“Another Excellent Stay”
Review of Omni Chicago Hotel

Omni Chicago Hotel
Ranked #41 of 191 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed December 12, 2012

This is the second time this year that I was able to stay downtown for business at the Omni. This is my first choice for several reasons. The first is that it’s only about a mile from my office so I can walk back and forth quite easily. The location is also great for restaurants and shopping since it’s right on Michigan Ave.

The service here is top notch. I am a select guest (free to sign up) so I can check in online and pick up my room key when I arrive without having to wait in line to register. I also get free beverage service in the morning and free internet access in my room. This last trip I had a wonderful room on the 7th floor right above the gym balcony. It was a corner room facing both Huron and Rush, and at the end of the hall so it was quiet for the most part. There is some noise from ambulances, but that was not very often and I didn’t have trouble sleeping through the night even though I am a very light sleeper. This is a city after all and for staying on the 7th floor, the hotel was very quiet as quiet as my previous stay on the 16th floor.

Here are some other great benefits of the hotel:

-Very nice modern gym facility with cardio (TVs built in, headphones provided) and weights, towels and wet wipes for cleaning the equipment after use. I work out at every hotel I stay at so excellent fitness centers are a big plus for me.

-Online room service orders with prompt delivery. I ordered breakfast the first morning and it was delivered right on time using the online service. The second night I ordered dinner using the online service again for an 8pm delivery due to a late meeting. When that meeting ended early, I called down to see if I could move my order up and got it just 10 minutes later. The In-Room Dining Manager that night went out of her way to ensure that I got the right tea flavor that I specified, accommodated my change in delivery time and promptly sent up a staff member to remove my tray as soon as I was done. Her friendly demeanor and attention to detail set the Omni miles above other hotels that I have stayed at. I wish I had gotten her name so I could personally thank her yet again for her exceptional service.

-Top-notch transportation team. On the first day of my trip, it was quite cold so instead of walking I asked the doorman to catch a cab. Instead of hailing a cab, he offered me complimentary car service to my office location which was a nice surprise and very welcomed.

-Finally the Front Desk Manager called me the night before my departure to make sure I had transportation to the airport and that everything I needed was taken care of. That’s an extra personal touch that you really don’t get at the big chain hotels (unless you are top tier) and makes me feel like I am a special customer who is treated very well every time I stay.

If you are looking for a great hotel in Chicago where you will be treated like a guest who matters and stay in a well appointed, quiet suite, this is the place for you.

Room Tip: Corner rooms towards the back of the hotel and at the end of the hall are very quiet. If you face Mi...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Omni_Manager, Manager at Omni Chicago Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2012

You must stay at many places through the year as a business traveler, so we greatly appreciate your endorsement. Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Chicago.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,724)

Reviewed December 11, 2012

I had a wonderful stay at the Omni. It is in a great location, near lots of shopping and easily accessible to many of the sites. My room was upgraded to a suite which was lovely and quite large. The facility is really beautiful with clean and well appointed rooms. A+!

Room Tip: My room was on the main street, but was still very quiet.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Caroline B
Reviewed December 4, 2012

College reunion gone great! Loved this property! Stayed here with 3 friends from college. The room was perfect - 2 beds in separate bedroom and fold-out sofa. We had plenty of room and had a blast! The ONLY thing I can say is we wish there was more light in the room. We had to do our makeup by the window so we could see but everything else was wonderful! Starbucks available in the lobby and we cannot say enough about the location - perfect! We liked the security feature of having to take 2 elevators to get to the rooms - our peace of mind far out-weighed what some consider an inconvenience. I will be returning with the family!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 4, 2012

We got a deal through Hotwire and stayed here for one night. Thanks to TA I joined their select guest program. We did get the Starbucks in the morning, which was great, but no water and no newspaper. Maybe because I only joined the day before... The location is great--perfect for our shopping trip. Everything was within walking distance. The room was pretty nice, just looked a little worn. The carpet was rippled in the center of the room and one tile was cracked in the bathroom. The bed was very comfortable and we had a nice view. I enjoyed the pool. My only real complaint was the woman who checked us in seemed a bit snobbish and not very friendly. Otherwise it was a nice stay but I'll probably check out other places on my next trip to Chicago.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank teamom01

We apologize that our front desk agent didn't make you feel welcome when you arrived. It's our top priority to make all our guests feel comfortable like they are walking into their own home. We will pass along your comments to make sure that we emphasize this to all our agents.

Reviewed December 4, 2012

Never been to Chicago before and couldnt believe we had picked the perfect choice of hotel for my Husband & I.for five nights in the "Windy City" We had a superb junior suite on the 24th floor with a lounge with wet bar, separate bedroom and bathroom - the breakfast buffet was superb and we ate most nights in the Hotel restaurant.which was also excellent The staff were extremely helpful and nothing was too much trouble. The location of the hotel is perfect for shopping etc.
We also enjoyed the city tour and the Architectural cruise and the trolley tour - Gray Line had a shuttle to collect and return you to the hotel which was brilliant. Would certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: high floor - plenty hotel lifts
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 2, 2012

My friends and I loved our stay at the Omni. We could walk to hours and hours of shopping on Michigan Avenue (American Girl, Disney, Crate & Barrell, Tiffany's, Gap, etc.). We walked to some great restaurants (Ralphs and Quartino were awesome!) as well as a fun show at The Baton. The breakfast buffet was amazing with made to order omletes, homemade preserves, homemade sausage with blueberries, pastries, fresh berries and other fruit, potatos, and much more! We had excellent service, and a perfectly clean room.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Omni, is just off the Magnificent Mile across from the Apple Store. It is convenient to all the shopping you'd want to do and 2 blocks over and 2 blocks up from the Red line, so easy to walk to after you take the train from Midway Airport. No need to rent a car and deal with the hassles and expensive parking associated with city driving.

We booked thru Hotels.com, great deal for three nights stay. We had a suite on the 21st floor, and initially we cringed when we discovered we were the room against the elevator shaft. It turned out to be a non-issue, as the rooms were quite quiet from elevator noise. All the rooms apparently are suites and ours was no exception. There is a sitting area with a big screen tv and a walk thru bathroom the links the sitting area to the sleeping area. There is also a second entrance to the sleeping area from the sitting room. My only gripe was a basic tv in the bedroom and the flat screen in the sitting area. Either swap them or get a nicer tv in the sleeping area.

There was turn down service every night, and the staff was all very friendly. We've made this trip on the first weekend of December for a few years now, always eploring new hotels with each visit. I think this one will be a repeatable location for us.

Room Tip: Go as high as you can to minimize the noise from Michigan Ave, but it's not really bad anyway.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Thanks for choosing to stay with us during your annual Chicago trip. As far as the TVs are concerned, we will be upgrading both TVs to flat screens during our renovation. We're so glad you enjoyed your stay, and we hope to see you next December.