Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
mklein818
Reykjavik, Iceland

Fabulous

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Jun 15, 2008
Best hotel service in over a year--people didn't simply do what was asked, there was a proactivity among the staff (the chambermaid leaving me a handwritten note with her name on it asking if I needed anything, the bellman introducing me to all of the in-room amenities--and getting me an in-room coffee service when I noticed none was there [they are optional]), and the cheeky waiter at the restaurant making comments about my soccer jersey that I wore for breakfast--made for a superb experience. The room was as well appointed as any I've seen. the view of a typical Chicago Loop skyscraper canyon was tremendous and the in-room coffee was Starbucks. Breakfast (not included) was ok (a bit of a funny menu), but hardly enough to spoil the effect.
Date of stay: June 2008
Trip type: Traveled solo
5.0 of 5 bubblesValue
5.0 of 5 bubblesRooms
5.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
5.0 of 5 bubblesCleanliness
5.0 of 5 bubblesCheck in / front desk
5.0 of 5 bubblesService
5.0 of 5 bubblesBusiness service (e.g., internet access)
    $191
  • SpringHill Suites
12.5 miles from Staypineapple, An Iconic Hotel, The Loop Chicago
View more hotels in Chicago
3,263 results
All reviews hotel burnham atwood cafe millennium park the loop marshall fields state street historic building office building art institute the theater district boutique hotel perfect location blue line beautiful hotel rooms are small two blocks definitely stay here again
Selected filters
Reviewed June 9, 2008

Beautiful hotel. We got a great deal over Memorial Day weekend and could not believe what a beautiful room we got on the 10th floor. Using the hotel's website we paid only $127/night, plus $20/night in taxes.

The hotel is in a great location, just a couple blocks from Millenium Station. We took the commuter rail in from Northern Indiana and only walked a few blocks to the hotel. No taxi needed.

The whole hotel is stunning. If you love architecture, then this hotel is a real treat for you. They have done a beautiful job of renovating and redecorating this building. The interior design is bold and whimsical in its approach. The Atwater Cafe down stairs is a fun and bold it its design. Just lovely.

Our room was stunning too-- it was a corner room with huge, huge windows on two sides. We had a sliver of a view of the lake and Mil Park (down Washington Ave). The furnishings were done in a deep navy blue and regal gold and were just stunning. The room had a king bed and a separate sitting room with work desk, divan, and entertainment center. The bath was very compact, but very nicely done. Our other windown overlooked the Chicago Theatre.

I've stayed several times in the Hotel Monaco and have enjoyed that property each time. For a change we went with the Burnham this time and I was very glad to have the chance to experience this hotel. I like both very, very much, but I prefer the interior design of this one. The richness of the colors made me feel like royalty!

As always, the service is very hospitable at Kimpton hotels. I can't say enough good things about this hotel.

Date of stay: May 2008
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank pyegirl
Reviewed June 7, 2008

I'd read great reviews before I stayed, but this hotel really must be seen and lived in to be fully appreciated! The attention to detail in the decor and restoration was amazing, I really felt like I was living in a building from a gloriously bygone era. The staff were helpful, food was good (though watch out for the slightly over-merry guests during the evening happy hour in the Cafe, when drinks are free -- had drinks slopped all over my sandals in the lift, not pleasant). Stepping out, there were shops and convenience stores, big and small, close by and the Magnificent Mile was within 10 minutes walk. Chicago itself is a beautiful city (it was my first time to visit), full of gorgeous architecture -- staying at the Hotel Burnham just added to the whole atmosphere.

Date of stay: June 2008
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank yeemui
Reviewed June 1, 2008

stayed 2 nights at this historic hotel-loved the original features such as lifts, doors, decor.
Staff very helpful-lovely restaurant especially good for a woman staying alone.
great views of the city from the window.
Location -perfect for sight seeing by foot in the city.
A delight

Date of stay: June 2007
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed May 28, 2008

My wife and I celebrated our anniversary at the Burnham and had an outstanding stay. They even accomodated our small dog, bringing a bowl of food and water to our room and giving him the royal treatment whenever we came into the hotel. Our room overlooked the Marshall Field's building and had a stunning view of the formal gardens and Frank Geary pavillion in Millenium Park with sailboats on Lake Michigan in the distance. Our small suite was beautiful with huge windows -- a comfortable place to lounge and soak in the city. Construction on the building across the street appears to be over. The location is fantastic. This is a wonderful place to stay for a car-free weekend. My only complaint was that the bathroom was a little small. But overall, we would stay there again in a heartbeat. And our dog agrees.

Date of stay: May 2008
Reviewed May 21, 2008

Had a great stay at the Hotel Burnham. Only wish we had had a chance to join everyone in the lobby for wine. The location of this hotel is perfect if you are planning on staying in the loop of Chicago. It is close to everything. We walked to shopping, shows and dinner. Our room was beautiful. The king bed was so comfortable and that bathroom was gorgeous. The staff was very courteous. Could not have asked for a better place to stay.

Date of stay: May 2007
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
Burnham000, Director of Rooms at Staypineapple, An Iconic Hotel, The Loop Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2008

Hello Jomusick,

Thank you very much for choosing Hotel Burnham for your getaway. I'm very excited to hear that you enjoyed the staff and services that the hotel has to offer. We really appreciate your positive feedback and are looking forward to your next visit at the hotel.

Hopefully, during your next stay you can mingle in the hotel lobby with our other guest and enjoy our evening wine reception.

Tonya Scott