“Omni Chicago - Still A Great Hotel”
Review of Omni Chicago Hotel

Omni Chicago Hotel
Ranked #30 of 189 Hotels in Chicago
Oxford, NC
“Omni Chicago - Still A Great Hotel”
Reviewed December 17, 2012

My wife and I celebrated our wedding anniversary in Chicago. After much debate and research, we chose the Omni on the Magnificent Mile. We had stayed there on several other occasions. The best thing about the Omni is its central location to just about everything to do in Chicago, especially shopping and dining. The rooms are clean and comfortable with excellent amenities. The only negatives are the tube television in the bedroom (which needs to be carted to the landfill) and the somewhat noisy HVAC system. I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: The corner room are larger with better views.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank NCSmokey
Omni_Manager, Manager at Omni Chicago Hotel, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Congratulations on your wedding anniversary. Thanks for choosing to stay with us. We will be upgrading our televisions during our upcoming renovation. We hope you'll come back next year to celebrate.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (390)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

Nice rooms. Excellent service. If you're looking for great shopping or dining, then you can't beat the location.

Service was outstanding. The rooms were small suites. I wish I had extended my stay. Definitely worth the price.

• Stayed December 2012
Madison, WI
Reviewed December 16, 2012

I stayed at the Omni with my family for a weekend and had a great experience. I have 2 small children, and the hotel staff was so nice to them - it felt like they wanted families to stay there.
Before we even got to the desk to check in, the bell staff gave each child a goodie bag with small toys and crayons. Check in was fast and easy, and we were in our room in minutes. Our suite was great. The sitting room has a wet bar, couch, coffee table and desk and still had plenty of room for the kids to play. There was a separate bedroom and a nice bath as well. An the first night we stayed, they brought milk & cookies for the boys.
On Sunday we ate breakfast at 676 (the restaurant) and they have a fantastic, reasonably priced buffet.
All of this was great, bit what really made the visit was our encounters with the staff. From the bell staff to the concierge to the housekeeping staff EVERY PERSON was gracious and happy to help. I have traveled extensively, and the inky other staff I have encountered that compared was the staff at the Elysian (now the Chicago Waldorf Astoria). AMAZING! We will certainly come back!

• Stayed December 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We're more than happy to have our hotel mentioned in the same sentence as area five star hotels. Our goal is always to strive for five star level service for our guests, and we're glad we provided that for you and your family. Please come back next time you are in Chicago.
Shreveport, Louisiana
Reviewed December 12, 2012

This is the second time this year that I was able to stay downtown for business at the Omni. This is my first choice for several reasons. The first is that it’s only about a mile from my office so I can walk back and forth quite easily. The location is also great for restaurants and shopping since it’s right on Michigan Ave.

The service here is top notch. I am a select guest (free to sign up) so I can check in online and pick up my room key when I arrive without having to wait in line to register. I also get free beverage service in the morning and free internet access in my room. This last trip I had a wonderful room on the 7th floor right above the gym balcony. It was a corner room facing both Huron and Rush, and at the end of the hall so it was quiet for the most part. There is some noise from ambulances, but that was not very often and I didn’t have trouble sleeping through the night even though I am a very light sleeper. This is a city after all and for staying on the 7th floor, the hotel was very quiet as quiet as my previous stay on the 16th floor.

Here are some other great benefits of the hotel:

-Very nice modern gym facility with cardio (TVs built in, headphones provided) and weights, towels and wet wipes for cleaning the equipment after use. I work out at every hotel I stay at so excellent fitness centers are a big plus for me.

-Online room service orders with prompt delivery. I ordered breakfast the first morning and it was delivered right on time using the online service. The second night I ordered dinner using the online service again for an 8pm delivery due to a late meeting. When that meeting ended early, I called down to see if I could move my order up and got it just 10 minutes later. The In-Room Dining Manager that night went out of her way to ensure that I got the right tea flavor that I specified, accommodated my change in delivery time and promptly sent up a staff member to remove my tray as soon as I was done. Her friendly demeanor and attention to detail set the Omni miles above other hotels that I have stayed at. I wish I had gotten her name so I could personally thank her yet again for her exceptional service.

-Top-notch transportation team. On the first day of my trip, it was quite cold so instead of walking I asked the doorman to catch a cab. Instead of hailing a cab, he offered me complimentary car service to my office location which was a nice surprise and very welcomed.

-Finally the Front Desk Manager called me the night before my departure to make sure I had transportation to the airport and that everything I needed was taken care of. That’s an extra personal touch that you really don’t get at the big chain hotels (unless you are top tier) and makes me feel like I am a special customer who is treated very well every time I stay.

If you are looking for a great hotel in Chicago where you will be treated like a guest who matters and stay in a well appointed, quiet suite, this is the place for you.

Room Tip: Corner rooms towards the back of the hotel and at the end of the hall are very quiet. If you face Mi...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
You must stay at many places through the year as a business traveler, so we greatly appreciate your endorsement. Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Chicago.
New York City, New York
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I had a wonderful stay at the Omni. It is in a great location, near lots of shopping and easily accessible to many of the sites. My room was upgraded to a suite which was lovely and quite large. The facility is really beautiful with clean and well appointed rooms. A+!

Room Tip: My room was on the main street, but was still very quiet.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Caroline B
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed December 4, 2012

College reunion gone great! Loved this property! Stayed here with 3 friends from college. The room was perfect - 2 beds in separate bedroom and fold-out sofa. We had plenty of room and had a blast! The ONLY thing I can say is we wish there was more light in the room. We had to do our makeup by the window so we could see but everything else was wonderful! Starbucks available in the lobby and we cannot say enough about the location - perfect! We liked the security feature of having to take 2 elevators to get to the rooms - our peace of mind far out-weighed what some consider an inconvenience. I will be returning with the family!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
indianapolis, IN
Reviewed December 4, 2012

We got a deal through Hotwire and stayed here for one night. Thanks to TA I joined their select guest program. We did get the Starbucks in the morning, which was great, but no water and no newspaper. Maybe because I only joined the day before... The location is great--perfect for our shopping trip. Everything was within walking distance. The room was pretty nice, just looked a little worn. The carpet was rippled in the center of the room and one tile was cracked in the bathroom. The bed was very comfortable and we had a nice view. I enjoyed the pool. My only real complaint was the woman who checked us in seemed a bit snobbish and not very friendly. Otherwise it was a nice stay but I'll probably check out other places on my next trip to Chicago.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank teamom01
We apologize that our front desk agent didn't make you feel welcome when you arrived. It's our top priority to make all our guests feel comfortable like they are walking into their own home. We will pass along your comments to make sure that we emphasize this to all our agents.