Palmer House A Hilton Hotel
Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$317
$206
$187
$167
  • Restaurant
La Quinta Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$239
$199
  • Breakfast included
$604
$376
  • Pool
Hotel Versey - Days Inn Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$159
$144
Hotels.com
Warwick Allerton-Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$233
$149
  • Room Service
9,638 results
All reviewsexecutive levelempire roomlockwood restaurantbeautiful lobbybeautiful hotelart institutethe loopclassic hotelstreet levelmillennium parklobby bara hilton honors memberrooms are smallan older hoteltwo double bedsdowntown chicagoconcierge desk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 9, 2009

My husband and I stayed her for ou anniversary. otel was nice rooms small and bathrooms even smaller. Our last night there we were awaken at 4:30 in the morning by our neighbors fighting.... yelling... doors slamming, name calling. I waited a few mintues and it only got worse, so I called down stairs to let them know. They said they would send someone up right away. About 30 minutes later I called again, they then said they would send them up. I did hear a knock on the neighbors door, but they did not answer. I was already pretty upset and awake so my husband and I packed up and got out of there. The down staris staff said that they would give us breakfast on them...however... Breakfast does not compair to a horrible night of sleep.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kimk1175
Reviewed November 7, 2009

Stayed here October 31 through November 5 for a cconference. This is beautiful hotel and the location is perfect. The Art Institute and Millenium Park is a short 2 block walk from the hotel. My room was small, but beautiful. The bed was comfy and there were plenty of pillows. Alas, no coffee maker in the room...The staff was helpful and friendly. I'd stay here again!

Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank arcarojb
Reviewed November 5, 2009

this hotel is located in the loop of chicago. it's very close to almost all the attractions downtown chicago has to offer, 15 min. walk to navy pier, 2 min. to millennium park, 5 min. to magnificent mile, etc. the lobby is beautiful and historic with the elegance of the turn of the century and buzzing with activity. parking is expensive, we opted to park at the millennium park garage 2 mins. away which saved $60 over 3 days. rooms were clean but the bathroom small. we got this place for $70/night on priceline and loved it.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with friends
2  Thank jason1975
Reviewed November 5, 2009

The Palmer House always causes me to breathe deeply upon entering the fantastic lobby. The Palmer House has excellent lobby life going on, full of people sitting, talking, rubbing elbows, socializing and refreshing themselves with drinks and food. I feel this aspect sets Palmer House apart from many hotels that seem nothing more than a line of peoplewith little incentive or space to linger, meet and talk to fellow travellers. This historic hotel is packed with art, impossibly lavish ball rooms and enough winding hall ways packed with pictures to qualify as a museam of Chicago itself. I took the executive level upgrade and liked that the room was larger and had two bathrooms, gorgeous decor but the executive level lounge was in my opinion rather depressing offering over priced beer and rather dull and limited snack and breakfast selections. Besides, who would want to linger in the executive lounge when you could linger in the lobby with it's newly and gorgeous renovation of the bar and restaurant. I've been to the Palmer House many times in 40 years and am delighted to see it more exciting than it has been in awhile. On this visit to Chicago I stayed at three hotels, including the Palmer House, the Hotel InterContinental and the Trump Tower. I liked them in the order I listed and found the Trump Tower disappointing and the Palmer House really stands out as a fine hotel, worth the expense; and I stay in hotels many, many times per year.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled solo
2  Thank touristwoman
Reviewed November 5, 2009

Palmer House is an elegant hotel with a long history; the lobby area is spectacular.
One the great things about the hotel is the location as it is in the Loop, and close to the
Museums, parks, lakeside attractions. The only issue is the size of the bathroom--very
small. The room, while on the small side, was very comfortable.
Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple