“Very Pleased”
Review of Omni Chicago Hotel

Omni Chicago Hotel
Ranked #31 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed March 25, 2008

We stayed 3 nights at the Omni for "Spring Break," and had a great time in spite of the snow. Location was perfect and having the suite set-up worked well with the kids. Service was excellent - very friendly and helpful. We enjoyed the Select Guests benefits of free wireless internet and the morning beverage service with optional add-on bagels (for a fee). Cookies and milk were delivered with the turndown service. The cookies won't win any awards, but it was a nice gesture. The pool is not as large or impressive as some, but the kids enjoyed it every night nonetheless. Workout facility is on the small side but clean and well-kept, and I never had to wait for a treadmill (there are 3). We will stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank SLS006
Omni_Manager, Manager at Omni Chicago Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2008

Despite the lack of warm weather, we are so glad that you enjoyed your stay at the Omni Chicago Hotel. Thank you for your review of the hotel and for joining our Select Guest program. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed March 11, 2008

The best part of my stay at the Omni (for a conference held at the hotel) was by far the hotel staff: the front desk clerks were cheerful and efficient, the concierge pleasant and helpful, and the housekeepers responsive to requests. On the other hand, the Omni is both the noisiest and dustiest hotel I have ever stayed in. It apparently is located directly on the hospital route...ambulances screamed by at all hours of the day and night. One night there was a weird drumming (I am was on the 11th floor) that lasted about 90 minutes; during the day there was lots of drilling noise, which presumably will go away once the reno is finished. The upside of the noise was that it provided unexpected entertainment--sitting on the toilet, with a vent directly above, it is possible to hear every single word of the conversations taking place in an adjacent room. An eavesdropper's delight! Aside from the noise, the hotel was dusty--everywhere. In my room; in the conference meetings room; the the bar; in the business center--in short, every facility I used at this hotel needed a thorough cleaning. When I checked into my room, I opened the curtain behind the bed, and to my disgust, it seemed as if every previous tenant of the room had left his or her hand, nose or lip print on the window. It was so gross I asked housekeeping to clean it up--which to their credit they did promptly.

What others have said about the weird layout of the rooms was true for me, although it was not a major inconvenience or distraction. It did seem odd, though, that there was no light switch in the bathroom adjacent to the entry door from the bedroom side of the suite.

The location of this hotel is superb, and it's fine for what it is--a fair-to-middlin' hotel. It is not four-star and it is not luxe, but it gets the job done.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled on business
2  Thank amherst_reader
Omni_Manager, E-commerce Manager at Omni Chicago Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2008

We are sorry that your stay was negatively affected by our recent renovations. We have since completed the renovation of our guest rooms and lobby. Thank you for your patience during your stay with our engineering crew as we worked to upgrade the property. We welcome you to return to the Omni Chicago Hotel for a peaceful, relaxing stay.

Reviewed March 4, 2008

We went to Chicago for a quick getaway, I picked this hotel because it we right in the center of the Magnificient Mile. Only problem was finding the hotel, sorta, you actually have to turn onto E. Huron St., that is where the enterance to the hotel is. This hotel is exactly where you would want to stay it you don't want to mess around with driving around looking for places. Perfect location!

When we figured that out, it was wonderful from then on, the bell man was great, very nice and friendly, we used Valet parking which was a little high, but standard. Check in was quick and easy. Our room was great! You have amenities better than standard, two robes, electronic safe, umbrella, bath salts, mouthwash, bubble bath and standard shampoos and lotions. The towels were huge, the blow dryer was just like mine at home, not those tiny little one attached to the wall. Great view!

We also visited the hotel lounge, very nice, quick and good service. One thing if you are going to visit this city, be prepared to spend alot of money, if you are going be drinking, buy before you come, I had a Grey Goose and Oj, my husband had a bottle of Bud Light and this cost $26.00, whew, I was a little shocked. It was this way just about everywhere we stopped. I would also recommend going to Giodarnos, it is close to the hotel and the stuffed pizza it Excellent!!! Definetely would stay at this hotel again

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ktreder
Reviewed March 2, 2008

On a recent trip to visit family in Chicago and Milwaukee, I was able to stay at the Intercontinental in Chicago at the beginning of my trip, and to stay at the Omni for my last night in Chicago.

Let me say, for some reason they are ranked as 5 star hotels, but the Omni is a TRUE 5 star hotel! It made my experience at the Intercontinental seem like something you would get at a Holiday Inn.

The room, a very clean, functional, modern and comfortable suite.

Room service food was promptly delivered, of excellent quality and of the correct temperature.

Staff, friendly and competent.

Location is perfect. Right in the middle of it all on North Michigan Avenue.

In short... when in Chicago, stay at the Omni!

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank slynsobe
Reviewed March 1, 2008

arrived for 4 day visit to chicago with my 19 yr old daughter and good friend. stayed in a suite, very decent price, on 24th floor. room was fine for 3 of us. hotel staff were friendly and accomodating. perfect location for shopping or sight seeing. would certainly stay here again for location and price alone. we signed up to be a "select" omni member before our stay and we got free coffee in the morning plus papers as well as free wifi. highly recommend becoming a "select preferred" quest. just sign up on web site. We have stayed at Talbott before and loved it until construction caused lots of noise. cafe lux around corner as well as try "tempo" for a great breakfast. have fun and enjoy.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank ilovenyc
Reviewed February 29, 2008

We stayed at the Omni on a Saturday. The hotel was crowded because Chicago was hosting the national dental convention. Our check in was quick and the room was clean and nice. All of their rooms are suites, so they were very spacious.
When you enter the hotel, you have to go up one elevator to get to the lobby, then take a different elevator to get to your room. They can't really change that, but it was a bit annoying.
In the morning, we called the front desk to get a train schedule. They told me to come down and look on-line at the business center. I didn't feel like doing that so the clerk said she would call me back shortly. About 1/2 hour passed and she still hadn't called back (we were afraid we'd miss our train). I went downstairs and there were 4 staff members chatting and ignoring me. When I asked the clerk about the schedule she said, "Oh, Yea" and printed it out for me. Not even an apology for never calling back.
We did not pay full price for the hotel (we got it for $125 on priceline). The normal price is $300, but I do not think it's worth it. The staff should be much more attentive and the hotel should be nicer for $300 per night.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with friends
1  Thank alpine11
Omni_Manager, E-commerce manager at Omni Chicago Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2008

We apologize that you did not receive the information for your train schedule in a timely matter. We pride ourselves on treating all guests with the same high level of service regardless of how much they pay for a room. Your candid review of our property is appreciated. We welcome you to return to the Omni Chicago Hotel.

Reviewed February 25, 2008

Just returned from a quick business trip to Chicago and stayed at this property. We were on the 24th floor in a corner suite and it was great. The room was clean and the nightly turn down service was awesome! The room had free WiFi and a great view overlooking Michigan Avenue and the rest of downtown. The gym facilities and pool/hot tub area are sufficient. My only complaint is the lack of quality concierge service. We were disappointed with every recommendation they made. Oh well, a lesson learned there! Overall a great place to stay.

Stayed: February 2008