“Loved Hotel Monaco.. Beautiful rooms,, and amazing, outstanding staff we could not ask for more.. The door guys esp Pete”

Kimpton Hotel Monaco Chicago
Ranked #14 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 29, 2011

Loved Hotel Monaco.. Beautiful rooms,, and amazing, outstanding staff we could not ask for more.. The door guys esp Peter was so helpful, and he always offered suggestions since this was our first visit to Chicago. We had a fish in our room, and my daughter thought that was the coolest. She got to name the fish at the front "Dorothy"... The window seats, were the best. My daughter slept in them, she could not stay out of them... It was wonderful, since we came in the winter we do have plans to come back this summer. We will be sure to stay at Hotel Monaco. we just check out today, and I'm very sad to not be sleeping in the most comfortable beds they have to offer.. I thank the entire staff for everything. They really take their job seriously, and make sure the customer is happy

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank imheatherrenae
Management response:Responded March 31, 2011

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave the review! I'm so glad to hear that your daughter got to enjoy the hotel and her little friend, Dorothy! We really enjoy placing our pet ambassadors in the guest rooms upon request. The gold fish do their jobs with utmost professionalism and care. We even have a new gold fish at the front desk that we are asking our guests to help name! Looking forward to having you as our guest, next time you are in town. Cheers, Marco Scherer, GM

Write a ReviewReviews (2,444)

Reviewed March 28, 2011

My wife and I stayed her for a weekend and were treated like royalty. This is a boutique hotel that caters to all its customers and offers expert advice on restaurants and sights. The room was large for this type of hotel. The BIG plus was having a huge window seat that overlooked the River where you can stretch out and people-watch with your morning coffee. The hotel restaurant was reasonably priced for a big city and the bar had nightly specials on drinks. The only negative was the cost of parking was $42/day. Could have found cheaper rates but was convenient to have in/out privileges there.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank perfectlyfrank
Management response:Responded March 31, 2011

Thank you for the nice review! I couldn't agree with you more in regards to our location. Being located in between River North and the loop... we are walking distance to the great parks, museums, shops, restaurants and everything that Chicago has to offer! I am sorry about the price of parking. We do several call arounds to other overnight parking locations in the city to ensure that our pricing is on the lower end. There are hotels charging $54 for overnight parking just a block from us. We do have a special right now, which is stay two nights and get a $50 hotel credit, which you can use to offset the parking charges. Just use rate code TPA when making the reservation, and this offer expires April 30, 2011.
Thank you again for leaving the nice review. Cheers, Marco Scherer, GM

Reviewed March 25, 2011

I stay in hotels 150+ nights a year. The Kimpton hotels consistently deliver. The Monaco is my favorite place to stay in Chicago. When I stayed there last week, the only complaint I had was there was no "do not disturb" sign for the door. I added it to an otherwise perfect survey and had a personal note from the manager the next day showing he actually read my responses. Other hotels could learn a lot from them.

SWK food is good, too. A great business lunch spot.

Management response:Responded March 28, 2011

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review! We hope to see you next time you are in town.

Reviewed March 24, 2011

This was my first time staying downtown, and this was a great location. Plenty to do within walking distance, including some outstanding restaurants. The rooms were very nice, just a touch on the small side (which ended up not mattering to me). The staff was superb; friendly, helpful and solicitous, very genuine. They made me feel like their most important guest at every interaction. It was the kind of experience I'd expect from a much more expensive hotel. I enthusiastically recommend the Hotel Monaco.

2  Thank BC H
Management response:Responded March 28, 2011

What a nice review! Thank you so much for taking the time and I'm glad to hear that you had such a great stay. We have one of the best locations in the city of Chicago, truly in the middle of everything. I'm glad you were able to enjoy that. Hope to see you soon. Cheers, Marco Scherer, GM

Reviewed March 21, 2011

I recently stayed at the Hotel Monaco while attending a trade show at McCormick Place. The hotel and all of its services were first rate. From the doorman bringing an umbrella out to the curb to rescue me in a downpoor when I arrived to the front desk giving advice about local restaurants (There are great ones nearby), the staff could not have been more helpful. The hotel is just two blocks from the Randolph Street train station where you can easily catch the train that stops right inside McCormick Place so the location is perfect for someone that wants to stay in a beautiful, enjoyable boutique hotel while attending an event at McCormick Place.

Management response:Responded March 24, 2011

Thank you so much for taking the time and leaving us a review! -Marco Scherer

Reviewed March 18, 2011

I stayed at the Kimpton for four days this past week and I can't say enough good things about the hotel. When I had made the reservation I mentioned that this was an annual trip with my granddaughter. When we arrived the room we found two wonderful cupcakes waiting for us, with a note welcoming us and wishing us fun on our annual trip. This set the tone for our stay and it continued on throughout. From the front desk to the waiters in the adjoining resturant. everything was perfect. I would be happy to return to the Kimpton if I have the opportunity to visit Chicago again.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Kaytgilbert
Management response:Responded March 24, 2011

Hi Kaytgilbert, I'm so glad that you had a good annual trip with your granddaughter, and we were able to be part of that! We pride ourselves in providing very individualized service, and that's what makes our little hotel special! :) Hopefully we'll be able to do it again next year! Cheers, Marco Scherer, GM

Reviewed March 13, 2011

We stayed in a newly remodeled suite on the 14th floor. The suite was really large which we weren't expecting. We loved the window seats and I often sat in the window while updating on my iPad. The jacuzzi tub was a really nice touch. Service was great - they did their jobs without us even knowing they were there. Very QUIET hotel. Although we occasionally heard the nearby above ground subway, we never heard another hotel guest or any hall noise. Location was the best - right in the middle of everything and great for St. Patrick's Day festivities.

Only complaints are that the bed was too firm and that there are strangely no dresser drawers of any kind in the room. We had to keep our things in our suitcases and strewn over the couch.

• Stayed: March 2011
Management response:Responded March 24, 2011

AmberVon, Thank you so much for staying with us and leaving us the review. The river view suites are so popular, and simply amazing views of Chicago. I'm sure that the jacuzzi tub with the fizzi balls helped you relax as well! The beds are still brand new, we just went through a major room refresh and replaced the beds last month along with everything else in the guest rooms. Thank you again, Marco Scherer, GM