“Fantastic Stay in Chicago”
Review of Omni Chicago Hotel

Omni Chicago Hotel
Ranked #32 of 190 Hotels in Chicago
Jonesboro, Arkansas
“Fantastic Stay in Chicago”
Reviewed October 3, 2009

My husband and I had a wonderful stay at the Omni Chicago Hotel.

I had contacted the customer service representative prior to our stay to request a quiet suite. When we arrived, she greeted us and confirmed that we were getting exactly what I had requested--and more. Our suite had a partial view of the lake!!! And, we were able to check in early.

The service at this hotel is incredible. Everyone made us feel welcome and took care to respond to any question or request that we had.

The suite was very quiet even though we were on the east side of the hotel, very near to Michigan Avenue. Housekeeping was prompt and thorough. We really couldn't have asked for a better hotel. We will definitely stay there on future trips to Chicago and will recommend this hotel to anyone who travels there.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Omni_Manager, Manager at Omni Chicago Hotel, responded to this review, October 9, 2009
We’re so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again next time you are here. Thanks for telling your friends to stay with us too. We’ll make sure to take good care of them as well.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (397)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Kalamazoo, MI
Reviewed September 28, 2009

My husband and I stayed in a suite with another couple for his birthday. The suite was spacious, modern, comfortable and clean. The big bathroom was a plus and I loved the travertine tiles (I think) on the tub walls/floors.

The location is perfect. Close to everything. We never paid for one taxi ride used our car because everything was within walking distance or we took the train. I also loved the valet parking. It made checking in/out so easy in the heart of downtown.

It's the customer service that really sets this hotel above the rest. From the bell boy to the person that answered the telephone upon check out, we encountered knowledgeable, friendly staff that seemed like they enjoyed making our stay wonderful. A special thank you to the staff members (Katie and ?) that sent the decadent chocolate dessert to my husband for his birthday. It's those little things that go a long way.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Omni_Manager, Manager at Omni Chicago Hotel, responded to this review, October 1, 2009
We’re so happy to hear that you, your husband and your friends had a great time celebrating his birthday. And we’re also glad that we could make the celebration special with great service and a nice chocolate dessert. We hope you will come back and celebrate more special occasions with us.
Burleson, Texas
Reviewed September 23, 2009

I took my mom to The Omni Hotel in Chicago. It is in the heart of Michigan Avenue! If you are a shopper and want to have THE BEST location for the Magnificent Mile THIS is the place to stay! You can easily walk to either end of Michigan Ave from this location. Right across the street was The Apple Store, Garmin, Nike Town, down a block was American Girl Place, Neiman Marcus plus a million other stores. The other way was Nordstrom, Grand Luxe Cafe, H&M... a million more shops. We were there 6 days and I TRIED to get to all of them but couldn't do it! Maybe if I stayed a month?!
Our room was nice and clean but the first morning I was awakened by heavy excavating equipment building a hotel next door. Be sure you ask for a room on the opposite side of the building! We were happily moved and all was right with the world. Everyone at the hotel was very nice. I used the fitness center a couple times. It has 3 treadmills, 2 bikes and 2 elypticals. I think there were some free weights and a couple weight machines. The indoor pool was cute but must be accessed through the fitness center bathrooms so there was a pretty steady stream of loud kids and people exploring. I LOVED the Loggia off of the fitness center! The weather was beautiful and they had a few loungers out there so you could relax and nap in the refreshing breeze.
One of our best meals was a block away at Rosebuds on Rush. It was great Italian food, Huge portions, a great wait staff and a nice ambiance.
The 2 elevators are not a problem. It never took more than a few seconds for an elevator to come. Check in (Hotel Desk) is on the 3rd floor. The restaurant is on 4. We had breakfast here each day and it was great! The breakfast buffet is the best value. If they don't have it set up tell them you want to order the buffet to the table and they will bring you all of the selections you want that is offered on their buffet! You don't have to get up, they just keep bringing what you ask for! PLUS we always sat by the window with a great view of Michigan Ave. Great "people watching" location.
The rooms have a nice wet bar with a coffee maker. We ordered up a mini refrigerator for $10/day. Not bad if you need/want to store some food. There is a great Grocery Store (Trader Vic's) about 2 blocks away from the hotel. Lots of gourmet and organic selections.
Be sure to get online and join the Omni's club! You will get free wireless internet everyday, 2 complimentary beverages delivered each morning with the newspaper of your choice plus several other perks!
I don't know about a business center but I saw a computer on the 4th floor that looked like a public access computer but there was never anyone on it!?
This hotel was a great value! For this location on Michigan ave. I only paid $159/nt and it included $150 in food vouchers!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank AFBT
Thanks for writing a review of our hotel. We are definitely in a perfect location for shopping. We’re so glad you enjoyed our breakfast each morning. It’s a great way to start a big day of shopping. It was also good to hear we were able to move you to the other side of the hotel. We will always do our best to accommodate a room change. The computer is for public access, but we do have a full business center located behind our front desk on the third floor in a separate room with four computers and other necessities. We hope you come back for you next shopping excursion.
Manchester
Reviewed September 20, 2009

