3,967 results
All reviewsselect guestmichigan avenuegreat locationthe american girl packagethe magnificent mileapple storewet barcorner suitesitting roomturn down serviceliving areathird floormag mileflat screenbell staffeach morningroom service
Reviewed December 27, 2011

My Wife and I stayed at the Omni Chicago for our weekend before Christmas. This was an annual event prior to all the family gatherings over the Holidays (missed a couple of years due to other obligations). We picked the Omni because they were running a special during this time. Our room was only $109.00 for the night 100 yards from Michigan Avenue in Downtown Chicago. The hotel is an all suite hotel with a seperate living room and king size bedroom. The key to this hotel beside it being all suites are the people. From the Bellmen to the cleaning people everyone is so friendly, they make you feel like you are at a home away from home. We have stayed here in the past and it is the same atmosphere every time. I am like everyone else, look for the deal and take it, but I am so impressed with the people at this hotel, I do not think I would stay anywhere else the next time we want to spend a weekend downtown. We are only 35 ninutes from Chicago and enjoy a few weekends a year in the big City. Our next trip will be for the air show, if not sooner, we are planning on the Omni for our stay. I hope we catch another deal, but for the air show we will be shooting for a corner suite to get a good view of the show from our room also. We are looking forward to our next stay. Valet parking is a bit expensive, but I knew my car would be taken care of, I believe they use a private garage, not a public garage. Rooms are clean and nicely decorated.

Room Tip: Room overlooking Michigan Avenue on an upper floor. total of 25 floors.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank npc2010
Reviewed December 27, 2011

We spent Christmas with our children and grandkids in Chicago. We chose the Omni for it's reasonable rates and location.
The rooms were good.
The staff were exceptional. Despite working on Christmas Day they were all very very friendly and efficient. ....every single one without exception.
We will go back there in summer for a weekend!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Omni_Manager, Manager at Omni Chicago Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2012

It's great to hear our staff took good care of your family during the holidays. We look forward to seeing you again this summer.

Reviewed December 15, 2011

We spent 1 night at this property to celebrate our anniversary the day after Thanksgiving. We were able to check in early at 11:30 am and head out for some Black Friday shopping. The hotel is very close to the epicenter of shopping. All of the rooms are suites (on the small side, but nice still), and we enjoyed having a dvd player to play a movie (we never seem to have time at home with 3 young kids, so this was great). The rooms could use some updated furnishings, but the bed was still heavenly. Roomy bath also.

We ate at the breakfast buffet the next morning. Also wonderful. We had a late checkout so we were able to relax for a good while after breakfast (it was rainy out, and we were done shopping). Will stay here again if the price is right.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Omni_Manager, Manager at Omni Chicago Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2011

Thanks for choosing to stay with us during your Christmas shopping outing. We're glad you had a good time relaxing in the room as well with your family. We hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed December 13, 2011

Took a weekday trip to Chi town to relax and enjoy some shopping for the holidays. the Omni is a great bet as its steps (literally) from Mich Ave and the great shops (located across the street from the Apple store).
I will say I'm a bit biased as I travel to Chicago as often as I can for business as its one of my favorite cities.
Omni is a nice hotel for the price. Be sure to join the free rewards club thing as it gives you free coffee and tea service delievered to your door in the morning (to your specified time...hang the ticket on the door and its there in the morning). I can't speak to the coffee ( taste wise) but the tea service was wonderful.
Walk two blocks south on Mich to Ann Taylor/ Loft and turn right. About two blocks down on left is great inexpensive place for breakfast (huge...so it lasts until dinner)...its called Eggsexperience.
Sorry, back to the hotel. I didn't spend a lot of time in the room...but its centrally located, our room as quite (even located next to the elevator), the bed was comfy and the WiFi worked great. The free water (with member club thing) was pretty bad...more of a taste perference thing...some people are fine with it. The ammenties in the bathroom were nice and I liked that the sliding doors that allowed DH to get ready while I slept (without the light on and water running in the same room).
Make a reservation at Volare for a truely great dinner (couple blocks from hotel)...skip House of Blues as food is awful and this time when we went for drinks and to listen to the band in the bar they had a cover charge. Not worth it as there are more than a few great FREE places to enjoy music and jazz in Chi Town.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed December 12, 2011

Great location, very nice, except for the very potent air freshener smells in the lobbies, halls, and rooms. We asked not to spray the room, which they didn't, but the smells from former stays still bothered me.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends