“AMAZING SERVICE”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Ancaster, Canada
“AMAZING SERVICE”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

The service was fantastic....Everyone was so helpful and kind.
I wasn't feeling well one night and they brought up hot water with lemon and honey for me.
The wine hour is amazing,My husband and I sat in front of the fire and had a few ...and more!
The location is perfect we walked to all the restaurants, shopping, symphony and museum.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
MarcoScherer, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Chicago, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Rochana K,
I hope that the warm and welcoming hospitality you recieved left you feeling much better. It's always touching to hear that we did our best to help someone who's under the weather feel better. Thanks for sharing and we look forward to having you back.
Marco Scherer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (698)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Coldwater, MI
Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

We go to Chicago several weekends a year. This visit included the play, "Book of Morman". We've stayed at a lot of places but this was our 1st stay at Hotel Monaco. We were in River Suite. Fast check in, friendly valet and bellman. Nice size room, I'd pay to go to the tranquility suite next time. Loved the wine hour at 5:00. Great location for plays or walking to MI Ave. lobby just got face lift. Only one comment, we paid for late check out and housekeeping called us 30 min before our 2:00 check out asking when we were leaving. Felt a little rushed. Still, we'll be back.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Lcoldwater,
We're happy to be your home away from home during your future Chicago weekend visits! So glad you got to stay in the spacious and elegant River View Mediterranean Suites! Did you love the Window Seats? They offer a great view of whats out there within walking distance.
We'll do a better job of letting Housekeeping know your late check out time in the future too.
Thanks so much, lColdwater!
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed March 6, 2013

I went to Hotel Monaco over the weekend for my birthday; The saff was so nice and my room was sooooooooo beautiful and the HOT TUB!!!!!!!!. Was the best. They also have have a wine hour..This is a great hotel for you and a special some one...I did not want to go home...

Lesha,
Happy Belated Birthday! What a great reason to spend a weekend with us and enjoy our many amenities like the jacuzzi's that are in our Mediterranean Suites, or our Window Seats, also in the suites, and our complimentary wine hour daily in our lobby from 5pm-6pm.
Many thanks for sharing your review!
Cedarburg, Wisconsin
Reviewed March 1, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed our second visit to the Hotel Monaco this past weekend. The staff was so pleasant and welcoming at both the hotel and the restaurant. We could walk to Millenium Park, Michigan Avenue and many of the theaters. The room was pretty but the best was the window seat looking out on the river. It made a short trip feel like a vacation. We will definitely return.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
MarcoScherer, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Chicago, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Dan J,
It sounds like you had a real nice trip into the city and I'm so glad you had that window seat upgrade to sit on while looking out over the river! I'm thrilled that you experienced the genuine care and that you've become a return guest- check out Kimpton InTouch and start earning towards a free visit in the future!
Atlanta
Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

We traveled with friends for a anniversary trip, and I was delighted with my choice of this property! I was even more delighted that my friends were pleased with the Monaco!
While I've visited Chicago several times before, accommodations are usually with family in the suburbs. So as our first time staying in the city, I wanted a boutique hotel that felt unique to Chicago. The Monaco was a great choice. The friendly staff was very helpful, most of our destinations were an easy walk, and the decor' was modern and fun! We paid a little extra for a river view room with a window seat, and the view was awesome-- we definitely knew we were in Chicago!
Special thanks to Ryan L. for the congratulatory bottle of chilled champagne that was set up as a pleasant surprise in our room to wish us a happy anniversary. We had a great stay and look forward to relaxing at the Monaco again in the future!

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank p2gP2St2d
MarcoScherer, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Chicago, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
To our friends from Atlanta,
Happy Anniversary! Thank you for spending it with us and trying out the boutique experience with us for your first stay downtown. I'm so glad you enjoyed those awesome views and that Ryan Lettier was able to take great care of you! Come and visit us again! Thank you for sharing your experience with everyone.
Woodstock, IL
Reviewed February 26, 2013

My husband and I stayed here this past weekend. It is probably the 7th or 8th time we have stayed at this boutique hotel. It is wonderfully located just off Michigan Ave on Wabash so it is nice and quiet. The personal are very welcoming and helpful with any questions that we have. The South Street Kitchen restaurant serves a variety of good food. We sometimes get a king deluxe room with a window seat. I love sitting there, reading and looking out at Marina Towers on Wacker Drive. From the hotel we can easily walk to the Art Institute, a wide variety of restaurants and Symphony Center. We look forward to the next opportunity to stay there.

1 Thank BobKathy
BobKathy! Thank you for being so loyal and enjoying our boutique time and time again! How great to hear you've been back so many times. You must love all the renovations we've done, improving the experience for our guests. I love those Window Seats too and I'm glad you do. I certainly hope your Kimpton InTouch, so you can keep earning your free visits!
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Spent the weekend in Chicago, and picked this based on a deal on Kayak. Awesome, perfect experience. Great location, large rooms, great on-premises restaurant. Staff couldn't have been more helpful.

Quibbles: hot water was barely hot; be nice to have weatherstripping around the room door to improve sound isolation.

But did we mention the huge room? Comfy bed? Nice linens? Great restaurant downstairs? Helpful unpretentious staff?

Walking distance to Uno, the Art Institute, and Milennium Park.

We'll be back.

Marc,
Isn't Kayak great? I'm glad you had an awesome experience. The rooms are really large for a downtown hotel, and I'm really happy to hear our team helped provide a welcoming, genuinely helpful experience for you. Did you see the Picasso exhibit at the Art Institute? Might be a great reason to return. Thank you,