The Alise Chicago - A Staypineapple Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$317
$233
Sofitel
The Peninsula Chicago(Chicago)
$475
The Peninsula
  • Pool
Palmer House A Hilton Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$211
$206
$187
$167
  • Restaurant
La Quinta Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$239
$199
  • Breakfast included
$604
$376
  • Pool
Hotel Versey - Days Inn Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$159
$144
Hotels.com
Warwick Allerton-Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$233
$149
  • Room Service
2,059 results
All reviewshotel burnhamatwood cafereliance buildingmillennium parkthe loopmarshall fieldsdaniel burnhamstate streetcupcakeskimpton hotelshistoric buildingwine hournordstrom rackoffice buildingart instituteboutique hotelthe theater district
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 23, 2013

My grandparents had stayed here about two months ago and said they really liked it. I gave it a shot knowing the Kimpton chain is very pet friendly and I was traveling with my dog. The WHOLE staff was WONDERFUL!! This was by far the best stay I have had in a hotel EVER (and I stay in a lot of hotels). They put my dogs name on their VIPets board by the front desk. Everybody was so friendly to my dog and he loved the hotel. He got a lot of treats! There wasn't one negative thing I could say about the hotel. The staff was beyond helpful with everything. I will definitely stay again and send everybody I know there. I know my grandparents said the same thing after their stay!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
BurnhamGM, General Manager at The Alise Chicago - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Dear LBean23,

Grandparents are Never Wrong! I so happy you had the opportunity to experience the 118 year old building for yourself. The building is a Gem but the Staff has the Secret Sauce on how to get guests to fall in love with the building. Thank you for telling everyone you know and I looking forward to them sharing their experience on Tripadvisor also. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

My husband and I stayed in Chicago for six nights and after researching accommodation options on the Internet I chose the Hotel Burnham at 1 W Washington Street. Well, I can honestly say we were not disappointed with our choice. We were greeted by a lovely girl at Reception who checked us in without any trouble and our bags were quickly whisked away to our room. A couple of days before our arrival we were sent a confirmation email and an option to upgrade our room. We were given three options in relation to upgrades and chose all three although it was only on the condition that an upgrade was available at check-in. We were given an upgrade from a standard hotel room to a Kingsize Suite for an extra $75 per night which we were very happy to accept as we were staying for six nights so we wanted room to move. The suite was a corner suite and the bedroom had a window facing down State Street and another window facing down Washington Street with a fantastic view, particularly at night. The bed was very comfortable (one of our must haves) and we were also given free Wifi during our stay which is also another must have for us as we like to be able to contact home when we're away. The location of the Hotel Burnham in Chicago is brilliant. It's a 10 minute walk to most of the theatres and a short walk to Millennium Park. Macy's is directly across the road as is The Gap Store. Walgreens is right next door which is handy if you run out of toothpaste (which we did one night). We walked everywhere while we were there and it didn't seem like a long trek to very many places. It's a longer walk to the Navy Pier but still easy enough to do. The staff at the Hotel Burnham were amazingly friendly. A handwritten note was sealed in our booking envelope by one of the Reception staff wishing us a lovely stay and to our surprise the next morning when we returned to our room after sight-seeing there was another handwritten note stuck to the bathroom mirror from the cleaning lady wishing us a wonderful stay. There is a complimentary coffee hour each morning in the foyer and a complimentary wine hour each afternoon. The hotel itself is full of character and old charm. The lift was almost always open and ready for the next ride so there was very rarely a long wait to get up to your room. The attention to detail at this hotel is unbelievable. All in all, you can't beat the Hotel Burnham for location, service and style. If you're heading to Chicago for a holiday or a work conference, check out this hotel first. It really is fantastic.

Room Tip: We stayed in a corner suite which gave you a fantastic view from the bedroom down State Street and Washington Street.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Linda B,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the Hotel Burnham. THE VIEW IS AMAZING, from the corner suite. We pride ourselves on providing the best customer service. The Staff is the best part of the stay for me! The staff is always happy to do whatever it takes to make our guest feel like they are at home. Make sure you stay with us the next time you are in Chicago. Thanks again and make sure to come back soon.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

Yes the rooms are a little small, but it is a 100+ year old historic building that has been converted into a hotel, so I think they did a great job with the space they had to work with. The location is in the heart of everything. The staff was amazingly outgoing for a big city hotel. Everyone seemed legitimately concerned with making our stay as enjoyable as possible. The room was clean, and well appointed, and the mini bar was one of the best stocked I have ever seen. This hotel exceeded my expectations, and will be where I stay whenever I visit!

• Stayed: June 2013

Dear Djmitchfortune,

Your 5 Star review really made us feel good! Thank you for staying and sharing your experience on Tripadvisor. This historical landmark is really a gem and we love it. We are very proud that the building was not destroyed but renovation as the Beautiful Hotel Burnham. Please tell all your friends and family about the Hotel Burnham. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

Stayed for business. Happened to check in during a free wine reception and was handed a class of cab as I headed up to my room. The room was compact, but had killer views and was very comfortable. The location was great.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Seattleite2013

Dear Seattleeite2013,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on Tripadvisor. I'm glad to hear that your room was clean with an excellent view. We are so happy that we were able to make a good impression on you. After a long day of travel, we though it would be nice for you to relax with a glass of Cabernet Sauvignon. We hope this experience is one that you can share with friends and friend. We would like them to experience the Hotel Burnham so they can have a story to share also. Thanks again for the great feedback .

312-782-1111 Phone

Reviewed June 12, 2013

The Burnham is an architecturally significant building, with updated rooms but an "original" look to the hallways that will either charm you or else strike you as peculiar. The front desk was not up to the task of processing my reservation, and the room was not ready by check-in time. But apologies were issued, and in general the staff is cheerful and tries its best. Rooms are small but comfortable. Don't count on that hearty room service breakfast, since early in the day, and on weekends, the kitchen is unaccountably 'closed' and the offerings are limited. The Atwood Cafe, in the hotel lobby, offers a range of good quality items, very capably served. This is a good hotel choice for someone who wants a State Street location and something other than a standard chain hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side of the hotel face another building. Ask for a view.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
BurnhamGM, General Manager at The Alise Chicago - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

Dear Jean T,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay. I'm glad to hear you were comfortable at Hotel Burnham. We are so happy that we were able to make a good impression on you. Please share your experience with your friends and family we want to wow them also. Thanks again for the great feedback .