Best Western River North Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$98
Savings alert! 40% below average rates

The price you found is 40% lower than this hotel's average rate of $162/night.

$182
$137
Savings alert! 51% below average rates

The price you found is 51% lower than this hotel's average rate of $281/night.

Hilton Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$178
$157
Hilton.com
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of $229/night.

Hyatt Regency McCormick Place(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$179
$164
Savings alert! 34% below average rates

The price you found is 34% lower than this hotel's average rate of $249/night.

$198
$127
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 36% below average rates

The price you found is 36% lower than this hotel's average rate of $198/night.

$209
$199
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of $256/night.

Chicago South Loop Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$169
$98
Savings alert! 36% below average rates

The price you found is 36% lower than this hotel's average rate of $153/night.

Palmer House A Hilton Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$183
$162
Hilton.com
Savings alert! 33% below average rates

The price you found is 33% lower than this hotel's average rate of $243/night.

$245
$179
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of $231/night.

$229
$214
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
2,184 results
All reviewshotel burnhamatwood cafereliance buildingmillennium parkthe loopmarshall fieldsdaniel burnhamstate streethistoric buildingcupcakeswine hournordstrom rackoffice buildingart instituteboutique hotelthe theater districtblue line
Reviewed November 11, 2012

This was our second stay at The Burnham. We had stayed previously eight years ago and it truly felt like returning to the home of an old friend. Just amazing in every way. From Darnell at the desk who ensured that we had the loveliest room imaginable to Jack who answered all my questions and helped me plan all my adventures to Vale and Nef who were just so happy, helpful and both seemed so proud to work at The Burnham. And Abigail was just dear. the coziness and intimacy of the Burnham is unrivaled and cannot be matched by the larger hotels I am sure. I would never consider anywhere else in Chicago and cannot wait to return! Great bar, great location, coffee in the lobby in the morning was delicious and as everyone else mentions the cocktail hour was lovely. My husband and I enjoyed drinks by the fire every evening and I would even have my coffee by the fire every morning. and I can't not mention the doorman who helped me determine the location of the bells that led to a lovely tour of the sky chapel just a couple of blocks away. Obviously I could go on and on, but will wrap up so that I can give this lovely place and the staff their due! cheers...

• Stayed: November 2012
BurnhamFOM, Front Office Manager at The Alise Chicago - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2012

Thanks for the review, navybeanmamma! We aim to exceed our guests expectations, and glad that we have done so in your case. See you next time!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

On one of my many travels to Chicago, I needed a place to stay that accepted pets without exorbitant fees and weight restrictions added (I was traveling with two friends, one who couldn't leave her dog at home). Hotel Burnham to the rescue! We only needed a one-night stay, so the high room price was split between the three of us, which didn't make it so bad. The location of the hotel is very convenient to shopping and dining. The accommodations were stellar. The room was small, but we really only wanted a place to sleep, so it didn't matter. We loved the blue/gold decor--very classic and a little "old world". The view was right onto the street (we were only on the second floor), but again, if we had been staying longer, it might have mattered for us to get a room on a higher floor. The beds were very comfortable. We brought enough amenities for the dog, but the hotel has pet beds, treats if you need them. Only two room complaints: the bathroom seemed to have a bit of mold on the ceiling and I would suggest at least having the coffee/tea maker already in the room (maybe on a small tray table near the television) instead of having to request it to be brought to the room. We were unable to take advantage of the wine hour due to our schedule (maybe next time!). The service was absolutely wonderful--everyone was friendly and helpful. I particularly want to mention the front desk staff, Darnell and Emil and our bellhop, Terrell. I hope to return very soon to take advantage of their Thanksgiving week special room rates. Overall, I would say that the property is a bit pricey, so take advantage of deals to stay here--highly recommended.

Room Tip: As with most properties in Chicago, higher rooms have better views!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
BurnhamFOM, Front Office Manager at The Alise Chicago - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Dear NuPwr319,

Thanks for your amazing review! We are so glad that your girlfriend was able to bring her pup, and that you all had a good time! Thanks also for taking note of some of the incredible Burnham staff. I know that it means a lot to them that you remembered them.

Thanks and until next girls weekend,

Jack

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I have only wonderful things to say about my recent 3-day business stay at the Burnham Hotel. This boutique hotel is beautiful and has a warm and friendly ambiance. From the front desk staff does everything they can to make your stay pleasant. The rooms are nicely decorated (though mine was quite small, it was laid out well.) I loved the fact that they offered a "yoga bag" to borrow and had complimentary videos for in-room exercise. The bar and dining room is beautiful. It really made me want to stay there! The only meal I ate at the hotel was breakfast, and it was memorable. I am not easily "wowed"..but this hotel did it for me. I am looking forward to returning on a personal visit.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

We are so glad to have "wowed" you, padlyn! It's definitely what we shoot for. Glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to have you back again soon!

Reviewed November 3, 2012

Wonderful stay, Great staff, extremely helpful, coffee in the lobby every morning was a treasure, wine each afternoon made a great end of the day
Location can't be beaten.
When we visit Chicago again, we definitely would stay here again.
Thanx everyone !

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Thanks for the review and the kind words, wilmik. Glad you enjoyed your stay at the Burnham!

Reviewed October 29, 2012

In late September, we returned to Chicago and wanted to stay in the downtown area. We found the hotel Burnham. It’s a small boutique hotel. We had never heard of the Kimpton chain and were very impressed with its philosophy. The staff was very friendly. The location is a little further than what we wanted, but the accommodations made up for it.

It’s an older hotel with lots of dark mahogany wood. The décor is very nice and appropriate for the style and age of the hotel. There’s a small sitting area with cozy chairs. There’s a nightly wine hour in the lobby. We had a room on the second floor. You can hear some noise (fire trucks, ambulance, etc.), but it wasn’t that bad. Keep in mind that you are in the heart of the city. The room was gorgeous with very high ceilings and large windows. There is free internet access in the room. There’s also a convenient in-room safe. The bath products were also amazing. Usually, hotel shampoo and conditioner are not worthy enough to wash your socks! This is not the case at the Burnham. We experienced some rainy weather while in Chicago. Fortunately, the hotel provides an umbrella in every room. Very convenient!!

Positives:
Everything. The mattress and bedding was so comfortable. The room is a little small, but this is an older hotel. However, you didn’t feel stifled thanks to the high ceilings.

Negative:
None truly. The location is a slight negative. It just depends on what activities you plan on doing.

Overall, a great hotel with excellent service and amenities. The cost is a little high, but if you are able to splurge a little, it’s well worth it.

Room Tip: A higher floor if you're a light sleeper.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
11  Thank Wants2TravelMore_12
BurnhamFOM, Front Office Manager at The Alise Chicago - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2012

We are so glad you enjoyed EVERYTHING! Thanks for taking the time to write about your experience here at the Burnham!