Kimpton Hotel Monaco Chicago
$134
Savings alert! 36% below average rates

The price you found is 36% lower than this hotel's average rate of $211/night.

Chicago South Loop Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$232
$89
Savings alert! 42% below average rates

The price you found is 42% lower than this hotel's average rate of $154/night.

$169
$101
Savings alert! 45% below average rates

The price you found is 45% lower than this hotel's average rate of $183/night.

$137
Doubletree.com
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 42% below average rates

The price you found is 42% lower than this hotel's average rate of $213/night.

Hilton Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$132
Hilton.com
Savings alert! 42% below average rates

The price you found is 42% lower than this hotel's average rate of $212/night.

$152
$139
Hampton.com
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of $187/night.

$118
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 40% below average rates

The price you found is 40% lower than this hotel's average rate of $196/night.

Palmer House A Hilton Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$131
$123
Hilton.com
Savings alert! 40% below average rates

The price you found is 40% lower than this hotel's average rate of $204/night.

Best Western River North Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$107
BestWestern.com
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of $156/night.

$222
$199
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $239/night.

2,494 results
All reviewswindow seatwine hoursouth water kitchenthe rivermediterranean suitewine receptionraid the mini baranimal print robesthe loopcomplimentary winea river view roomyoga mattrump towerbrick wallmillennium parkeach eveningfront desk staff
Reviewed February 11, 2013

A very nice hotel and too expensive, nice views, and pleasant staff. I forgot a few things and they gave them to me free of charge, very center located. Everything you need is with in walking distance, a perfect getaway for you and your mate, and they host a free wine hour as well.

Room Tip: High floors and even numbers for rooms.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JaeCowins
MarcoScherer, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2013

JaeCowins,
We're so glad you enjoyed our welcoming, genuine care and that you let us assist you with all your needs. We love to help out and make sure you are comfortable.
So glad to hear you enjoyed Wine Hour too- its such a great amenity and we love to hear people enjoying it and looking forward to come back for it.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

Warm, friendly, well appointed, always helpful, it's a pleasure to be here. The beds are very comfortable! After a long day of meetings, a great place to unwind. Even though I didn't bring my dog, I love that they are pet friendly!!!! Makes for added warmth all around.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Kathryn,
It's a pleasure to have you as a guest as well. People enjoying our warmth and letting us provide them with helpful, genuine service is exactly why we are passionate about our jobs.
Thanks Kathryn, and please bring along the dog one of these days- we have great natural dog treats and extra plush dog beds for them to unwind on too, after their meetings, of course.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

I read many reviews to pick a romantic getaway in Chicago at a reasonable price for the day and this one just fell a little short for a 4 star Hotel. I have had fly by night hotel rooms that only cost 80.00 per night that provided much more overall. We had a King Deluxe room that was quite smaller than I expected. The room seemed very compact. The place was very clean and the bed and pillows comfort level was the only thing that felt like I was in a 4 Star hotel. No pool, but a great workout facility. Although the parking was not free (48.00 per day in/out) it was more reasonable than the average parking facilities provided in the area. I ultimately decided that we were paying for the downtown location because the amenities provided was not sufficient for the price. My next getaway to a downtown 4 star hotel will not be at the Monaco.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Eli3000,
Great to hear you found our hotel very clean and comfortable and that you loved our modern and updated workout facilitiy. I'm also glad you recognized that our valet parking is actually the least expensive hotel parking in the area.
I'm so sorry to hear that you felt our rooms were small. With the high ceilings, large windows and generous square footage they actually compare quite large to other downtown hotels. Perhaps a Mediterranean Suite might be a better fit?
Thank you for sharing your experience.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

I stayed from Dec 20-23 2012.

We arrived around 5 am and was greeted by the doorman, Courtney at the front desk, and the bellhop. There was no problem with my personal requests that I had made for early check-in. We were pampered all the way to our room. Service was excellent throughout our stay and we love that about this hotel.

The room was fantastic- it had a river view window with a day bed to lounge in by the window. The room was clean, and it had all the basic toiletries/necessities you needed (toilet paper, q-tips, soap/shampoo, lotion). Plenty of towels and other items your could use with a fee- bath soap for soaking. Room was clean, beddings were fresh (bed was so comfy to lie in), and ambience was set at entry (romantic music and a digital aquarium on the tv). A/C and heater worked great and room service was prompt (didn't take more than avg. 5 minutes after the front desk requests- towels, toiletries, room cleaning). There are plenty of electrical outlets for charging your gadgets on the desk and on both bedside tables ( I loved this b/c I had 2 phones, 2 camera pack chargers, 1 video cam charger, and 2 laptops to charge). I was impressed b/c other hotels I have stayed at do not take electronic/outlets into consideration (accessibility and quantity).

The service was great. Front desk employees always greeted us when we were leaving or entering the lobby. The doormen always greeted us, opened the door, hailed taxi (if needed), and gave us practical advice/directions for local fav's. Coffee and tea was provided every morning, I believe from 6-10 am (starbucks quality). There was a restaurant that was busy each night we were there. I had no problem having my 3 medium deep-dish pizzas (yay Lou Malnotti) placed in the restaurant freezer and ready to take home at hotel checkout. Cleaning service did a great job tidying up our room and had a personal touch on our last day :)

The location was great. It is about 20 minutes walking distance from the Hancock tower (which was the farthest we travelled from our hotel. Taxi cabs were easy to hail from the hotel and it cost no more than $7-10 to get to shopping areas, museums, etc. We went from Dec 20-23 and during that time there is a trolley that is free which takes you around the city (Navy pier, Hancock Center, etc.). If you decide to take a Pedway tour, the meet-up location for our tour was 1 block away.

Overall, the price, the location, and the service were the 3 main things I loved about this hotel. I highly recommend it to anyone trying to figure out where to stay. I would definitely come back to this hotel if I had the chance to visit Chicago again (maybe in the non-winter months :-D )

Thank you again for a memorable stay.

Room Tip: River view is great especially with the window lounge bed :)
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank fridaynights7
MarcoScherer, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Fridaynights7,
You made the most your stay! It's awesome to hear you got a 5am early check-in that allowed you time to enjoy the nearby attractions, which it sounds like you did! So many sites are walkable from us, like the Hancock and the great shopping, as well as that awesome Pedway tour. I'm so glad you loved your stay, and thank you so much for the glowing, detailed review.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

The Hotel Monaco in Chicago is a superbly presented hotel, clean, quiet, fantastic staff and in a great location overlooking the river, close to theatres, the magnificent mile and numerous jazz and blues venues. We'll be back!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

To our mate in Townsville, Queensland,
What a fabulous review! It's great to hear that you loved your experience with us and that you got to enjoy the jazz and blues venues nearby. When you come back, you'll see our completed lobby renovation and I'm sure you'll love it.