“Professional in every way”

Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago - Downtown
Ranked #58 of 191 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed September 28, 2010

Cassandra and Tomekin in your main office were great. Each one came to my rescue
on audio eqpt. rental from a local company. Both did a great job of interfacing with my client, JAG. All other staff I came in contact with were of the highers caliber, from parking, bellmen, house keeping and the front desk staff. THANK YOU for having a well trained staff.
Best regards,

Haven McKinney
Whitaker Technologies
301-474-6748

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (2,638)

Reviewed September 27, 2010

Just returned & had a wonderful trip. The staff was outstanding, very friendly & helpful. Above & beyond anything we've experienced in recent years. Location is fabulous, very centrally located so not a long walk anywhere. We had 2 rooms, one a corner suite which was lovely & very spacious. The other was a standard room and it also was very nice & comfortably sized. Only complaint was lack of control of room temperature. It was 90 degrees the day we arrived & we just couldn't cool down the room. Don't think the thermastat controls actually work because same problem in both rooms. But a fan was brought up & that helped. Would recommend this hotel & definantly will visit again.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed September 23, 2010

My colleagues & I stayed at the Hampton Inn & Suites, over a 10 day period, while preparing & exhibiting at IMTS2010. I would highly recommend this property for its convenient location, clean & comfortable rooms, above average complimentary breakfast and courteous & helpful front desk staff. While this alone merits my praise, it was the outstanding personalized customer care that I received from Hampton Sales Manager, Kim Miller that was truly beyond reproach. I worked with Kim 11 tiring months preparing for our stay in Chicago. Always patient & courteous, Kim helped me reserve 21 rooms to accommodate my companies ever changing needs. She was an absolute delight to work with & I cannot thank her enough for turning what could have been a nightmare into an effortless dream. In a city full of exceptional hotels, this is what will bring us back to the Hampton in 2012.

Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed September 21, 2010

My husband and I stayed at this hotel from August 20 to August 31, 2010. I have no complaints other than that one of three elevators was down for the last day or so of our visit, making it a bit of a wait to go up or down. That's it! Pictures of the room are posted for your review. The room and bathroom were kept very clean, to me the most important thing of all! Toiletries (shampoo, conditioner and moisturizer) were replaced daily as needed - never had to ask. Nothing was lacking - we had a fridge which we used a lot, a microwave and coffee maker which we didn't use at all, a chair with ottoman for reading and a great T.V. The bed was so comfortable I slept through the night - most unusual for me. I loved the duvet and pillows. Despite previous postings of noise from the fire station down the block we weren't bothered, maybe because we live downtown and are used to City noises. All the staff were friendly and helpful and we encountered no "attitudes". The breakfast was adequate and we were able to get seats the times we did go down. You can get coffee anytime. There is a business centre with free internet so you can Google or print off your boarding pass. We didn't use the pool so I can't comment on that. The cost of the room was $149.00 per night plus tax.

One of the things I liked best about this hotel was the location. It is about a 4-5 minute walk from the Grand stop on the red line. We were even able to use the transit system to take the El from the Airport to the hotel by taking the blue line to Jackson, and then transferring to the red line to go north to Grand. It worked with no complications other than that I have to get a lighter suitcase for myself...a younger, stronger person would have no problems. We bought a weekly pass for the El and used it to go everywhere - Andersonville, Chinatown, Oak Park, Bucktown, etc. etc. The hotel is also an easy walk to the Magnificent Mile and the Loop. As for restaurants and cafes, there are many in the immediate area. Some I would recommend are Lou Malnati's, Portillo's and Ed Debevic's. The place we enjoyed eating at the most was Ann Sather's (Swedish) in Andersonville. In the end result, there's no shortage of things to do in Chicago and I
would go again anytime, booking at this Hampton Inn.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank AltaPat
Reviewed September 21, 2010

I always stay at Hilton properties and are seldome disappointed. My stay at this Hampton was exceptional. The staff in particular were all excellent. Everyone including the Housekeepers were friendly and helpful. I highly recommend this hotel to any traveler as it is extremely clean, safe and convenient.

For my next trip to Chicago, I will definitely stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed September 14, 2010

Stayed at this hotel this past Labor Day Weekend. Convenient location with restaurants nearby. Only downside with location was a fire station across the street. I was on the opposite side of the building so a distraction at first but eventually got used to it and was able to sleep without any issues. I imagine my opinion would be different if on the same side of the street as the fire station. Room comfortable and convenient. A microwave and refrigerator would have been a nice touch. Free breakfast and internet were great. Hotel staff was excellent. Any request was taken serious with thought going into any response. The staff was friendly and customer service oriented yet very real at the same time.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed September 12, 2010

We enjoyed our labor day stay at the Hampton inn and suites by the magnificent mile. Pros: veer friendly staff,nice lobby, nice room ( we had a king suite) that was big with kitchen area and nicely furnished, breakfast was decent, near the subway", nice pool and workout room. Cons: near the fire dept ( which wasn't a problem for our stay but could be), a little hike from Michigan ave but near lots of restaurants, elevators are really slow. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family