3,967 results
All reviewsselect guestmichigan avenuegreat locationthe magnificent milethe american girl packageapple storewet barcorner suitesitting roomturn down serviceliving areathird floormag mileflat screenbell staffeach morningroom service
Reviewed July 25, 2012

The hotel is within walking distance of everything really! It is very pretty and being my first visit to Chicago was just the experience I was looking for.
We actually even had an issue with our AC unit in the room one night and the maintenance guys were quick to respond, and we were also given a credit to use at the hotel restaurant, very nice of them!
I would stay here is again staff and everything made for a great stay

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 21, 2012

Chose this hotel because we had a couple free nights to use. Didn't regret it at all. This hotel is in a great location on Michigan avenue. The hotel is within the price range as most of the other hotels in this area. Its walking distance to attractions and shopping. Located within 2 blocks of the Metra and buses.

The hotel itself is very nice, with courteous staff and great amenities including a pool and fitness center which we didn't use. The suite layout was perfect since we were staying with friends. It allows some privacy for those who want to stay up a bit later. The shower facilities were great with bath salts included. There was a small refrigerator in the room as well as a sink and electric kettle. Didn't eat at the hotel since there are so many great restaurants all around.

The only inconvenience to this hotel was that you had to use two separate elevators to get to your room. After a long day on you feet this can seem a bit of a nuisance but other than that its a great hotel.Would definitely recommend it if staying in Chicago.

Room Tip: higher floors have a better view. rooms on the northern and Eastern side have a view of the John Hancock Tower and the Magnificent Mile.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Omni_Manager, Manager at Omni Chicago Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2012

While you do have to take two elevators to get to your guestroom, it does provide an extra measure of safety as we want to make sure only registered guests are on the guest floors late in the evening. We hope you will come stay with us again.

Reviewed July 19, 2012

The location was perfect for us. Right in the middle of the mag mile. Walking distance to almost everything you might want to do. A few blocks from the Chicago train station. The rooms are spacious and we chose this hotel due to the suite set up. It is really nice to have a place to sit after walking all day. I wish there were two ottomans instead of one. It would also be nice to have a refrigerator and microwave near the wet bar. Two TVs, one in the living room and one in the bedroom. Iron in room and even starch available. Large bathroom with good lighting. Very clean. Staff was very friendly. We arrived very early, there is a luggage storage room for you to place your things and start your vacation right away. The front desk called when our room was ready. Be sure to join the select guest program before you go for free wifi—otherwise it is $10/day PER DEVICE. They charged us by mistake, but fixed it at checkout in just a few minutes. The business center there lets you print your boarding passes for free; a charge for using it otherwise. Overall, we were pleased with our stay and would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 19, 2012

This hotel was a treat for us since we usually stay at more modestly priced hotels. The helpfulness of the staff was excellent. We were pleased with how friendly everyone was even those that we just met in passing.
The only reason I did not give a 5 star was because the pool was not open for part of our visit and the spa was not open for the entire time. One of the reasons we choose the hotel was because of the availability of a pool and spa. I wish they would have told us of the closing when we made the reservations since this seemed to be a planned closure. All in all it was a great visit.
The spa was being worked on the day we left, July 16, and was to be open that day so all should be fine now.

Room Tip: Pool and workout room were on the 5th floor so that may be a good floor for families or those who wish to use those areas often.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Omni_Manager, Manager at Omni Chicago Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2012

We do apologize for the whirlpool closure. The project took longer than we anticipated. It has now been installed, inspected and is open for use for our guests.

Reviewed July 17, 2012

I would like to take a moment to talk about my stay at the Omni Hotel in Chicago (6/26-7/2). My complaints were: having to use 2 seperate elevators to get to my room, that my carpet had a strange dampness to it, and the lack of appliances. Since my stay was 6 nights, these details were probably more noticeable. I did call for a mini fridge, which they promptly installed and I should have asked if a microwave was also available, but I did not. While I may have used these "inconveniences" as a reason to consider staying elsewhere next time, the customer service I received completely outshined those things. My friend and I were there for a nursing conference and both stayed at the Omni. From the moment we arrived, the doorman, Mirham, welcomed us with such a genuine smile and pleasantness. As busy as he was he took the time to introduce himself, get our names and a little background info on us and offered to help with anything during our stay. Being a manager in healthcare who has attended numerous customer service courses, I know that they are all "trained" to do these things however, I must admit I was very surprised when Mirham greeted me by my name the next morning and every time he saw me during my stay. I watched how busy they can get with people constantly arriving and departing, needing directions or a cab, & assisting with luggage. His ability to to tend to everyone's needs and still take time to greet his guests by name and make them feel special is the truest example of GREAT customer service!
All of the staff were wonderful. The front desk clerks were very polite and accomodating to my requests and ensured I was happy with my room. The housekeepers did an excellent job of cleaning my room and were always so friendly and smiling when I would see them. I even declined turndown service one evening but did have her help me decide on which shoes to wear. She really took the time to talk with me and help me make a decision and I think we both enjoyed just having a conversation with each other. Every single staff member I came in contact with during my week stay was professional, courteous, and made me feel important.
Everytime I walked into their hotel I felt like I was at home. Recognition is extremely important so please let your staff know that what they are doing IS truly making an impact and is not going unnoticed. I have told numerous people about my experience at the Omni Chicago and will reccommend you to everyone I know. I look forward to returning in the very near future.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of Michigan Ave as high up as possible for a great view. A little noisy on Michigan but not too noticeable
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business

We certainly do pass along reviews to our staff, and we will be sure to share these comments with them. We look forward to having you back next time you are in Chicago.