2,510 results
All reviewsthe weber grillgreat locationnavy pierfridge and microwavewithin walking distancemagnificent milefront desk staffvalet parkingself parkmichigan avecity viewstreet noisebusiness centerwould definitely stay here againroom was clean and comfortablefew blocksmag mile
Reviewed November 23, 2011

We stayed one night at the Hilton Garden Inn, while in Chicago for an appointment at the French consulate on Michigan Avenue. The front desk and valet staff were all very helpful with our last minute paperwork needs, and providing directions and walking/driving advice. Valet parking is $42/night. The hotel is very convenient to the attractions that downtown Chicago has to offer. There were a lot of great stores as well as many, many restaurants within walking distance. We walked to the "Bean" and enjoyed some tasty deep dish Chicago pizza and Garrets popcorn on the way back. I found the beds wonderful, but the noise from the rooms next door, the hallway and street noise (sirens, horns, etc. that could even be heard on the 16th floor) were all slightly annoying. The hotel's free internet was appreciated, but for some reason the location took over my blackberry's internet access. Overall, a very good visit, for a relatively good price.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Mary H
Martha L, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Chicago Downtown/Magnificent Mile, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2011

Dear Mhenry59,

Thank you for selecting the Hilton Garden Inn Chicago for your stay in Chicago. We appreciate your review on TripAdvisor and look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed November 21, 2011

I was in the Hilton Garden Inn for 6 nights... very comfortable property... great location.. near Michigan Ave... and a subway spot just out the door. Weber Grill provides great meals (and is popular at night.. kinda noisy, but alternatives like PF Chang's and Cantina Laredo and RB Grill near. Also near Nordstrom and Northbridge.

The staff was very friendly and just as helpful. Valets, front desk and housekeeping were all great. Obviously well managed.

The bathrooms while spotlessly clean could use an update. However.. it's a great value, so leave them alone and keep the prices as they are!

Room Tip: Hallways can be noisy (due to fellow -rude- travelers talked loudly.. ask for rooms away from elevators.. at end of hallways.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Cory S
Martha L, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Chicago Downtown/Magnificent Mile, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2011

Dear DallasDue,
Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. I am so glad you could experience our warm, friendly staff. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed November 21, 2011

The beds here are awful, if you want to get any sleep you would be better off on the floor. Hilton contacted me for a review and when I didn't give them a good one they never responded back to me. The staff was very nice and the room was clean, but we were tired the whole weekend due to lack of sleep and back aches. Don't believe the signs that say a good nights rest and comfort adjustable beds.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family

Dear Michelle,
I am very sorry that your experience at our hotel was not enjoyable. Hilton Garden Inn as a company does promote a great night sleep as you can adjust the beds level of firmness, but it sounds like your was not working. If you could contact me so that I could have the bed looked at and even removed I would appreciate it. I am not sure who from Hilton would have contacted you, but I apologize you did not receive a return response.

I hope that you will consider us again if you are in Chicago and allow us the chance to show you what a great hotel we have.

martha.lobb@hilton.com

Reviewed November 20, 2011

My family and I wanted to find a reasonable hotel down by the Michigan Mile for a quick weekend getaway. We selected the HGI and were very happy with our choice. The staff were excellent, the room was clean, comfortable and well appointed. I've stayed at other Hotels in Chicago and this was one of the best values for the money.

• Stayed: November 2011

Dear jpscoffee,

Thank you for selecting our hotel for our stay in Chicago. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed November 19, 2011

I wanted to say that everyone at this hilton garden inn was nice, but George in the valet was "super friendly, nice, helpful". It was just wonderful after a 5 hour drive to stop and have some body you don't even know great you like family. He just helped to make our Chicago trip even more memorable for the right reason. Thanks George and the staff...

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family

Dear Mike,
Thank you for your review and I am so glad you could experience our warm, friendly staff. We hope to see you again when you visit the windy city.