Best hotel in Chicago!! I've stayed in many modern hotels before, all luxury, but I can't help but love the Palmer House the most. The Hilton Chicago is great as well but so far removed from Everything else. Honestly my best memory from this trip is getting back from a long day of walking and sitting in the lobby with a box of Frango bought from Marshall Fields with my family. With the calming Christmas music and amazing ceiling it makes the perfect atmosphere.
They don't make hotels like this anymore. I tried exploring the whole thing but its just to huge! There are hallways and ballrooms, spiral staircases and old creepy ones. One time I entered a stairway that was absolutely terrifying but exciting at the same time, and when reaching the top I came out on the balcony overlooking the grand ballroom. The staff is great and gave us no attitude for searching the place from head to toe. There were others looking around its many ballrooms as well and is an Amazing building with so much history.
The rooms were very nice but obviously old. I didn't mind at all but I will warn you. The pool was old as well and not as good as some of the others I've seen in Chicago ie Marriott residence inn where the pools on the roof and has panoramic views of he city lights at night with glass windows all around you and you can go on the corner and it feels like your standing on the edge of a building. The palmer house pool has a glass roof and is in a courtyard. It does have a hot tub too which is nice. I honestly can say that whenever I go to Chicago and stay somewhere else It will not be the same.
Wish I was there right now. Stay at the Palmer house and you won't regret it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- North America’s most established hotel, the Palmer House Hilton first opened its doors in 1871 and has remained the place to "see and be seen" in downtown Chicago. We continue evolving to serve you with the latest conveniences and comforts in meetings, accommodations and dining - a hip and historic blend of modern nuances and Chicago cultural significance. Whether you’re holding a gala in the famed Empire Room or an intimate gathering in one of our hospitality suites, your event is sure to be a success. Here, you’ll be the host in the Chicago hotel that’s been the venue of choice for celebrities, politicians, and royalty for more than a century.When you come to the Palmer House Hilton, you don’t just stay here. You live here—even if it’s only for a night. That’s why all of our guest rooms and suites have just the right touches to make you feel right at home. You’ll sleep well on our Hilton Serenity Dream bed featuring a plush top mattress and crisp linens, lathering up with Peter Thomas Roth bath products, perceptual service and a full host of amenities to keeping you connected – from flat screen HD televisions, wired and wireless high-speed internet to alarm clocks with auxiliary ports, you’ll find everything you need to rest easy. Lockwood Restaurant, your Farm to Fork, AAA 4 Diamond destination open for breakfast, lunch and dinner as well as afternoon tea. The Lobby Bar at Lockwood is a favorite for locals and travelers alike for craft beers and craft cocktails with Palmer House private reserves and labels. Potter’s is the hip spot to enjoy a retro mix of perfectly poured libations and delectable light fare while reminiscing about the hotel’s history. The hotel is walking distance to the Blue Line and the Orange Line “L” stations for quick transport to O’Hare International Airport and Midway Airport, respectively. The Palmer House Hilton is steps to all the action along State Street including Macy’s, Nordstrom Rack, American Apparel, H&M, Block 37 Mall and the Chicago Theatre. The hotel is also a short walk to The Art Institute, Joffrey Ballet, Cadillac Theatre, Jeweler’s Row, Millennium Park, John G. Shedd Aquarium, Field Museum and Adler Planetarium. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Expedia, HotelPower, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your The Palmer House Hilton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Palmer House Hilton Hotel Chicago
- Hilton Hotel Chicago
- Hilton Hotel Palmer
- Palmer House Chicago
- Chicago Palmer House Hilton
- Palmer House Hilton Chicago
- Palmer Hilton House
- Hilton Chicago
- Chicago Hilton