2,510 results
All reviewsthe weber grillgreat locationnavy pierfridge and microwavewithin walking distancemagnificent milefront desk staffvalet parkingself parkmichigan avecity viewstreet noisebusiness centerwould definitely stay here againroom was clean and comfortablefew blocksmag mile
Reviewed October 25, 2010

THe front desk was very nice and helpful. Super friendly. The rooms were decent size with lumpy comforters. The room was clean! Checked for bedbugs NONE. We had a handicapped accessible room so bathroom was large. There was no makeup mirror for a woman in the bathroom. The amenities were Neutrogena. The walls were paper thin and the hallway was noisy. I know everything my neighbors did. The view was of a parking lot. Teh pool and fitness center were very nice. We were given a late check out. The location is great. We got a corporate discount so the price was good but if I had to pay 200 - 300 I would not be happy. The weber grill was hopping

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
mlobb1207, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Chicago Downtown/Magnificent Mile, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2010

Thank you for selecting and staying with the Hilton Garden Inn-Chicago Magnificent Mile. We pride ourselves on meeting guests expectations and hope to go beyond those expectations. Sounds like we did not accomplish that for you and for that I apologize. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I hope you will allow us a second chance and consider our hotel the next time you are in Chicago.

Martha Lobb, Director of Sales

Reviewed October 22, 2010

I went to the Hilton Garden Inn with my parents for a 3 night stay before we went to Colorado for a week. I had my own room and my parents had the room right next door. The rooms were grand, basic but had everything we needed, a nice tv, lovely bed and selection of pillows etc. The bathroom was also fine, nothing extraordinary but we were only looking for somewhere to sleep after our days in the Windy City anyway. The only thing was the whole place just looked a bit dated, the wallpaper the light switches, things like that but it certainly didn't hamper our stay... The location was great, just a few blocks from the infamous Michigan Avenue and very easy to find. The sports bar downstairs was handy too, good for a drink on the way back from sightseeing or for a drink at the end of the evening after dinner. We only ate there for breakfast one morning which was fine, again nothing special, we ate at Yolk the other two mornings and that place is a-m-azing for breakfast, yum yum! The bar always seemed to be busy and buzzing though which was nice to see.
Most of the staff were very pleasant, I did ask one of the receptionists for directions one morning and she wasnt very personable, she was doing so many other things and talking to other people I didn't know whether she had heard me or not until she thrust a printout from Google maps over the counter. This was the only time I had any issue with the staff, the ladies who cleaned the rooms were friendly along with the door staff etc.
I used the gym one morning, not alot of equipment so I did have to wait for a treadmill and the room was so hot from the morning sun that it was quite a tough workout! I also used the pool after, again just seems a little outdated and could do with a spruce up.
All in all, it was a very pleasant stay for what we needed but I probably would try somewhere else if I were to go back to Chicago again.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family

Martha Lobb, Director of Sales

Reviewed October 5, 2010

Spent two nights here (Sat and Sun). Was in town for a Whitesox and Bears game. Hotel was clean and friendly staff. Concierge was helpful. Has a sports bar next to the lobby. Subway entrance outside front door. Had to take subway to both Whitesox game and Bears game. Felt very safe on subway. After the games, hit some sports bars around the hotel. Streets were lively, bars were fun. Felt very safe walking around the area of the hotel, lots of people on both Sat and Sun night. Also, a lot of restaurant choices around the hotel (all different $$ levels). Hotel is a little pricey (190/night plus 15%). Would definitely recommend the hotel for both its cleanliness and location. Did check for bedbugs (like I do everywhere), found none.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, we look forward to seeing you the next time you are in town for a game, whether for the Bears, Sox or other event.

Reviewed September 29, 2010

I am a Hilton Gold member and have stayed in many Hilton Garden Inns. This one was the worst and you are much better off at the Hampton Inn a few blocks away. The front desk staff was too busy socializing to help with check-in, the room was dirty (sheets were dirty and not changed from prior occupant), the walls are thin so the hallway noise is very loud and the walls between rooms are so thin you can hear everything (and I mean everything) happening in the rooms next door. When I went to the restaurant for breakfast the next morning, the wait staff (same problem as the front desk) was too busy socializing among themselves to pour coffee, or otherwise serve guests.
While most Hilton Garden Inns that I have stayed at have been comfortable, clean and with helpful staff, this one needs a great deal of management and improvement.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
chidn, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chicago Downtown/Magnificent Mile, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2010

I'm sorry to hear that you had a bad experience at our hotel. We always appreciate honest feedback from guests and will use this to help improve our product and service. I assure you that the finding our staff socailizing rather than assisting guests is not the norm for our hotel and I am sorry that it happened to you. I understand that you prefer the Hampton Inn when you are in this neighborhood but hope you will give us another chance if you find them full.

Thank you again for taking time to share your thoughts with us.

Sincerely;

Matt Colony
Hotel Manager

Reviewed September 28, 2010

Arriving on September 25th, our entire stay throught September 28 was very good. The Inn is located with in walking distance to many interesting areas in the downtown area. The Red Line subway stop is just across the street whcih we used to get around the Chicago Metro area. Our room was very good the the hotel staff all were great to us. I do not recommend taking a car but use other means of transportation because the rate for keeping your car at the hotel is $44.00 per night. By a Chicago Transit Pass for three days which you can use for the subway or bus is the way to go. The big question is, Would you go back and stay again? YES. With it being downtwon, you do hear the fire department out making their emergency calls throughout the day and evening.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to spread the word about of hotel. Your right, this is a wonderful location to explore Chicago from. The street noise can be a little loud which is why the rooms start on the 13th floor to stay away from the noise as much as we can. We hope to see you back.

Thank you again for your business.

Sincerely;