The Alise Chicago - A Staypineapple Hotel
$275
$242
Hilton.com
  • Restaurant
La Quinta Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$199
$324
Agoda.com
$149
  • Fitness center
Hotel Versey - Days Inn Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$159
$144
The Talbott Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$279
$195
  • Restaurant
Hyatt Regency Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$416
Hotelpower.com
2,059 results
All reviewshotel burnhamatwood cafereliance buildingmillennium parkthe loopmarshall fieldsdaniel burnhamstate streetcupcakeskimpton hotelshistoric buildingwine hournordstrom rackoffice buildingart instituteboutique hotelthe theater district
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 12, 2011

Most plan the destination first, and find the hotel later, but the Burnham is the reason to visit Chicago. Every staff member from front desk to housekeeping remember their customers' names and treat them as if they are royalty. A special shout out to Lisa, Darnell, and Keith, but those are only the names I remember. Dining is fabulous and every effort is made to accommodate special needs.

Room Tip: rooms are small so I recommend a suite which has room to put belongings
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Marlene S
Reviewed October 10, 2011

Great location right on the blue/red lines and buses for farther out restaurants and airports, but close to a lot of 'first visit' things to do. Friendly and informative staff, they try very hard, and succeed, at making sure you know where you're going. The only dissapointment I have is that the quality of the TV in the rooms is horrible. Would have thought for the price that they would have HD (and a few more basic cable channels wouldn't hurt). Granted, Chicago has plenty to keep you busy, but if you're pooped after a day of walking and sight seeing and you want to just relax for a night in your room, it would be nice to have the 37" flat screen actually be clear enough to enjoy. Other than that, had a great stay and will stay here again.

Room Tip: I was on the 5th floor in what I believe is the least expensive room (1 Queen bed studio), but it was easily big enough for a 'couple', especially if your "out" most of the time.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed October 5, 2011

Great reception, valet parking, nice historic building, pretty restaurant, nice reasonable room, internet worked instantly ... everything was going well until I went to take a shower. I pulled back the shower curtain and at first I thought there was a small rodent hanging out by the drain; it turned out to be a less threatening large wad of hair. Still, everything else looked spotless so this didn't cast a pall over the mostly lovely experience.

Lunch in the restaurant in the lobby was tasty, and the setting was lovely.

On Saturday morning the lobby was full, literally full, of tour groups learning about the building in a variety of languages.

(We stayed in our room through lunch one day and got a note slid under our door telling us that we'd missed maid service; then they came anyway and cleaned the room, so not much of a story there.)

Room Tip: We were in 1010, which was in the back and quiet but looked into people's apartments. The rooms on the front of the hotel have big sprawling views of the city and State St.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank peewee007
Reviewed October 5, 2011

I found this hotel through Sniqueaway, and it was a winner. The location (Washington and State) is just a block or two away from every subway/El line and literally across the street from about 8 bus lines. The hotel is in a historic building and the rooms are beautifully decorated. The staff greeted us every time we walked in the door, which I think is a Kimpton trademark. I would absolutely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TXnonnie
Reviewed October 4, 2011

I love to stay at the Hotel Monaco when I am in Chicago, but when SniqueAway had a special on the Hotel Burnham I jumped on it for our girls week out, since it is another Kimpton hotel I figured the hotel standard would be the same for this property. I was wrong. That's not to say it was a bad hotel, just not actually a four star property.

The plus side is that the building is in a wonderful location and has a fun history. The architectural detail has been well preserved through the whole building which is beautiful. And the hotel is very clean and tidy. The staff was friendly and outgoing but we had to ask at least 6 times over a day and a half to get the gold fish for our rooms, each time being told they would get one to me right away. Since the fish is something that is offered at all Kimptons I was a little surprised, when I asked the last time I was told that the hotel was completely booked and the fish were all being aerated before they were sent off to new rooms, I was fine with that answer, just wish someone had said that up front instead of telling me they would get me a fish. The next problem was that I did not receive my Kimpton In Touch welcome gift that I am supposed to receive as a member, its not that big of a deal, its usually a breakfast or cookies, but there was nothing. The second day in my friends asked the maid for extra towels and she only left them the one time, even though they clearly needed them each day. We also found that when we needed a larger piece of paper the folder that is supposed to have stationary and one wrinkled blank sheet and one envelope only, good thing we were not writting home. I left the folder out for the maid so she would see it and replenish it, but instead she just put back the wrinkled sheet and put the folder back in the drawer. Despite the fact that the web site says they offer turn down service upon request there actually is no turn down service. I put in a request and was told at the front desk that they don't offer that. The door man was always nice and we got to know him a little, but as nice as he was he also spent quite a bit of time on his phone. There is no Concierge either which is something I was used to with the Monaco, there is however a desk that says concierge that is stocked with some brochures on the area. I am glad we stayed here and got to see the property, but in the future I will be going back to the Monaco for the service I am used to from Kimpton. This hotel is in a great area, close to the park and the Art Institute, but do not pay the full price for a room!

Room Tip: As a Kimpton In Touch member you can set room preferences for a corner room, it will give you a little bit more space.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends