“Meetings at location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #50 of 189 Hotels in Chicago
Kansas City, Missouri
“Meetings at location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I held a meeting at this location for about 30 people. The sales department and staff of this hotel was very helpful. The meeting space worked out great and the food was excellent. I would highly recommend this hotel if you are needing a small meeting. It is centrally located for evening activities and it is priced perfectly.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
Mark C, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Chicago Downtown/Magnificent Mile, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Thank you very much for sharing your thoughtful feedback about your successful meeting at our hotel. Glad to know your group also enjoyed being in the center of our nearby activities. Just about everything you'd ever want to do or see is within walking distance from our doorstep. Looking forward to welcoming you back to Chicago again for business or pleasure! Safe travels.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (227)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Lombard, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

While in the city for an overnight my husband came down with the flu. We had to spend an extra night as he was to sick to travel home. The staff was very accommodating to include arranging for room service delivery before hours. Would stay there again! Great AAA rate and they honored it for our second night as well.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Nichol J
Mark C, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Chicago Downtown/Magnificent Mile, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Thank you for allowing us the opportunuity to assist you and your husband while he was convalescing that extra night in our hotel. We trust he is on the mend by now. Looking forward to welcoming you back again someday soon. Take care.
Devon UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here again January/February 2013, - this hotel is becoming my second home. Staff as friendly as ever, easy and fast check-in, being HH get free internet -both wired and wifi are available. Good full breakfast, - whatever you want cooked, plus cereals, breads/bagels etc and fresh fruit and yoghurts, coffee and fruit juices. Beds are comfortable and rooms have iron and ironing board and in room safe. plenty of power sockets available in sensible places so you can charge your laptop/phones etc without having to uplug lights! Rooms also have flat screen TVs, microwave and full side refridgerator. plenty of hot water any time of day. Odd numbered rooms have city view, most even overlook the pool and roof.

Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank firsedge
Thank you for the thorough review. You really know our property well! Thank you for sharing the details about the guest room amenities; especially the free wi-fi and plethora of power outlets in every room. Safe travels.
Brookfield, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I just love this hotel. Room is great and the staff was so nice. I love that they have a Weber Grill in the hotel. What a fun restaurant. I dont like the fee to park but every hotel in downtown Chicago charges a lot. I would stay here any time.

Room Tip: I stayed on the top floor, I think the 23rd and it was a very quite floor.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank WisconsinBaderFan
Thanks for sharing your comments. We really appreciate your repeat visits; it means a lot to our team as they enjoy getting acquainted with our devoted guests. We love the Weber Grill too! Its a great up-scale alternative to a typical select servioe style dining experience. Did you know that our guests may charge meals from Weber Grill directly to their rooms? They also serve daily breakfast and cover our hotel room service meals in the evenings (every room has a Weber Grill room service menu). Thanks again and safe travels!
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I took the CTA Blue line to Clark and Lake from the O'Hare then took a taxi to the hotel. Taxis cost about $7:50 with tip.
Arrived and was greeted right away. Hotel is located in a great area for restaurants and shopping.
The Weber Grill is connected to the hotel. There is a small Starbucks open until 11a for morning coffee lovers inside hotel near concierge desk. My room was clean and comfortable. Room had a small refrigerator and microwave and complimentary Wi-Fi.. There is the usual coffee and tea service in the room. Business Center is located on 12th floor with computers and printers.
I want to compliment the staff. Every hotel staff members was willing to help with any questions, I had…and I always have many when staying at hotels I have not stayed before..
I would stay here again!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Traveling_Lady_2004
I enjoy the convenience of taking the CTA train from the airport too; I usually transfer to the Redline and get off at our doorstep Grand/State. With luggage, you had a great idea to hop in a cab for the last leg; at $7.50 (that's good overall value compared with the usual airport taxi fare that runs about $40-$45 with tip). Thanks for the detailed comments about our guest amenities, especially the fitness center and mini Starbucks that we have on site. On busy meeting days or when its too cold to step out, our guests also like having those options on property. Glad you're interested in returning again. If you have time and a swimsuit, head up to the 12th floor for a swim in our heated pool or take a dip in the whirlpool. Its a great place to relax amidst wrap around windows and glimpses of our diverse cityscape. Thanks for sharing, we will let our staff know about your kind words today at the staff meeting. Safe travels.
Libertyville IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on a "date night." Loved it. Friendly staff, CTA at the door and a nice fitness center. Room was as listed and the king bed was SO comfortable! Would stay again happily. Price ($120/night) was perfect.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank PeterLibertyvilleIL
Congrats on the successful night out and your comfortable stay. Guests frequently comment on nice it was to sleep on our adjustable Garden Sleep System beds. Its a unique feature in every room, just turn the dial on either side of the bed to adjust the mattress firmness. Safe travels!
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I came to Chicago for two nights to be maid-of-honor in a small, intimate wedding for a friend. Her fiancé and her were staying in a condo nearby, so I decided on this hotel. I was able to get a great rate through Southwest.com with my AAA discount.

I arrived at 8 am and was just planning on dropping my luggage off (to go site-seeing) and was informed there was a room already available. The room was a nice, mid-sized room (not too big, not too small), the bathroom was nice and large, everything was very clean. It was supposed to be a city view, but I felt it was a little far down to really enjoy it, but I wasn't too concerned with that. I did hear some city noise (traffic, sirens), but it didn't bother me.

Everyone at the hotel was extremely nice and concerned with my comfort, which was nice. My room was cleaned perfectly every day. I even got new towels every day even though I hung them up to try and save them.

The last day of my stay, I was able to leave my luggage with concierge, for free, and took a short walk to Michigan Avenue to blow some hard earned cash.

I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
Mark C, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Chicago Downtown/Magnificent Mile, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Glad to hear you enjoyed your time in Chicago! We appreciate your kind words and shared your comments with our staff. Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. We hope you return for another sojourn with us to enjoy another celebration and well-earned Mag Mile shopping too! Safe travels.