10,178 results
All reviews executive level empire room lockwood restaurant beautiful lobby beautiful hotel art institute the loop classic hotel street level millennium park a hilton honors member lobby bar rooms are small an older hotel downtown chicago two double beds concierge desk
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

very close to the art institute-- duvet -- nice bed--tiny washroom--large sitting area
good starbucks-- excellent concierge--- fine restaurant-- quite fancy furnishings

no coffee maker--- valet parking

• Stayed: October 2018, traveled with friends
AlhajiA8, Manager at Palmer House A Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hello vivihill,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at The Palmer House. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed experiencing the atmosphere of our historic hotel. Not only do we appreciate hearing from you, but we know that other users will truly find your comments helpful in making their decision to stay with us!

It is always a pleasing feeling whenever our guests return to our hotel for another dose of the antiquity within our walls. We look forward to another opportunity to showcase our exceptional customer service to you during a future stay!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This hotel is very well maintained with a lot of history. We had a corner room with windows on both sides that let a lot of light in and was so glad we could open them. The room is kinda small but not to bad. I would have liked to have a coffee maker and refrigerator in the room. The fridge in the room was full of for sale items.
The staff was pleasant. You have to be patient with the slow elevators. Great location!

Room Tip: Corner room had two windows
Stayed: October 2018, traveled on business

Hello Kay C,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I have stayed here before, and it is still a nice, older hotel. But on this trip, the hotel let me down.

I arrived to find pickets at the entrance. Beating drums, shouting through bullhorns...

And when I checked in, the front desk clerk handed me a sheet that said that, due to the strike, there was no room service, the executive lounge was closed, etc.

I had a very important meeting on Monday morning, and as I wrote the hotel G.M. in a letter, I stay in a full-service hotel in a situation like this so I can eat in my room and have an extra hour to prepare.

Strikes happen, but I would expect the hotel to email people with reservations IN ADVANCE in update them on the situation. This strike had been going on for three weeks prior to my arrival.

If I had known what was going on at the Palmer House, I could have stayed at a Hampton or Courtyard and saved some money!

• Stayed: September 2018, traveled on business
1  Thank Smudgecats

Hello Smudgecats,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Palmer House! I want to begin by offering my sincerest apologies to you for the issues you experienced during your time at our property. We understand that the state of operations at our hotel had a negative impact on your stay. I can assure you that our team remains focused on providing the exceptional customer service that Palmer House guests expect and deserve. As usual, our mission is to use the comments you provided to ensure that you notice the service improvement during your next stay with us.

Our primary goal is guest satisfaction and we are privileged to have a resilient team who is always up for the challenge to service our guests. We look forward to a future opportunity to show you what customer service looks like through the eyes of the Palmer House.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Our first trip to usa was a disappointment, from the moment we stepped off the plane people were rude, hotel staff rude and unhelpful, no coffee facilities in room, no WiFi, room very small and dark, just found it unpleasant, extra hidden charges everywhere, will not return

Stayed: October 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank traceym600

Hello Tracey M,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at The Palmer House! We truly apologize that you did not receive the typical Palmer House experience during your visit. We specialize in outstanding customer service and we are saddened to hear that we missed the mark.

We never want any guest to feel as if our first mission is not to provide a high level of service throughout their stay. Rest assured, your comments will be a crucial factor for our team as we continuously search for ways to improve our service.

We understand that you have many options in the city of Chicago but it is always a pleasing feeling whenever our guests return to our hotel for another dose of the antiquity within our walls. We truly hope to see you again at the Palmer House!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The hotel (what I guess you’d consider the lobby) is really just a bar with a check in area is very very beautiful. However the bathroom in the room was very cramped and there was very little counter space. The toilet paper is literal behind you next to the back of the toilet. The sink, while probably not a probably for most (but when you’re 5’3) I could barely reach the handles. I had a king bed but the tv was so far in the corner it was awkward to watch so I never even turned it on. And keep in mind I had the nice room than my co-worker apparently.

Stayed: October 2018, traveled on business