place for couples and amall groups!

• Visited October 2012
Sterling, Virginia
“Best Vietnamese Restaurant”
Reviewed August 22, 2012 via mobile

Exzellent Vietnamese food. Recommendable for lovers of fine Asia food in a clean environment with perfect sercice. The Phos are unbeatable.

1 Thank KHO K
Houston, Texas
“Fresh food for cheap”
Reviewed August 17, 2012

This is a great restaurant. I have lived in Chicago for the past 8 years and have been here at least ten times. The people are friendly, they love to give you too much food, and it's byob. It's a great value. I highly recommend the lemongrass chicken( it comes in a coconut) the lemongrass beef roll appetizer, The short ribs and the lemongrass porkchop. I bet everything else is great too but why try anything else when you know ehat you like? Note the ribs and porkchop are a little fatty and salty but that adds to the flavor. My friends love the avocado chicken but I think it's ok. They always give you free fruit at the end of the meal. I have also ordered it to go and again, free fruit for dessert! Bring a bottle of wine for dinner or some beers and you are set! Today I went with my friends and four kids and they gave the kids free smoothies! Just an example of the over the top service. Get it with the soup and salad and you will be stuffed. Fresh ingredients, the owner always says hi, I love this place. I am moving out of state and will miss this place.

Chicago Area
“Great Asian Food!”
Reviewed May 9, 2012

I love the food here. Vietnamese inspired dishes that are wonderful! I tried the tofu dishes both times I ate there, the rest of my family tried their signature sandwiches. Go at lunchtime and the price is a bargain for this quality and neighborhood.

• Visited April 2012