“Fantastic holiday” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Jersey, Channel Islands
“Fantastic holiday”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2014

My Mum and I recently returned from a few days in Chicago. Have stayed here before and decided to upgrade to a suite this time. Loads of space, and having a coffee percolator in the room was perfect. Outdoor terrace was disappointingly bare, nothing like the picture on the website but couldn't complain otherwise. Loads of choice at breakfast. Very convenient location for all downtown and easy to get to from the airport on the blue line. Still haven't seen everything so will be back again ...

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Alex S, Guest Experience Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago - Downtown, responded to this review, June 29, 2014
Hey JoeySarah,

I really appreciate the great review and all the compliments about our hotel and staff. I'm happy to know you'll be back, and I have good news. Our outdoor terrace will be more inviting than when you were with us. We are in the process of revamping part of it and have progressively taken some stuff out of the area in order to prepare for the job. Also, we have brand new furniture we will be putting out as soon as it wraps up in a week or so. Hopefully if you return you'll be able to enjoy it. Hope you had a safe trip home!

f:312-830-0333

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (481)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Dudley, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2014

My husband, daughter & I stayed at Hampton Inn & Suites conveniently located in the downtown area making it easy to walk to all the places that we had planned to see! Very clean & QUIET! I never heard anyone at all while there. The beds lie GREAT! Such a great hotel! Enjoyed the Continental breakfast! I do recommend this hotel for anyone wanting to enjoy the CITY LIFE!

The Outlaw's, North Carolina

Room Tip: Our room was perfect!
Green Features: You have a choice if you'd like to use your towels twice .... to save the environment!
2 Thank Bonnie O
Hey Bonnie,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us! I'm happy to know your family had a good vacation and appreciate you including us to be part of it. Like you said, our beds are GREAT! I slept in them for the first time this winter when I got stuck in from a winter storm, and I was really impressed with how comfortable they were. Considering I have a bad back I'm quite picky. I hope we get to have your family as our guests again in the future!

Shanghai, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2014

I stayed here for the whole thanksgiving week last year. Staff was friendly, and the hotel had everything we would be needing then. The location is convenient, and the room clean. The brand offers free and hot breakfast every day. Besides,I like free printing services Hilton provides(as always^_^)

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank HHHCCCYYY
Hey HHHCCCYYY,

I appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review and for the compliments about our hotel and staff. I hope you enjoyed your experience with us over that holiday week. I would have to agree we are really affordable for all that we offer for being in the city. I hope we get to see you again next year, or even sooner!

Concord, New Hampshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2014

So much nicer than the run-of-the-mill Hampton Inn! Bright rooms, nice decor. We had a big 2 room suite - and it was more than fine. So, check in was not as friendly as I have become accustomed to - arrived at 2, no room as ready - even though I had asked for an early check in. They said they would call when it was ready, they did not. They also missed a wake up call, which was not a big deal - as I woke up before we missed our flight. Breakfast was CROWDED. But food was fine. Very good location, and later interactions with front desk showed that most of those who man it are very nice. but, yes, the Chicago FD is next door, so you will hear them at any hour.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the West are farther away from the Fire Dept...
Hello Pepelevoo,

I appreciate the great comments about our hotel and team! I would have to agree you you 100% in the sense that we are not the "run-of-the-mill Hampton Inn". We have unique decor,an original lobby, and among many things an outstanding staff! Im sorry about the wake up call and the check in time. I'll have to talk to them about that. The breakfast gets slammed every day around 9. We do our best to prepare for this, but I always tell guests that the best time to stop to eat is typically 45 mins before of after 9. I hope you had a safe trip home and look forward to having you as our guest in the future!

Saline, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2014

With a great location, good pricing and attentive staff. Free breakfast can be for the hardy or the easy eaters, and the comp newspapers provide excellent start for the day. Room amenities were just fine, wi-fi throughout and personal computers in the business office; clean swimming pool; flat-screen; room clean and quiet and much more. No room service, but take-away near and since Chicago is the home to the food industry, you won’t notice. Was there 5 nights and while occupancy with families and children increased on the weekend it was still a calm place. Exceptional place for all and good value too.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Hey abletokhuna,

I wanted to thank you for all of the compliments about our hotel and staff! I think we have such a great hotel with so many features, and its always reassuring to hear the same thing from our guests. I truly hope you enjoyed your experience with us. You mentioned our location in relation to food and you're absolutely correct. We are surrounded by some of the best restaurants in the city, and many of them are affordable as well. Hopefully we have the opportunity to have you as our guest in the future!

Have a great week!

Arlington Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2014

When I arrived at 2 a m due to travel delays I met the desk clerk and security guard occupying their closed lobby. The lobby closes at 11 pm for security purposes. I was in my room in minutes. It was clean and well appointed the a mini fridge and microwave. We attended the free breakfast about 9 am with quite a few guest. they served scrambled eggs, Canadian bacon, rolls, oatmeal coffee and more. I was a 6:30 visitor on subsequent mornings with less of a crowd. Their lobby has access to two restaurants. Ruth Criss and Joe Fish both up scale eateries.There are a dozen other restaurants withing a couple of blocks. The river north location is handy by car and cab to most of Chicago's downtown attractions. The lobby in the Frank Lloyd Wright style is attractive and functional. Daily housekeeping brought my room back to neat a clean. I was impressed by their service and amenities. I will be a return customer.

Room Tip: Fire station a block away provided more noise than I had expected. The breakfast while plentiful was...
Green Features: They offer no wash towel service. The breakfast used biodegradable plates
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello TarrantTexas,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! I'm glad to know you enjoyed your time here, and that you were able to take advantage of our awesome breakfast. With a rotating menu and a ton of options its worth taking a look at. I'm glad that you were able to notice the Frank Lloyd Wright layout in the lobby. Not many people pick up on it, and I feel that it makes our property quite unique for being a chain hotel. I hope you had a safe trip home!

Have a great 4th of July!

Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2014

my granddaughter and I stayed at the Hampton 6/15/14 for 5nites.. the rooms mostly have doors for adjoining space for familys, but if you are only using one room there is very little insulation between rooms.. and one can easily hear conversations and babies crying, or kids just yelling and having fun,, I asked about a room with no adjoining door and there are precious few.. mainly only the suites.. the rooms were clean and no complaints there, do wish there would have been a mini fridge...

Room Tip: our room was 410.. loud noise from adjoin room
1 Thank aggie_13
Alex S, Guest Experience Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago - Downtown, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Hello Aggie_13,

I wanted to thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and for sharing your feedback with us. Also, I wanted to apologize for the noise that come from the room that was connected to yours. Sometimes guests don't realize how loud they're being and it causes them to disturb their neghibors. We do our best to prevent it, but are more than happy to call and ask them to keep it down. However, I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your experience with us otherwise. I hope you and your granddaughter had fun during your time in Chicago and a safe trip home.

Thanks,