“Perfect stay!!!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Beverwijk, The Netherlands
“Perfect stay!!!”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Classy hotel, well located and very nice view from King river view room.
Helpful and friendly staff. It's located near busstops, metro (CTA), shopping and other attractions. We loved the style of the hotel and when you become a member (free), you will get some perks like 10 dollar for the mini bar.
For my wife's birthday the housekeeping staff made a birthday cake out of towels.
The window seat was perfect. We enjoyed the view very much.
The bed (King) was very good. We slept very well and didn't hear any noise of other guests.
Thanks hotel Monaco for a perfect stay!!!

Room Tip: River view room (King)
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Unravelling
MarcoScherer, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Chicago, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Unravelling,

Yay! So glad to see that you got to enjoy your stay with us, and your wife had a lovely birthday in Chicago!!

We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Marco Scherer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (691)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed November 3, 2013

The staff and their exceptional service earned this hotel the top rating from me. This is the 2nd time I stayed at a Kimpton hotel, and it confirmed that Kimpton understands travelers' needs. Front desk made sure I had a room to my liking, checkout was super fast, and they had a taxi ready waiting for me. All the staff from front desk, housekeeping, restaurant/bar to the bell boy were excellent. I also appreciated The full size hair dryer as well as the wine hour. Kimpton, keep up the good work!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Kaypwin
MarcoScherer, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Chicago, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Kaypeewin,

Thank you so much for completing the online review. Our Forgot It We Got Program has some great items that is usually forgotten when traveling, and having a full size salon hairdryer available to our guests is just as important as nail clippers!

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed November 2, 2013

This Kimpton property in Chicago is truly well located for a visit to Chicago, close to shopping and other attractions, including river cruises and art museums. We stayed in a suite which has window seats that overlook the river. All the staff were extremely helpful and friendly. The adjoining restaurant has similar great service as well as creative and value menu. We will definitely recommend this hotel to friends.

Room Tip: Rooms that overlook the river have great views. Join the In Touch Loyalty program (free) to get fre...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank IskandarT
IskandarT,

Thank you for leaving us a nice review on tripadvisor! The window seats in the suites are very special as they are so big and gives an amazing view to the city, glad to see that you got to enjoy them.

New York City, New York
Reviewed October 31, 2013

I stayed here for a business meeting in town. I also recently made Inner Circle membership, so decided to stay here to see if they treated frequent customers any differently.

The hotel is stylishly decorated. It seemed to me to be sort of a mid-20th century high-end design, which is very consistent with all Kimptons. The lobby had complementary water for guests, as well as an evening wine hour. At check-in, I was automatically upgraded to a corner suite, which consists of a living room (office desk/chair, sofabed, and TV), bedroom (TV, chaise), and bathroom with hottub and separate shower. The front desk also acknowledged that it was my birthday, and gave us a coupon for 2 glasses of champagne and dessert at the South Water Kitchen.

The room was very clean. The office desk had ample power outlets and usb charging ports that carried enough voltage for tablets (very nice perk). TV channels were responsive. The king bed was plush and the comforter was great. The room also had 4 window seats that peered onto the street! Night scenery of the city and river was spectacular. The hotel also delivered a bottle of house red wine and dessert with cheese platter in the evening! The only complaint that I can truly comment on was that the heat seemed inadequate for the size of the room. There is probably quite a bit of heat loss from the large windows and uneven distribution from the heat registers.

Overall, Kimpton did a wonderful job with this location. They do seem to treat their elite members a little bit better than other chain hotels that I have stayed in. Location is very convenient to public transit and other venues. I would definitely stay here again and recommend this to others.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Patrick C
Patrick,

Thank you for staying with us and completing the tripadvisor review. We definitely want our Inner Circle members to feel special, and nothing is more special than helping celebrate your birthday with some wine and dessert!

We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Succasunna, New Jersey
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Not sure where to begin without repeating what others before me have said but I just wanted to add my voice to the chorus of positivity about this place.
A few things that stood out...

Staff- Excellent is an understatement... from the doorman, to the bell hop to the front desk to the concierge, everyone was super, no request was unanswered.

The rooms- I was given an upgrade to a Suite (thanks front desk!!) The room was great! Two flat screens with High Def channels, honor bar, very comfy bed and good pillows... Bathroom had a whirlpool tub with a shower. One thing I noticed too is that this hotel is pet friendly and there was no indication anywhere in the hotel that any animal had ever been there. Just goes to show that a little extra cleaning can go a long way... and makes me wonder why more hotels are not pet friendly.

Food- I was there for a business meeting and the Monaco catered it. Everything was very good, imaginative and excellent quality.

This place is well worth the cost of a room, if you want to be treated like royalty, even if it is just for one night..

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Paul C
Paul,

Wow! What a nice review, thank you so much for taking the time and leaving it. We're very proud of our amazing team and how much they genuinely enjoy taking care of our guests. Their year's of expertise goes a long way. We're a very pet friendly company. We don't charge any deposits or extra fees to our guests that bring pets. We don't even have restrictions on the pet sizes or number of pets. We do keep them on some particular floors, so that our other guests that have allergies are not bothered by them.

Thank you again.

Louisville, Nebraska, United States
Reviewed October 30, 2013

I took my daughter and my niece to Chicago for a Sweet 16 birthday trip and we stayed at The Hotel Monaco. Balloons and streamers in the room, complimentary cupcakes delivered by room service, hotel staff leaving them notes and a pet goldfish (they named it Monica!) the housekeeping staff making them a birthday cake out of towels....I could go on and on. They made the girls feel so special! They will never forget the trip. We did many things over 3 days but their favorite thing was...THEIR HOTEL ROOM. Get a river-vew room with the window seats...totally worth it! We come to Chicago fairly often and I've stayed many places up and down Michigan Ave. From now on though...it will always be the Monaco for me and my family!

Room Tip: River view room with window seats are great!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Kara H
MarcoScherer, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Chicago, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Kara H,

I remember signing your daughter's birthday card! I'm so happy to see that she had an amazing and memorable birthday in Chicago. The staff enjoys doing the extra little things to help our guest's celebrate a special day!

We look forward to seeing you again.

NYC
Reviewed October 29, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Nice rooms, great hood, amazing staff, yummy kitchen/restaurant. Went for a very quick business trip and enjoyed my stay. Everything is close to this place. The best part is the view of the Chicago river. It's perfection. Love Chicago and love this hotel.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Lou C,

Thank you for the taking the time and leaving us a review on tripadvisor. The views from our riverview rooms overlooking the Chicago River are very nice and relaxing when you get to sit on the large window seats!

Thank you again for staying with us.