“Great Experience”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Hartford, Connecticut
“Great Experience”
Reviewed May 7, 2014

Came into Chicago for a 1 night stay after being in the nearby suburbs for a wedding over the weekend. Front desk staff and bellman were both very helpful and accommodating about storing our luggage, as we arrived several hrs before check-in on Sun and stayed long after check-out on Mon. Our son was traveling w/us & Suite was very spacious- wish we could have stayed longer. Had a light meal & drinks in adjoining Joe Fish Restaurant- very good, beautiful decor, pleasant server. All in all a very good experience & would return. The bellman was especially pleasant and helpful! Wish I could remember his name.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

1 Thank O8625CBwilliamh
Alex S, Guest Experience Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago - Downtown, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
Hey William,

Im very happy to hear you had a great experience with us! This is exactly what we try to accomplish with each and every guest. A quality visit from the instant you arrive and until you depart (even after if possible). Im glad you liked Joe Fish. They opened a little over a month ago and everyone Ive spoke to has loved it. Thanks again for your time and the great review.

Have a great weekend,

f:312-830-0333

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (496)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Illinois
Reviewed May 7, 2014

I stayed up here for a baseball game, and I had no problems checking in. They actually let me check in early. There was an odor in the bathroom when I arrived. I informed the front desk clerk and she informed the manager about it. I left for a couple of hours and the odor was gone. My room was facing the fire station. I didn't hear it at all. It was really convenient to have the Red Line station only a couple blocks away. If you have to go to a baseball game I would recommend staying here. The breakfast was pretty good too. There was a restaurant near the hotel called Rocket Bar and Grill. The front desk clerk gave me a 10 dollar off coupon.

Room Tip: If you don't like noise, I would suggest not getting a king room. All the king rooms face the f...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank cooldude2003us
Hey cooldude,

Thank you so much for the great review and taking our suggestion on Rockit Bar & Grill. Its personally one of my favorite places to eat in the city, and definitely one of the best burgers. I hope you enjoyed both the game and your dinner at Rockit.

Hopefully we'll see you again,

Plainfield, Connecticut
Reviewed May 7, 2014

We were on vacation and happened to be driving through Chicago so we decided to stay overnight. I entered Hampton Inn on the GPS and it brought us to Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago - Downtown. This was a beautiful hotel but the thing I like most is how clean it was. The people at the front desk were extremely friendly and helpful with directions and city maps. At breakfast, the general manager was going to everyone's table to introduce himself and make sure everything was OK. I was very impressed that he would take the time out of his busy day to mingle with the guests. I had a reservation at a Comfort Inn in Milwaukee but after being in this hotel, I cancelled it and reserved a room at the Hampton Milwaukee.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jana L
Hey Jana,

I really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us! I truly hope your road trip went well. Its good to see that our guests can see how great our team really is. You raised a good point, they're fantastic from position to position. Jim (our GM that you mentioned) is great to work with and will take time to interact with our guests on a daily basis. In many downtown hotels you'll never see management, let alone a GM. I hope you had a safe trip back home and hopefully we'll see you again in the future!

Ontario
Reviewed May 6, 2014

We had an amazing time staying at the Hampton.

Cara went above and beyond to make sure our stay was as best it could be. I forgot to book the shopping package for the gals and she went out of here way to set up gift bags with coupons, sights to see and maps - excellent.

Patio was great spot to relax and catch your breath after a day in the city.

They booked the architectural boat cruise for us...........one of the best excursions we have done!

Room Tip: We booked a suite - lots of room for my wife, teenage daughter and a friend.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Alex S, Guest Experience Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago - Downtown, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Hello SWO,

Its really nice to hear comments like yours saying things like "We had an amazing time staying at the Hampton". Your experience is a perfect example of what we strive to achieve each and every day. I'm glad you enjoyed your suite and the patio as well. Our suites are huge for downtown properties and our outdoor terrace is a nice getaway inside the city. With all the greenery out there you forget you're in downtown.

New York Mills, Minnesota
Reviewed May 4, 2014

I had a very nice experience and found the hotel to be a good value. The room was clean, spacious, and quiet. Everyone I encountered seemed friendly. When in the area again I will return as the hotel was everything I needed.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Hey Saige,

I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us and will be returning in the future. Thank you so much for the great comments and the review! I'm glad to know that you thought it was a good value as well. I think with the quality of service and amenities we offer that we are one of the best valued hotels in the area. Thanks again!

Reviewed May 4, 2014

I stayed here over the weekend and it was one of the best hotel experiences I've ever had. The hotel was spotless and everyone I encountered during my stay were extremely friendly and pleasant. The front desk staff were very helpful with directions and the AGM, Robert was personally welcoming his guest in to the hotel. I cant forget the breakfast team who served really great food. It was a great stay at a great price in downtown Chicago.
Kudos to everyone working here!! You really know how to do hospitality right!

• Stayed April 2014
Hello Francisco,

I really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us and for leaving us such a great review! Thank you for all the great comments, I'm very pleased to know that our guests can see how great our staff truly is (I'm a little biased so its good that others see it). Thank you for mentioning Robert as well, as you raised a great point. Not many Managers of Downtown properties spend time interacting with their guests. Robert will be out checking them in and personally ensuring they have a great experience with us. I hope you had a safe trip home and thanks again!

Hampshire, Illinois
Reviewed May 2, 2014

From the great front desk staff to the valet attendants. The hotel is customer driven and continues to excel. This was my third stay and it keeps getting better each time. The room was clean and better than expected. I am going to stay there at least twice this summer alone. Great price and the breakfast was awesome.

Room Tip: Higher floors are nicer. The king bed suite was nice.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Hey Brian,

Thank you so much for everything. The great review, the compliments, and for your loyalty to our hotel. You put it perfectly, we're very customer driven. Many hotels downtown are all about 'heads in beds" is what they say, but we like to make the interaction more personal showing we care. Our staff is arguably the best in the city, just everyday people that love what they do and put our guests first. You're setting the bar pretty high if we keep getting better every time you stay, we'll have to make sure to exceed those expectations next time. We look forward to seeing you again this summer.