We arrived at the Omni on 2nd September for a 6 day stay. I took ill when I left the plane after travelling from Manchester so I saw more of the room than I anticipated. I couldn't go out for 4 days.
The room was spacious and clean. The bed was extremely comfortable. The bathroom was large and very clean. What more could you ask.
We had coffee and juice left outside our door every morning at the time we requested.
I managed to go to the 5th floor to see the sun terrace (outside the gym) Having a sun terrace in a city hotel is a great idea but the terrace was a bit grim. A few sunbeds on a concrete floor. There was also noise from an air conditioning unit. It could do with a bit of cheering up.
What I saw of Chicago was very pleasing, it has something for everyone.
Would I go back to the Omni? yes I would.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
We’re sorry to hear you were feeling ill when you arrived at the hotel, but we’re glad you had a spacious room in which to relax and recuperate. We have two sides to the sundeck – one is off the fitness center while the other is off the pool. The one off the pool has planter boxes with herbs and spices planted by our chef which lends a nice atmosphere. We hope you will stay with us on your next trip to Chicago and hope you will be in better health.
United States
Reviewed September 12, 2009

At the last minute, a friend and I decided to go to Chicago for the Labor Day weekend. We chose the Omni for our 4 day stay since the hotel had a good online rate. The Omni is comfortable and clean but the layout of the facility is a bit awkward. (we never did find the 5th floor pool). The bathroom is nice and there is alot of storage in the bedroom, but the bedroom itself is a bit tight for two double beds. Being a preferred guest I was offered free morning beverages and the option to have two items of clothing pressed. I used both benefits, but was charged for the pressing. The representative who checked us in did not have a clue. She completely botched our room payment; she charged my credit card for the full stay as well as my companion's. She also charges an additional $150 for incidentals. The morning of check-out, customer service rep Megan informed me that her colleague made a mistake on our room payment and she promptly corrected both the double payment and laundry charge. For the price Omni was sufficient and the location would be hard to beat, but if we return to Chicago I think we'll try the suites at Trump Tower.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
Omni_Manager, Manager at Omni Chicago Hotel, responded to this review, September 24, 2009
Thanks for staying with us for your impromptu Labor Day vacation. We’re sorry you were unable to locate the pool (for any future guests – take a left when exiting the fifth floor elevator and it’s halfway down the hall on the left. Enter the fitness center, go through the locker room and it’s on the other side of the locker room.) We also apologize for the billing error, but glad to hear that Megan corrected it so quickly at check-out. The Trump is definitely a different experience (and more expensive for sure), but we hope you will stay with us again.
South Coast of UK
Reviewed September 11, 2009

Having stayed at many hotels downtown, the Omni has to be the best, location, comfort and a great welcome. The suite was perfect for us on an extended Labor Day weekend, the knowledge of the Concierge was tried and tested over and over. Being a select guest, Coffee was delivered each morning without fail (he NEEDS his coffee). Everything we needed was right on our doorstep and it was like returning home each day. We could go on and on. All I can personally say is Stay at the Omni....you WON'T regret it.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Omni_Manager, Manager at Omni Chicago Hotel, responded to this review, September 17, 2009
We all need our coffee, and we’re happy to provide it to your door when you request it when you sign up for our free Select Guest program. Thanks for the great review. We hope to see you soon.
San Diego, CA
Reviewed September 7, 2009

We just returned from a 5-day stay at the Omni, and our expectations were definitely exceeded. When we arrived, the doorman immediately took our luggage/carseats/baby gear, which is substantial when you are on a 2-week trip with an 18-month old and a 4-year old. When we walked up to the front desk, the woman immediately greeted us by name! She gave each of our kids their own little backpack filled with toys and goodies for their trip. They were just thrilled.

We ordered room service that night, and it was delicious -- we had the sausage pizza for only $18, and it was huge and delicious -- enough for dinner and leftovers for lunch the following day. Room service called an hour and a half later to make sure that the food was to our liking, and that our dishes had been picked up (WOW).

The next morning my husband took the kids to speak with Melissa, the concierge on duty that morning...she was AMAZING! She not only was a wealth of information, but incredibly friendly. She also picked up that we were celebrating our anniversary, and when we returned from the Cubs game that day, a piece of flourless chocolate cake, four chocolate covered strawberries, and Evian water was waiting for us with a handwritten card from us. We were stunned!

The hotel itself is on the best part of Michigan Avenue, and is truly steps to everything, including the subway and bus service, which is clean and easy.

The rest of our stay was great. There were always employees around in case we needed any information, and everyone was extremely friendly and helpful. We could not be happier. There is a construction site right next to the hotel, but it wasn't noisy and our kids love to watch the excavator work every day.

I had called ahead of our arrival to have the room baby-proofed, and housekeeping told me it would be taken care of us. Unfortunately it wasn't, but it didn't out to be an issue for us. The only other possible concerns I might convey about the hotel is the lack of a small fridge (we used the mini-bar) and microwave, and the proximity to the Northwestern campus hospital (we heard a lot of ambulances at night). Again, these didn't really turn out to be issues for us, and you're going to get noise anywhere you stay on the Magnificent Mile.

Overall, we loved our stay and will definitely come back to the Omni. The rooms were exceptionally clean and well cared for during our stay. The staff could have been any better, and the location was perfect. Thanks for a great vacation in beautiful and fun Chicago!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
We’re so glad you decided to stay with us during your five-night vacation in Chicago. It’s great to hear such positive comments about the hotel, especially comments that mention people by name. We will make sure to pass along your comments to Melissa. She and our whole concierge team are very knowledgeable and are great at taking care of the details for your entertainment arrangements. We look forward to seeing you again when you return on your next visit to Chicago.