“Great service and beautiful rooms.”

The Alise Chicago - A Staypineapple Hotel
Ranked #21 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed December 10, 2012

I will definitely stay here again. The proximity to downtown was excellent, the staff was superb, and the room was very comfortable. I also used the weight room and while it was small it had everything I needed.

• Stayed: October 2012
BurnhamFOM, General Manager at The Alise Chicago - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2012

We look forward to having you again, Tb2952! Thank you for your review.

Reviewed December 10, 2012

I resided in downtown Chicago for approximately 18 years, had dined at their restaurant once. I had always wanted to stay at the hotel after they completed the full renovations to bring the hotel back to its original state. It is absolutely gorgeous! They have done such an amazing job making you feel like you are literally on a historic adventure, however updated with gorgeous glamour. Every staff member is wonderful and helpful, and so friendly. My husband I and I stayed there to celebrate our 2nd year anniversary and to attend the Opera. We traveled with our small dog, Sadie. We were so surprised and pleased that this gorgeous hotel allows pets as we were very happy that she could attend with us and not to be boarded. There are so many noteworthy compliments:

1.) they hotel key is literally an old time gold key that you use. It makes you feel like you are staying in a historic treasure.

2.) It has a great view of downtown Chicago

3.) They have a wonderful complimentary wine hour for guests in a lovely seating area w/fireplace

4.) the food at the restaurant is fantastic!

5.) they make you feel special as they are generally interested in what you are doing in Chicago while you stay with them.

6.) they have a great stocked hotel fridge and there is plenty of room to put anything additional that you purchased outside of the hotel in it.

All in all, this is the best hotel I have EVER stayed in to date. We had an amazing stay and experience that was memorable and we will stay there again most likely when we celebrate many of our wedding anniversaries :)

Room Tip: Any room is amazing. We chose to stay on a floor that was previous office spaces and it had the orig...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
BurnhamFOM, Front Office Manager at The Alise Chicago - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2012

Happy Anniversary, xtine312! We are all so glad that you and your husband enjoyed yourselves, it sounds like you had a lot of fun! Thanks for sharing your experience with the TripAdvisor community!

See you next year,

Reviewed December 5, 2012

I know my husband will want to stay here again when we return to Chicago. We love the hotel itself with all the history. The building is beautiful. The restaurant looks amazing...so cozy with an inviting bar. It has long huge windows to look outside at all the shoppers. The hotel staff is always very friendly and will help you with anything. They have a wine hour from 5-6 p.m. nightly for the hotel guests. There is a small "living room" with fireplace to sit if you get there really early since there are not many seats. You just couldn't ask for a better place. It is across from macy's. If Michigan Avenue is crying out to you it is only a $6.00 cab ride away. Anything we went to seemed to be 10 minutes away.

Room Tip: The corners are the best. We did have a room #405 where we had an excellent view of the thanksgivin...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear AlwaysShopping,

I am so glad that you and your husband enjoyed your stay here at the Hotel Burnham. Thanks for the review!

Reviewed December 3, 2012

Staff was BEYOND nice and accommodating from the moment we pulled up to the valet until we checked out. Darnell at the front desk was awesome. Made sure we had a room with a great view of the Thanksgiving Day parade and seemed genuinely concerned that we were happy throughout our stay. Rest of the staff was great as well. Nicest bellman ever. Hotel was very clean, lots of charm and very chic. Can't wait to stay again. By the way, a girlfriend of mine has stayed at a bunch of other hotels in other cities owned by this same chain and she had great experiences at all of them as well. Sign up for their rewards program and get free WiFi and a $10 mini bar credit plus I found a 20% off coupon code for room after I did which made the room charge beyond reasonable for the location.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
BurnhamGM, General Manager at The Alise Chicago - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2012

Dear Bnbvkelly,

Thank you for choosing the Hotel Burnham and certainly thank you for the amazing review. As a Kimpton Hotel we pride ourselves on providing the best customer service to ensure that our guest has the best time possible. I'm happy to hear that it was a home run! Thanks again for sharing your review on Tripadvisor and we look forward to your next visit. Happy Holidays to you and your family.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

Centrally located, with ready access to Blue Line -- so easy to get to from ORD. Staff were very professional upon arrival. Eighth floor provided excellent view of city, and building interior is wonderfully restored. Kimpton hotels are my favorite, so as a first time stay at this property I was looking forward to seeing the room. All amenities up to Kimpton standards. I would have rated the stay excellent If the carpet condition (a big deal for me) wasn't as worn. If I was staying more than one night, I would have asked for a room change to see if other rooms were similar. Overall I'd recommend.

Room Tip: This hotel is in the financial district, and is quiet at night. Easy walking distance to other side...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo

Dear Cooncat123,

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback on Tripadvisor. I'm very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Hotel Burnham. We love to hear that our guest enjoyed the hotel as well as the staff. We take pride in prividing the best customer service possible. I would like to apologized for the worn carpet. We are working on getting a refresh of the guest rooms in 2013, this will include a carpet change. Again, I apologize and hope this doesn't change you perception of the hotel. Thanks again and Happy Holidays to you and your family.

Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

Starting with Emil the front desk supervisor , the concierge and the bartender at the attached restaurant, all the staff made the stay at this boutique hotel a pleasure. Theaters, shopping . The chriskindl Christmas market and plenty of great restaurants were all within walking distance. Millenium park a few blocks away not to be missed. Room was a little small but very clean and quiet with a great view. Definitely will stay here next time in Chicago.

• Stayed: December 2012

Dear Donchamp,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience at the Hotel Burnham on Tripadvisor. We are veryt fortunate to have wonderful staff in an amazing location. We are in the heart of the Loop which makes us just steps away from Theatre District, Shopping, Restaurants and Millenium Park, you really couldn't ask for more. Thanks again for your wonderful review and I will definitely share this with the staff. Happy Holidays to you and your family.

Best,

Reviewed December 2, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Burnham Kimpton Hotel the weekend of November 16th. I was there on business but arrived early to take in what Chicago had to offer. As we had arrived early we had lunch at the Atwood Cafe in the hotel and met the most amazing waiter Nick. Now mind you, all of the staff at this hotel were phenomenal but for me Nick went above and beyond. Not only did he wait on us through lunch, he also made certain when our room was ready and had a surprise of "Garrett's Popcorn" (a must) and a very nice note placed there ahead of our arrival. Darryl was also a wonderful employee to meet; in fact everyone we encountered was terrific. Would HIGHLY recommend this quaint and personable venue for anyone looking to experience not only the windy city, but the warmth of Chicago. We are looking forward to another visit soon and will definitely repeat our stay at the Burnham Kimpton Hotel.

Room Tip: We had a corner suite on the thrid floor. Try for a higher level for noise reduction.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Dear Madea-Dani,

Thank you for choosing Hotel Burnham and certainly, thank you for the wonderful review. I'm really excited to hear that you had some time to take in some of the wonderful things about Chicago. The Atwood Cafe is a GREAT restaurant with a exceptional staff... "Nick" is a gentleman that prides himself on getting it right as does all the staff. Thanks again for the rave review and we looking forward to your next visit. Happy Holidays to you and your family.