Omni Chicago Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$317
$233
Sofitel
  • Restaurant
The James Chicago-Magnificent Mile(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$189
  • Room Service
$595
$447
  • Pool
La Quinta Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$233
Warwick Allerton-Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$194
$141
  • Room Service
Hotel Versey - Days Inn Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$159
$144
Hotels.com
3,805 results
All reviewsselect guestmichigan avenuegreat locationthe american girl packagethe magnificent mileapple storewet barcorner suitedoor staffturn down serviceliving areathird floormag milebell staffeach morningvalet parkingwater tower
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 25, 2012

We had a great experience here in the summer of 2011. I was looking for a suite hotel for our family of four in the Mag Mile area of Chicago, and this fit the bill. I actually booked the wrong type of room at first - please note that not all suites sleep four. When I realized this, I contacted the staff and was taken care of for no additional charge (the room that slept four was at a higher rate).

Also, for a suite, these rooms are a bit small. The room was clean and nicely appointed and the size wasn't too much of a problem, but I wouldn't want more than four people in this suite. Also, the doors between the bedroom and living room are made of glass and aren't soundproof. We like a separate sleeping area from the kids in order to stay up later and watch tv, but it wasn't too easy to do with this set up. It definitely worked, but it just wasn't ideal.

We were overlooking the Mag Mile, which was nice, and we were in a corner room with plenty of windows and natural light. We were there over Lalapalooza (not on purpose), and there were a lot of ambulances every night on the Mag Mile over that weekend. The nights were a little loud until our last night, which was a Sunday night and Lalapalooza was over. I'm not sure that I would like a room overlooking the Mag Mile again.

From being accommodated before I arrived to the staff that greeted us every time we walked in and out of the hotel and helped us with directions, I was very impressed. I would definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 24, 2012

We stayed here for 4ngts in January, I wished it was longer. The staff are lovely, helpful - especially the concierge, and very friendly from the front desk, to doormen, to cleaning staff. Well situated on the Magnificent Mile and rooms also clean & spacious. Will definitely stay here again whenever I go back to Chicago.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 23, 2012

Shortly after we made our reservation we were contacted by a Manager at the Omni asking if there was anything else they could do for us to make our trip extra special. My husband told them he was surprising me for our 25th anniversary and they were kind enough to hang a "Congratulations" banner in our room and have a beautifully decorated cake waiting for us.

The service was top notch from the door man to the front desk. Housekeeping went out of their way to make sure we had everything we needed. We would definately stay there again next time we visit.

Room Tip: We had a corner room that had great views.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded June 29, 2012

Congratulations on your 25th anniversary! We're so glad we could help make your celebration extra special.

Reviewed June 19, 2012

Was it the best room I have ever stayed in? No. Is it the most "luxurious" hotel? No. But, it simply has one of, if not, THE best hotel staffs I have ever encountered. From the front desk, to concierge, to doormen, to cleaning staff, to the bartenders and waitresses in the bar/restaurant, every single one of them was friendly, helpful, and eager to assist. Not only that, but there is an ample amount of this over achieving staff, so you never even have to wait for the excellent service. They even FedEx'd some items I had left in the room to me at their own expense, even after I offered the use of my account. Other than that, it's in a very convenient location right off Michigan Ave and just a few blocks from State, Rush, and the Red Line. Granted, this is no value hotel, but it does deliver in the most crucial factor in having a good stay: service.

Room Tip: Northerly views are limited below floor 15 or so.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 19, 2012

I've just returned from four nights at Omni Chicago. Although we chose the hotel because it was hosting the meetings my spouse was attending, it proved to be a perfect location for my tourist activities. The hotel is walking distance to many Chicago attractions, and its location on the "Mile" means it is in the thick of the restaurant and shopping district. Staff were polite and professional if not overly-friendly, and the concierge desk is staffed long hours by knowledgeable people who recommended tours and attractions to suit my interests, and made reservations at a number of great restaurants while respecting our request to be sent to local eateries rather than popular tourist traps. In fact, the only "trap" we encountered was the hotel's own restaurant, where I had breakfast. I guess high prices are par for hotels in tourist areas, but $5 for coffee is just plain gouging. With coffee, even lighter menu choices add up to near $20 -- same price as the full buffet.
We booked a suite with doors between the bedroom and the sitting area, to allow one to get ready for early morning meetings while the other slept in.The room assigned was small, looked well used, and did not have the requested doors. The staff did relocate us to a larger suite with doors, but could only give us a lower floor, facing noisy Michigan Ave. This affects my rating of the hotel -- we called three times to ensure our specific room requests were noted, but still ended up with something different. And as other reviewers have mentioned, the rooms are soon due for some refreshing, although quite comfortable and very, very clean. (Even when towels were hung up to re-use, they were replaced, sometimes twice a day -- not very environmentally friendly.)
We enjoyed a low rate due to the associated meetings, which offsets some of the disappointment. And the super location makes this, and other downtown hotels, a good choice for anyone visiting Chicago as a tourist. (Tip: the Chicago Trolley hop-on, hop-off bus and the architectural boat tour are each "must-do".)

Room Tip: If a quiet room is important, ask for a higher floor, far away from Michigan. Otherwise, sirens at night and buses in the early morning will disrupt your sleep.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank WineLoverOttawa
Management response:Responded June 29, 2012

We're glad you enjoyed your stay overall and your room type, but we're sorry we couldn't accommodate your room location away from Michigan Avenue. We certainly try our best to fulfill all requests. We hope the positives outweigh any negatives you experienced and that you'll come back on your next trip to Chicago.