Before we chose the Hampton, we read the reviews here, and we found them to be accurate. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The amenities and location were excellent. I especially liked having an in-suite kitchen. It was one of the reasons we chose this hotel.
Our main concern was its location across from a fire hall. We heard the sirens frequently, but although our suite was right across from the fire hall, they didn't wake us up at night. Being on the 9th floor might have helped.
The start of the free trolley route to Navy Pier is about half a block from the hotel. The signs say that it runs every 15 minutes, but it's more like every half hour, if that. We waited twice for 25+ minutes and ended up taking a cab. But that isn't the hotel's fault.
The breakfasts were good. We didn't have time to use the swimming pool, but we checked it out, and it was tempting, especially the whirlpool after a day of being on our feet.
The one drawback was that the wireless Internet access worked only for the computer we brought and not for the laptop. They didn't have a tech person on site and weren't able to help us with that. They have computers for use in their business center at no charge, but most of what I needed was on the laptop. The laptop was able to pick up a wireless signal at the conference we were attending, so it didn't appear to be the problem. Unfortunately, reliable Internet access is a common problem at hotels we've stayed at.
We plan on returning to the Hampton when we're in Chicago again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience downtown Chicago from our Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago - Downtown hotel. Located in the heart of trendy River North neighborhood, you're in the ideal location to Chicago's entertainment, shopping and dining venues, with easy access to Navy Pier and Michigan Avenue shops. Explore the Loop's business and theater districts, or discover Field Museum, Adler Planetarium or Shedd Aquarium with your kids during your stay. Start your day with the convenience of Hampton's free hot breakfast. Enjoy free WiFi throughout the hotel. We offer a fitness center, indoor swimming pool, whirlpool and dry sauna. End the day with a reservation at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse connected to our hotel by sky bridge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hilton Hotels Direct, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago - Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago - Downtown Hotel Chicago
- Hampton Inn And Suites Chicago - Downtown
- Hampton Inn Chicago Downtown
- Chicago Hampton Inn