$229
$152
Savings alert! 49% below average rates

The price you found is 49% lower than this hotel's average rate of $300/night.

Hyatt Regency McCormick Place(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$152
Savings alert! 48% below average rates

The price you found is 48% lower than this hotel's average rate of $265/night.

Palmer House A Hilton Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$123
Hilton.com
Savings alert! 53% below average rates

The price you found is 53% lower than this hotel's average rate of $264/night.

Hilton Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$178
$157
Hilton.com
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of $227/night.

Best Western River North Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$137
$116
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of $164/night.

$170
$145
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of $211/night.

$227
$216
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of $283/night.

Kinzie Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$160
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 36% below average rates

The price you found is 36% lower than this hotel's average rate of $218/night.

$204
$143
Savings alert! 42% below average rates

The price you found is 42% lower than this hotel's average rate of $246/night.

$215
$200
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $239/night.

2,190 results
All reviewshotel burnhamatwood cafereliance buildingmillennium parkthe loopmarshall fieldsdaniel burnhamstate streetcupcakeshistoric buildingwine hournordstrom rackoffice buildingart instituteboutique hotelthe theater districtblue line
Reviewed September 12, 2012

The Burnham is an exceptional hotel experience. From the moment you see it, you know the place is unique, warm and welcoming. The location can't be beat, the rooms are spacious and well appointed; you could easily stay inside your entire trip. The Atwood Cafe gets better each time you go there. The complimentary wine hour is a very nice way to get to know other guests.

The real key to the Burnham however, is the outstanding team of people working there. On this trip, I got to spend time with Emil, Darnell, Kelsey, Terrell and Vane. Each of them are extremely professional, gracious, and clearly proud to be part of Team Burnham!

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a view of Washington or State Streets--but really, any of them are worthwhile.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
BurnhamFOM, Front Office Manager at The Alise Chicago - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2012

Thanks for another shining review Craig R. We love to have you and can't wait for your next visit.

Until next time!

Reviewed September 10, 2012

This historic boutique hotel is a must stay in the Loop if you love Chicago! The history of this fine property is amazing but the staff is what sets this place apart. It may be off my Bucket List but I am glad - it is time to go back already.

Pro: location, wonderful hand written notes, quality finishes, housekeeping team, the entire hotel staff was out of this world. This is the way a fine hotel should be run - you are not the forgotten guest anymore.

Con: HVAC and bathroom were a little tired

Inspired: Suze a Guest Service Agent emailed us before our visit to make us feel at home and Beth in the Atwood Cafe - she was exceptional

Room Tip: pay the extra to get on the Historic Floors
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear 275GTS,

Thank you for the wonderful feedback! We are thrilled you enjoyed your time at the Burnham. Thanks for taking the time to note the names of some of our amazing staff. I know that it means a lot to them! We can't wait to have you back, and until then keep moving with that Bucket List!

Reviewed September 10, 2012

I also stayed at the Burnham on Labour Day weekend. While the hotel is lovely and I enjoyed my stay for the most part, the check-in was a bit unusual and profoundly coloured my first impression for the remainder of my visit. I arrived with two small-ish roller bags which were quite manageable, so when the bellhop asked me if I needed help, I refused. Upon check-in and receiving my key, the concierge/counter person said, "oh, and Tyrell here will take you to your room and explain the safety procedures," at which point Tyrell took me to the room and showed me the mini-bar items and corkscrew and bathrobes and room features: hotel room features that any adult or child can discern for themselves.

I have stayed in Kimpton hotels elsewhere, and this is the first time I've experienced something like this. Furthermore, I have stayed in at least seven different brand hotels in city centre of Chicago, so I am quite certain that this is not a local or regional requirement. This was both condescending and, straight and simple, like a cash-grab.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo

Dear csz12345,

Thank you so much for your feedback. We appreciate all the comments we get, as it helps us to continually improve on, and maintain the high level of personalized service the Burnham is known for. I am glad to hear that for the most part you enjoyed your stay. I am, however, dismayed that you felt the escort to your room by our bellman was condescending. I am sorry that it came off that way, and I can assure you that certainly was not the intention. Again, thank you for your feedback!

Reviewed September 8, 2012

Smallish, but very comfortable room. Very clean, comfortable bed. You will be a few blocks from the lake, but just a block or two from any shopping or attractions that you want to see. The location is near trains and buses, plus you can just catch a cab from right there. Old and charming and the hotel is in a great location downtown. Helpful staff and good drinks at the bar. Great experience.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a nice view, otherwise, you will be staring out the window at another building.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
TeamBurnhamChicago, General Manager at The Alise Chicago - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2012

Thank you for staying with us, terrific you enjoyed your time in Chicago and enjoyed our Boutique property.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

Another great experience with the Kimpton Hotels - Hotel Burnham. My wife and I stayed at the Burnham over the Labour Day weekend and really enjoyed our stay. Our room (1206) was on a small side but very comfortable, clean, and with a grand view of downtown Chicago. Free internet for In-Touch members (free registration). Free coffee and a "wine hour" are great too!

Location is perfect - 1 block away from the Washington Station (direct line from O'Hare), 10 min. away from the river, 15 min away from the Magnificent Mile, and close to many museums, shops and restaurants.

The only disappointment was that the restaurant was closed on the Labour Day morning - hence no breakfast on site....

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
TeamBurnhamChicago, General Manager at The Alise Chicago - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2012

Thanks for choosing to stay with us on Labor day weekend. We do appreciate it, glad you had a memorable stay!