Palmer House A Hilton Hotel
$725
$607
$519
  • Restaurant
Kimpton Hotel Allegro(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$576
$521
  • Bar/Lounge
$1,049
$975
The Peninsula
  • Pool
La Quinta Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$329
  • Breakfast included
Best Western River North Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$330
$309
BestWestern.com
Warwick Allerton-Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$849
$662
  • Room Service
Hotel Versey - Days Inn Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$330
$288
$492
getaroom.com
9,688 results
All reviewsexecutive levelempire roomlockwood restaurantbeautiful lobbybeautiful hotelart institutethe loopclassic hotelstreet levelmillennium parklobby bara hilton honors memberrooms are smallan older hoteltwo double bedsdowntown chicagoconcierge desk
Reviewed October 15, 2013

It's a gorgeous hotel, in a great location, but service fell well below my expectations. Checked in Tues night, and put into handicap two double bed room, despite reserving king. Was told to pack up, talk to front desk in the morning, leave bags with bellhop, would have king avail that afternoon. In the morning, told no kings, could switch to non-accessible two doubles. Ok, fine. Check back that afternoon, threaten to check out if I can't get a king and voila! A king room appears. Checking out, tried to bill me six times for internet on a four-day stay. Told "that's how the system works". Later told our group had free internet, so all the charges were removed from the bill. Incredibly inconsistent and frustrating answers every time I interacted with the front desk staff.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Just came back from a wonderful long weekend to visit my college senior. Have visited a few times over the years and this was our best stay by far. We got upgraded to the Executive Floor, yet the price was more reasonable than other Hiltons in Chicago. Definitely check it out; lobby is spectacular, our room was very clean and super comfy (whoever heard of 2 bathrooms in a hotel room!) Breakfast had good variety of cereals, bagels, fruit, yogurt, oatmeal and a hot option. Evening happy hour had good snacks. The L is right outside the door, Art Institute a few blocks away. Also had a nice massage in the spa. Highly recommend!

Room Tip: Top floor quiet, try to get upgrade to Executive floor if possible!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Great hilton property. The hotel is very nice, formal, and elaborately decorated. The lobby reminds me of grand central station in NYC. Very orate and very very busy. The rooms seemed to be a little larger than a normal hotel room. My room was facing the train, however it was not a problem. The train is fairly quiet and sounded like a strong wind blowing by. The train never interrupted my sleep and I am a light sleeper. This is a great historic building that is worth a visit and I would definitely stay at this hotel again for work. This is a very busy property that I personally would probably choose another location if I was traveling with children, not because of anything the hotel does wrong but just simply the crowd.

Room Tip: Don't be concerned if your room faces the train the noise is not a problem.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Our stay at the Hilton Palmer House was terrible from the start. I typically stay at The Wit when I visit Chicago (which is often), but it was fully booked so I decided to try my hand at the Palmer House. Never again. Here is a breakdown:

Valet: the valet was terrible. We sat in our car waiting for someone to assist us for approximately 45 minutes. We would have left, but there were cars in front of and behind us, which prevented us from exiting. When the valet finally arrived, he was rude and unhelpful.

Check-in: It was unbelievably slow. In fact, I waited in the HHonors line for so long that I eventually left and joined the regular line. Once it was my turn, the gentleman helping me asked silly questions, such as the name of my room guest, her address, phone number,etc. I told him none of that was necessary. Never in my life have I been asked to provide that information.

Staff, generally: No one was particularly helpful or adept at their job. Once we arrived in our room, we called the front desk to find out the location of the gym (because there was no hotel information in our room, which was very strange). No one knew. Unbelievable. You don't even know where your gym is located?

Lobby bar: I heard great things about this bar, but I didn't find anything particularly great about it. We ordered spicy bloody mary's. They were watered down and tasted like straight V8 juice. We left after one drink.

The room: It was small and cramped. The lighting was terrible. When I attempted to use the shower in the morning, to my shock and horror I noticed a cockroach in the bathtub (see attached picture). I attempted to slay the cockroach, but it quickly moved to the shower curtain. Not having time to call someone to deal with the filthy cockroach situation, I got ready for my meeting and left the hotel. I would have been great to be able to shower first.

The aftermath: Upon leaving, I informed the front desk staff of the cockroach situation and showed them the picture. They offered to give me HHonors points to make-up for the poor stay. They said the points would appear on my account within 10 days. Of course, it's now been a month and the points have not appeared on my account. I called to inquire and now a "case" had to be opened on the situation.

I will never stay at this hotel again, nor will anyone I have told about this situation. It's disgusting and the service couldn't have been worse. I wouldn't pay $30 to stay at this hotel, let alone a few hundred.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank Lisa D
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I just stayed here for a 3 day business trip over Columbus Day weekend. The grandeur and history of this Chicago landmark hotel is amazing. They have nice sized rooms that have been updated nicely. The housekeeping staff is great. The location cannot be beat! It was Marathon weekend and so nice to see so many runners in the lobby and all around. Only downside was the line to check in on Friday night was pretty long and the waitress service in the lobby was terrible. We had to force the blonde waitress to wait on us on 2 separate nights. Crazy! Other than that, a very nice stay.

• Stayed: October 2013