Hilton Garden Inn Chicago Downtown/Magnificent Mile
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Room Service
2,418 results
All reviewsthe weber grillgreat locationnavy pierfridge and microwavewithin walking distancemagnificent mileself parkvalet parkingfront desk staffmichigan avestreet noisecity viewwould definitely stay here againroom was clean and comfortablefew blockseasy accesscorner room
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Held a meeting there and although I didn't attend, the sales & catering staff did an excellent job to ensure my meeting ran smoothly. If I needed anything, all it took was an email and voila...!! In the age of declining customer service, the HGI went above and beyond for us. My attending team gave me great feedback. Thanks Hilton!!

1  Thank Kathi R
Reviewed October 18, 2012

This is the first time for us to go to Chicago on vacation and I booked the hotel on another discount site and got a great price. We didn't check in until 5 p.m. on Saturday and the staff there were super. I had a cold and asked for tea and honey half expecting they would have it but sure enough someone went to the back and came out with it. We stayed on the 21 floor and had a great view. The room was nice and tidy and the house keeping staff were great also. Since we didn't know the area the staff gave us great tips for food and attractions. The parking was $41 a night but we didn't really need to drive anywhere so there isn't a need for a car. I would stay here again. The 12th floor has a big pool and a business center to print out boarding passes. Great location.

Room Tip: Park is expensive but you are within walking distance to food and attractions. Free wifi.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank keobouasay
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Was supposed to stay two nights but checked out after one sleepless night. My room at the Hilton Garden Inn looked like an old-fashioned dorm room---lumpy bed, bad lighting, very loud air exchange when I tried to turn on the fan to warm things up. Also, let's talk about the terrible bathroom design. When's the last time you stayed in a hotel where you had to get up and walk across the bathroom to grab a handful of toilet paper. Not what I'd call convenient, if you get my drift. Equally worrisome was very sketchy lobby security since the elevators are out of sight of the desk, tucked away in a back corner. Anyone entering the lobby from the restaurant can access the elevators without challenge. There is a key-card activation on the elevators but I was told it isn't turned on until after midnight. Why? I would just stay away. You can do a lot better than this dump.

1  Thank Capitol Hill
Kristy F, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chicago Downtown/Magnificent Mile, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Dear Capitol Hill, your feed back is appreciated and taken very seriously by our staff. Our guest comfort and security is of the upmost importance to everyone on our team. The bathroom design flaw has been identified in a specific room and is being addressed. For the convenience of our meeting guest attendees on the twelfth floor, the elevators are accessible and then locked after 11:00pm. Security cameras in the lobby are also in place to insure the overall safety of our guests. Please contact me personally to further discuss how we could exceed your expectations during your next trip to Chicago. Craig Hillyard, General Manager, craig.hillyard@hilton.com

Reviewed October 18, 2012

I stay at this brand all the time. These folks have it down pat. Clean. Efficient. Great attitude. I'll stay there again. They were all, to a very one, helpful, eager to make me feel at home and even accommodated my request for. Higher floor and better view.

Room Tip: Ask for a very high floor!
1  Thank Marc R
Reviewed October 17, 2012

The rooms are large compared to other Chicago hotels. Close to mag. mile but a long ride from mccormick place. Wireless internet access was free in my room which is always something I am looking for. The business center allowed printing from my room. Weber Grill is downstairs and is always tasty, but a little pricey.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business