“Another Great Omni Chicago Stay!”
Review of Omni Chicago Hotel

Omni Chicago Hotel
Ranked #31 of 191 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed September 5, 2013

We stayed at the Omni Chicago during a large convention in July. This is our second visit here and we will be back. The two room suite layout is hard to beat. We enjoyed every part of our stay. Definitely join the Omni Rewards (free) and you will get free wifi and morning beverages delivered to your door. They have a nice pool, workout room, and outside terraces. The breakfast buffet (not free) has high quality selections and a super view of Michigan Avenue. The location can’t be beat, right in the heart of the shopping, walking distance to the Water Tower Mall, John Hancock Bldg., and many great places to eat. Our room was clean and well maintained. The staff was efficient and customer-service focused - special shout out to: Nichole Atkinson!
No complaints – love this place.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank CindyC77
There are newer reviews for Omni Chicago Hotel

Reviewed September 5, 2013

I love this hotel, if not for the PERFECT middle of the Magnificent Mile location, the hotel is wonderful, service excellent and price is right. Great value for the money. Stay here but don't take my room!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 5, 2013

We were without water for half of a day. Management offered no chance to move to another room and no restitution for the inconvenience. While I really like the location of this hotel, the rooms are looking very worn and haven't been updated in the past several years. Not as clean or nice as you'd expect for $300/night.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Marcia M
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I enjoyed my stay at the Omni Chicago. The hotel has a great location right on the Magnificent Mile with spacious rooms and a very friendly staff. Every time I walked past a staff member they were always smiling and generally would inquire as to how my day was. The room had turn down service each day at about 8am and they always fully replenished the room with soaps, towels, etc. My room did not have a mini-fridge for personal use but had a fully stocked liquor mini-fridge (I still wish the room had a mini-fridge for personal use). Additionally I noted that the faucet to the sink in the main living area only functioned running hot water. I was surprised that the hotel did not include a complimentary water or newspaper, but I guess that was part of one of their perks for their Omni Loyalty program that they kept suggesting. Overall I still had a great experience with the Omni.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Started and ended our Lake Michigan holiday at the Omni in Chicago. We had a suite on 22nd floor with view onto Mag Mile through to the Lake. The room worked well with our teenage daughter who could have her own space as she could shut the door on us ! Well equipped with coffee maker, hair dryer with enough oomph and shower bath combo with good pressure. Almost spitting distance from Water Tower Place and with Labour Day sales on it was shopping heaven. Also walking distance to Navy Pier and Millenium Park. We had 3 day CTA pass for bus and 'L' and bus stop and station were very near.

We have been to Omnis before so as platinum members, enjoyed drinks and newspaper delivered at our chosen time in the morning as well as free Wifi. We were also really grateful for a late check out. An unexpected bonus was when Omni offered labour day weekend offers and we got a breakfast package. The buffet breakfasts are superb and we fully embraced the offerings which included cereals, fruit, eggs cooked any way you want, bacon, sausage, bagels, bread, muffins, cheeses and conserves. We ate once in the evening too, but there are loads of restaurants and we had to have Chicago deep pan pizza didn't we!

Others have criticised the lift system but it is no hassle at all. There is also a theme in other reviews regarding need for update but it is fine. The gym is well equipped and the pool is adequate for short laps, and jacuzzi toasty warm.

The most striking thing is the staff ;their friendliness and efficiency. We had an email in the week leading up to our stay which was reassuring. On arrival our room was not ready so we were sent up to the bar for a complimentary lunch. Every time we came into the hotel it was smiles and welcomes, and as a runner to be given ice cold water on my return each morning was gladly received. Special thanks to Jennifer Kilnick and Kyle on the front desk. We had a wonderful holiday and highly recommend this hotel

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Girlystargang
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 4, 2013

With the exception of an unprofessional encounter with a concierge who was also lacking in important information, the rest of the staff was exceptional in their efficiency and genuinely courteous treatment of us as guests. The rooms are clean and nicely appointed. The beds were not as luxurious as I prefer but were acceptable. The location is perfect if you want to be on or near the Magnificent Mile. Cab rides to other locations are also very affordable and the Valet staff was very helpful in procuring a cab when we needed one.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 4, 2013

My stay at the OMNI Chicago Hotel and Resorts was wonderful and even though I was in Chicago for a National Conference the staff and service made me feel at home. I was able relax and enjoy the trip due to the personal service. I really liked the fact the staff was very diverse. I enjoyed the hotel so much I am planning another trip for early October with my children and plan to stay with the OMNI again!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business