“Simply the Best!”

Ranked #46 of 187 Hotels in Chicago
Crystal Lake, Illinois
“Simply the Best!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2014

The Ritz-Carlton Chicago is simply the best hotel property and experience I have ever had, and I've had a lot, traveling world-wide. The quality of the facilities and staff attention to detail is unmatched. We made a note of a special occasion in our reservation and several staff members commented and acted on it which made the stay that much more enjoyable.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
TomSegesta, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Chicago, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Dear Walter B,

Thank you for sharing your special occasion with us! We appreciate your shared experience on Trip Advisor and The Ritz-Carlton Chicago staff will be very pleased to hear of this great feedback!

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Tom Segesta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (563)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
Wenatchee, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2014

We stayed there for a Northwestern University Medical school reunion It was very convenient to the medical school. the room was great, the staff very friendly and helpful. We had one banquet/dance at the hotel and the food, setting and music were perfect.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Dear iluvta2,

It was an honor to host the Northwestern Alum for this special event! Thank you for sharing your experience with us on Trip Advisor. I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay and the service of our staff. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back soon. Go Wildcats!

Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2014

The front desk, housekeeping and in-room dining staff at Ritz-Carlton Chicago are top notch. I had a room facing Michigan Avenue. Of course, it was noisy, but I expected that. Typical city noise can be comforting after the crowds die down in the evening. I was able to open a window, which I loved. The fresh air on the 24th floor was nice. If you want quiet, ask for lake view room.
I had a problem with in-room dining but the issue was addressed immediately. I was satisfied with the result.
The bath amenities were lovely as was the bedding. It may be time for a spruce up cleaning on some of the upholstered furnishings but overall I was satisfied.
I asked for a late check out so I could sleep in Saturday after a long work week. They were more than accommodating. I had also asked concierge earlier in the week if I could drop a bag off before checking in as I was traveling over an extensive area of the Midwest and did not want to carry all my belongings. My bag was kept safe and was ready for me upon arrival. That was very much appreciated.
Concierge desk could use some training. Not all staff were consistently welcoming.
I will definitely stay at Ritz Carlton Chicago again.

Room Tip: If you want quiet, ask for Lakeview rooms
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear Elizabeth H,

Thank you for sharing your Ritz experience with us on Trip Advisor, we sincerely value your feedback. I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed your suite and room service. I agree, the white noise of the city holds a certain comfort once the hustle and bustle of the day has calmed down.

Thank you for choosing The Ritz-Carlton Chicago for your Windy City stay. We look forward to welcoming you back!

illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for the evening while attending an event in the hotel ballroom. Everything about the stay was top notch. Check in was was quick and easy, the room was large and very nicely decorated, and the bed...oh the bed...was the most comfortable hotel bed I have ever slept in. I travel on business a lot and it usually take two or three nights in a new bed before I sleep soundly. Not here, I slept better than I ever had on the first night . The thing that really sets this place apart (besides the bed) is the staff. The staff here goes out of their way to make you feel welcome. They are all very well trained and are extremely courteous. Each person greets you and readily offers assistance as you move around the hotel. A true guest first culture here. Yes the price is higher than most but I feel you definitely get what you pay for.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank joeman123
TomSegesta, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Chicago, responded to this review, April 19, 2014
Dear Joeman123,

Thank you for your Trip Advisor review. I am thrilled to hear you slept like a baby on our new mattress! Our staff cannot get over the comfort of the new mattresses and are purchasing them for their own homes!

I will share your kind words with our staff, they will be very happy to hear how taken care of you felt during your time with us. We look forward to welcoming you back to your home in Chicago soon!

Decatur, GA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014

Spent Monday-Friday of Spring Break at the Ritz with the kids last week—and could not have had a more extraordinary stay. I am normally a business traveler concentrating my stays (and my points) with a different hotel chain. But, based on the great reviews, I chose the Ritz for this vacation and am deeply grateful to have done so.

The careful attention from the Ritz staff began a week before we even arrived (needed to be sure we had a fridge in the room)—and extended several days after we left (tracking down a lost item). No detail was too small—and there were seemingly endless treats for the kids. The Candy (Lady), orange sodas and Garrett’s popcorn, bathrobes and toiletries just their size. There is no better way to make ME happy than to make my children happy!

The atmosphere was vibrant. The hotel luxurious. The location beyond compare. But I think my most indelible impression comes from the demeanor of the staff. From the GM’s office to the front desk to the concierge to housekeeping, these men and women know they’re on a winning team. They are hitting it out of the park at a great hotel in a world-class city—and they are proud to show that off to guests of all sizes.

Dear RedheadJen,

How fantastic that you and your family enjoyed spring break with us! We were thrilled to have you! Thank you for choosing The Ritz-Carlton Chicago for your family get-a-way to the Windy City.

I am delighted to hear you experienced all of our kids amenities and activities. That Garrett’s popcorn is just the best. If you did not bake cookies with the chef this time, be sure to try it on your next stay!

We look forward to your return.

Jericho, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2014

After a number of stays here, quality of service is diminished. May be time to look across Michigan Avenue to the Peninsula. Concierge struggled to make a recommendation for "an upscale/ elegant Italian restaurant" in town. Room keys malfunctioned three times!!! Glasses in the room were never replaced after use, simply removed. Newspaper never arrived despite door tag indicating a paper was requested.

Room Tip: Lake views are always the best
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank ITP410
TomSegesta, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Chicago, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Dear ITP410,

Thank you for your Trip Advisor review, we sincerely appreciate your shared experience and value your feedback. I am sorry to hear of your less then satisfactory experience with concierge, room keys/glasses and the newspaper delivery. These are all poor experiences that you should never expect from A Four Seasons Hotel and we appreciate the opportunity to learn from your shared experience. If we do have the opportunity, it would be a pleasure to personally welcome you back. Please feel free to reach out to myself with further concerns.

East Lansing, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2014

We stayed for 1 night. Our goal was to visit museums and the American Girl store. We did not purchase the American Girl package. We stayed with our daughters (ages 4 and 6). The staff was overly attentive and treated them like royalty. The welcome gift was a special beginning, and of course, the visit from the Candy Cart was a great treat.

Dear ELDerby,

Thank you for sharing your “very family friendly” stay with us on Trip Advisor, we sincerely appreciate it! I am happy to hear your daughters were made to feel special and enjoyed their time with us. I am sure the Chicago Museums and American Girl Store were the perfect treat for a Windy City trip as well.

We look forward to an opportunity to welcome you back soon!